Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 620212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    12th man

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nice discussion about the the FA possibilities for the Knicks guys. Absolutely critical for the team's credibility that they sign or trade for one of AD, KL or KD this off-season, those three are top 5 players that don't become available very often and clearing cap space to get players of their caliber is the reason you traded your franchise player. Bad enough your franchise player was so unhappy he forced his way off the team but to not be an attractive destination for one of the top FA's would be an epic failure.
    Fire Mills and Perry on the spot if this happens.

D6joePfUYAAzfBF.jpg

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Fire Mills and Perry on the spot if this happens.

D6joePfUYAAzfBF.jpg
    I think Kyrie to Brooklyn might happen. I do not think Durant is going to Brooklyn though. I think, if anything, the 2 of them being considered as a package deal is not what people thought it was.

Also, that’s Marc Stein again. What was it, last week, he was “blowing everyone’s mind” by saying Durant to Clippers? Dude is a fraud.

Veteran

For what it’s worth, I think we are seeing the Brooklyn PR machine in full effect trying to create an artificial hype for them just before free agency starts.

I’m reading on the internet how Brooklyn could potentially sign and trade D’Angelo Russell for AD. Umm, no. Compare that trade package with any other possible trade packages. NO wants Russell on a high salary deal with no attached draft picks instead of multiple players early in their rookie deals and multiple 1st round picks? C’mon.

Veteran

It’s funny, as it begins to seem more and more plausible that Kyrie could go to Brooklyn, a lot of the internet is negative on behalf of the Nets. A lot of fans don’t seem to want him. I totally get that.

Biggest issue seems to be that a lot of fans prefer Russell over Kyrie.

Alternatively, the idea of combining Russell and Kyrie seems crazy. They would be competing for ball control, it would lead to a diminished role for Spencer Dinwiddie (who they still owe 10 to 11 million per season over the next 2 seasons plus a 12 million player option the season after that), and a Russell/Kyrie backcourt is a bad defensive backcourt.

Only thing that makes sense is Nets think they are getting Kyrie plus someone better. Durant? Kawhi? Butler? Harris? Klay Thompson? Boogie? I mean there are possibilities, but they all seem unlikely.

Only star clubbing in Brooklyn is Kyrie. Everyone else seems unlikely to want to play for the team with the worst home attendance in the league and that was coming off a winning season.

You go to Brooklyn, you better win a championship, because otherwise you are literally going to be invisible.

I can see Brooklyn seeing Kyrie and DR as a sort of McCullum-Liliard pairing. I can see Kyrie being the type to prefer the second fiddle org, just like Kawhi with Clippers.

I think KD has Melo in him, in sense he wants challenger of MSG stage (bc he is smart enough to know what occurs if he succeeds).

I think it may be NYK that doesn’t want Kyrie as badly, and perhaps prefer AD and KL instead. Maybe even Rozier and DJ and Morris for the price of Kyrie or Kemba?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I can see Brooklyn seeing Kyrie and DR as a sort of McCullum-Liliard pairing. I can see Kyrie being the type to prefer the second fiddle org, just like Kawhi with Clippers.

I think KD has Melo in him, in sense he wants challenger of MSG stage (bc he is smart enough to know what occurs if he succeeds).

I think it may be NYK that doesn’t want Kyrie as badly, and perhaps prefer AD and KL instead. Maybe even Rozier and DJ and Morris for the price of Kyrie or Kemba?
    This is my suspicion as well, that either Durant or the Knicks have indicated that they want to pursue other #2 stars and now Kyrie wants the narrative to be that he wanted Brooklyn all along.

I kind of feel like Kyrie is the “Amare” signing of the Summer of Lebron. He is a big name, but no one’s 1st choice.

Veteran

One internet report is speculating that the Nets will sign Kyrie and are hoping that Kyrie can then convince Durant to join him on the NBA’s “littlest stage” in Brooklyn. Good luck with that Nets.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    For what it’s worth, I think we are seeing the Brooklyn PR machine in full effect trying to create an artificial hype for them just before free agency starts.

