Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    If the Knicks are able to pull RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick, the Knicks could start their future rebuild around Block-Party MithcRob & ROY Barrett !!!
    I hope we keep MRob as well. To me heís the one player thatís untouchable. Heís a true center that doesnít demand the ball that fills the stat sheet with rebounds, blocks, and dunks. Even with KD or AD neither one them is a true center. Please donít include Mrob in any trade!!!!

Veteran

3 weeks until the NBA draft on June 20th. The fans want RJ Barrett and RJ Barrett wants the Knicks. No reason to believe at this time that Pelicans or Grizzlies are going to deviate from their expected plans of making Zion #1 and Ja Morant #2. No reason at this time to believe that anyone is going to be able to trade up above us to scoop RJ like what has happened to us in the past.

Knicks front office continues to do "due diligence" with guys like Cam Reddish and Jarrett Culver, but I'm assuming that is only in a trade down scenario, which I think should be unlikely.

C'mon, front office, don't screw this up. RJ Barrett to the Knicks at #3.

Crazy how many are clamoring for Culver over RJ. Barrett has more assists than most PG in this draft, more rebounds than most bigs, and he set ACC record for most points for a freshman....

Culver got shut down by Hunter bc he canít create offense on his own or score against more athletic or bigger opponents, which will occur most nights in NBA.

I donít get it.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Crazy how many are clamoring for Culver over RJ. Barrett has more assists than most PG in this draft, more rebounds than most bigs, and he set ACC record for most points for a freshman....

Culver got shut down by Hunter bc he canít create offense on his own or score against more athletic or bigger opponents, which will occur most nights in NBA.

I donít get it.
    Knick Fans has to keep hoping for the Knick-Gods to get Dolan to sell the Knicks !!!
    The Dolan's front-office posse decision making on draft night will be unpredictable AGAIN .. Good? Bad? Or Crazy !!!

RJ Barrett has the potential to be a future NBA star point-forward, he showed great leadership skills when Zion were injured ..
    Culver's performance were similar to our Dotson's 2-Way performance.

Ron Artest blames himself for Knicks not drafting him:

ďHonestly, I caused that,Ē World Peace said, according to Bondy. ďBecause I was getting in trouble. I didnít show up to my first Knick tryout. I was partying the night before in New York. I was f--ked up. I had my Knicks tryout the next day. I got drunk in Westchester, in the hotel, like, ĎYo I canít make it out the bed.íĒ

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    3 weeks until the NBA draft on June 20th. The fans want RJ Barrett and RJ Barrett wants the Knicks. No reason to believe at this time that Pelicans or Grizzlies are going to deviate from their expected plans of making Zion #1 and Ja Morant #2. No reason at this time to believe that anyone is going to be able to trade up above us to scoop RJ like what has happened to us in the past.

Knicks front office continues to do "due diligence" with guys like Cam Reddish and Jarrett Culver, but I'm assuming that is only in a trade down scenario, which I think should be unlikely.

C'mon, front office, don't screw this up. RJ Barrett to the Knicks at #3.
    I'll faint if Barret is there at 3 and the Knicks don't pick him. That trade down stuff is the usual due diligence, there are rumors every year that they're going to do that. If they want AD they can trade for him after the draft using RJ as a chip if they want so a deal doesn't have to be made on draft night.

Veteran

Right on cue, just as evidence starts to point to Kyrie maybe going to Brooklyn, internet reports starting to surface that Knicks are going to go all-out after Kawhi Leonard. Fake news? Maybe. Kawhi is great, but Clippers seem to have the inside track for him.

Right on cue, just as evidence starts to point to Kyrie maybe going to Brooklyn, internet reports starting to surface that Knicks are going to go all-out after Kawhi Leonard. Fake news? Maybe. Kawhi is great, but Clippers seem to have the inside track for him.
    Makes sense. Heís best free agent with KD and has uncle or something in area... has ties and worked out here. KD and KL and AD baby!

Would be just our luck... KD stays with the Warriors and Nets sign KI and KL...

Veteran

Would be just our luck... KD stays with the Warriors and Nets sign KI and KL...
    If I had to put my money where my mouth is, Iím expecting things to go in some weird directions:

1. Kyrie to Brooklyn is starting to seem very likely

2. Kawhi should stay in Toronto, but I think he leaves and goes to the Clippers (he seems to want LA and that Lakers situation is rough)

3. I think Durant comes to the Knicks and I think maybe the 2nd star is a bit of a surprise, like maybe Kemba. I think we get these 2 guys because our front office is going to sell that they have a deal in place for AD (gutting all our hard earned assets in the process).

4. Klay stays in GS

In the end, I think we are a franchise that can completely strike out in free agency and still have optimism built around RJ, MRob, DSJ, Knox, Trier, Dotson, and the rest. We sit on our huge cap space and use it to absorb contracts to get more future 1st round picks over the next season (basically what the Hawks did). Go into the lottery again in 2020. Have a true rebuild for once.

Veteran

An interesting domino effect to note is that if Kyrie does go to Brooklyn and especially if another star joins him, that means DíAngelo Russell is available.

Russell averaged 21 points and 7 assists this season. He is only 23-years-old.

Alternatively, maybe the Nets cleared the cap space to resign Russell and pair him with Kyrie. If that is the case, good luck with that.

If Knicks canít get 2 of the big 3: KL, KD, AD, or canít pair 1 with 2 other legit signings... then just go young, absorb bad contracts for picks, and keep building it the right way.

Veteran

If Knicks canít get 2 of the big 3: KL, KD, AD, or canít pair 1 with 2 other legit signings... then just go young, absorb bad contracts for picks, and keep building it the right way.
    I do wonder if we have any plans for DeAndre Jordan. He is still only 30-years-old, just a little older than Durant, and averaged a double double last year with 13 rebounds per game. Could we feasibly sign Durant, bring back DJ, and have cap space to add another 2nd tier free agent?

Then you swing the AD trade and at least have 4 guys who can play instead of 3.

I like DJ and hopefully he would take less to stay here. Can we go over the cap to sign him, since he was a Knick last season? Or go Full MLE?

Definitely need him and with MRob, team would be set at C.

12th man

I do wonder if we have any plans for DeAndre Jordan. He is still only 30-years-old, just a little older than Durant, and averaged a double double last year with 13 rebounds per game. Could we feasibly sign Durant, bring back DJ, and have cap space to add another 2nd tier free agent?

Then you swing the AD trade and at least have 4 guys who can play instead of 3.
    I like DJ and hopefully he would take less to stay here. Can we go over the cap to sign him, since he was a Knick last season? Or go Full MLE?

Definitely need him and with MRob, team would be set at C.
    Nice discussion about the the FA possibilities for the Knicks guys. Absolutely critical for the team's credibility that they sign or trade for one of AD, KL or KD this off-season, those three are top 5 players that don't become available very often and clearing cap space to get players of their caliber is the reason you traded your franchise player. Bad enough your franchise player was so unhappy he forced his way off the team but to not be an attractive destination for one of the top FA's would be an epic failure.