I’m reading on the internet how Brooklyn could potentially sign and trade D’Angelo Russell for AD. Umm, no. Compare that trade package with any other possible trade packages. NO wants Russell on a high salary deal with no attached draft picks instead of multiple players early in their rookie deals and multiple 1st round picks? C’mon.
    The NO Pelicans trading AD to the Nets for a sign & trade Russell plus Allen, would be an explosive trade in NY, especially if Kyrie also sign on to the Nets. that would raise the attendance in Barkley Center big-time.
    The Pelicans would have a new look of Russell and True Holiday running the back-court having rookie Zion & Allen in the paint.

The Knicks 2019 offseason are going to be just like their previous offseason when it comes to the draft and the FA market !!!
    NUTHING CHANGE with the Dolan Knicks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I kind of feel like Kyrie is the “Amare” signing of the Summer of Lebron. He is a big name, but no one’s 1st choice.
    The 2010 Amare signing may not have been a 10+Plus FA signing, but it was a 7+Plus good signing. Dum-Dum Walsh trading David Lee a couple weeks later for all of the Warriors trash players were STUPID. And Dolan falling victim to the Melo-trade (Kyrie) a few months later were Double-Stupid.
    Melo's individual foolishness stopped the trio of Allen Iverson, Kenyon Martin, and Camby from taking the Denver Nuggets to the FINALS. All three players been to the FINALS with their previous team before becoming a Denver Nuggets. Even "Last-Shot" Chauncey Billups had to call out Melo's individual foolishness in the Denver Nuggets locker-room after losing in the first round of the playoffs .. which made Melo comment on leaving the Nuggets in the offseason in NYC.
    Several of Boston players has been commenting on Kyrie individual foolishness at the end of the season, the same as the Nuggets players commented bout Carmelo Anthony after he was traded.

Veteran

Wow, Griff has really changed his tune. AD’s camp certainly set him straight about there being no chance AD plays for the Pelicans even to start this season.

Griff has gone from saying he doesn’t want to trade AD to now ESPN is reporting that they are exploring a multi team deal and Griff wants any trade that involves 2019 draft picks done “days before the 2019 draft”.

Well, the draft is June 20th. Today is June 10th. That gives a window of about 1 week to get a multi team deal done.

This situation sounds more and more like something the Knicks should avoid. We make a deal before the draft and then strike out in free agency, that is a lot of assets to drop for a 1 year rental on what will still be a bad team.

Veteran

According to ESPN, Griff wants “an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential, and 2 1st round picks”.

Looking at this last season’s All-Stars, only team that I could see having all that is Philly.

A bunch of recent All-Stars are free agents. New Orleans really wants a sign and trade? Seems silly.

A can’t even imagine a 3 team deal that gets this done. Knicks should run, not walk, away from trade negotiations here. This could end up even worse for us than the Melo trade.

RJ, Mitch and 2 first. Throw in Frank for good measure. Take it or leave it!

Good news about getting this done before free agency... if NY has AD... KD or somebody will come.

Sounds like Tatum, Brown, 4th pick gets it done.

Maybe Knicks deal 3rd pick for an all star caliber guy and flip him to NO with Mitch and picks?

Just remember... AD has reached playoffs twice in 7 years and rarely plays more than 70 games.

KL has never missed playoffs...

Anthony Davis would reportedly prefer to be traded to the Lakers or Knicks.
    Davis presented management with a list of four teams when he made his initial trade demand, but he's since narrowed his focus to the Knicks and Lakers, according to sources of Shams Charania of The Athletic. Despite not being named on his original wishlist, the Celtics have been aggressive in their pursuit of AD, and they'd be willing to trade for him even without a long-term commitment. Davis will be a free agent in 2020.

Veteran

Not news that Celtics probably have the best assets to get AD deal done, but likely are reluctant if Kyrie is leaving.

Knicks on the other hand don’t seem to have assets to get the deal done because Pelicans don’t like Knox. My hope is that this means we are holding back on offering MRob. MRob is a future star in this league.

The idea of trading RJ, MRob, 2 1st round picks, and also having to swing assets to a 3rd team to get an even better player to swing to the Pelicans, all for a guy who is a free agent in 1 year, makes me want to choke.

Veteran

Another reason to stay out of the AD trade talks? The Lakers reportedly are going to do whatever it takes to get AD because they know that they are not in contention for any major free agents and they have to get a star to pair with Lebron this season.

Let the Lakers pay the price and then pursue AD in 2020 in free agency.