Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678923 ... LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Mark Stein writing about the Knicks firing Hornacek and bringing in Mark Jackson or David Blatt. Only a rumor started by one guy but to me its not a matter of IF but when. I would part ways very soon after the season ends even before hiring anyone. Look if he was like Pop winning despite not having Kawhi all season and other key injuries Horn would deserve to stay but he isn't winning and Perry should want his own guy in his place. My choice would be JVG or Fizdale not MJ and no to Blatt imo.
    NY Rangers fired their coach the day the season ended. My guess is something similar happens to Hornacek, some NBA insider said no one could win with the guys the Knicks had but that Horn was only an OK coach, and his coaching style both in PHX and NY lacked discipline. Have to agree with this guy, Horn is a so so coach and Perry should hire someone better. Perry should see if Jay Wright might be interested in a pro job, might be a great coach for a young team like the Knicks.

Not to mention Horn wasn’t hired by Perry. Every GM wants to hire their own coach... losing 50 games back-2-back, while not getting thru to players or developing youth, sealed Jeff’s fate.

Bring in Mark Jax!

12th man

I been hearing so much fan sympathy for Jeff Hornacek .. I'm sick of it!
    We started the season losing every road game we played .. winning at home was all good but when we played outside of MSG we became consistent LOSERS!
    The previous season in 2016-17 Horn's coaching made every Knicks young core player look like a struggling-bust player.
    Coach Horn"s steady small-ball lineups for two seasons were without any type of defensive plan for stops, plus the offensive system had no consistency nor was our offensive plan a threat to any of our opponents.

The article above wants to blame the Knicks losses on the injury to KP when the Knicks were 5-15 when "Tired-KP"got injured.
    The Knicks loss the majority of their games for two seasons for having a weak big-man rotation in their SF/PF/Center front-line.
    When a team has 5 centers on their roster plus a non-defensive minded head-coach that only coach small-ball lineups (3 or 4 guard lineups) without a uptempo scheme (SSOL) nor having a transition plan to out run opponents on offense before they could set-up on defense .. that's how the majority of small-ball teams win games.

Veteran

This could be a blessing in disguise if he opts out

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    This could be a blessing in disguise if he opts out

Not a surprise coming off a very good season as a starter that he wants to secure a long term deal. Me and mafra have different opinions about him but look at his PER for this season, he's top 20 in the league and I said I would pay him 15M. I think he may get a better deal than that in FA.

Attached Images Attached Images

12th man

An update on Porzingis. Rehabbing in Spain and that strength guru who he's working with says you won't recognize him with his shirt off come the start of the season.

It has been nearly months since New York Knicks All-Star forward Kristaps Porzingis underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL that he suffered just prior to the All-Star break back in February.
    Since then, he has continued to make a steady recovery from the injury that he has decided to currently do his rehab work in Spain at this point in the Knicks’ offseason. According to Marc Berman of The New York Post, Porzingis’ performance doctor Carlon Colker has stated that the star forward is progressing quite well.
    “KP is doing great in Madrid,’’ said Carlon Colker, Porzingis’ performance doctor based in Greenwich, Conn. “His aggressive rehab is at a jaw-dropping rate. In conjunction, his body is already looking beastly. By September, he’ll be almost non-recognizable with his shirt off. We’re working on increasing his lean muscle mass and also training for a functionality and ruggedness to compliment his game.’’
    Porzingis is currently rehabbing from an injury that typically takes between nine months to a year to fully heal. The fact that he has made this type of progress at this early point with an aggressive approach to the recovery is a telling about how far he has come in this short amount of time.
    Prior to the injury, Porzingis had been putting together a promising third year in the league that has earned him the recognition of being one of the top young big men in the league. In the 2017-18 campaign, he was putting up career-best numbers averaging 22.7 points on 43.9 percent shooting from the field and 39.5 percent from beyond the arc along with 6.6 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks per contest.
    Ultimately, New York will likely take the precautionary approach with him given the significance of the injury and his importance to his future with the franchise as the cornerstone player that the team hopes to build around for the long haul.

12th man

As expected looks like Ron Baker picked up his 4.5M player option for next season. I'd expect Kanter to pick his up as well, he was top 20 in PER but I think the market is going to be cold for him this off-season. Quinn on the other hand has more options with teams being able to pay him more than the 4M he's making using the MLE, he's outplayed his current contract so I think he opts out despite him saying he'd like to remain a Knick.

Even if Kanter picks up his option, he could still be traded...

Perry, speaking on the In The Key podcast with BJ Armstrong, said he hopes to have a more specific timetable on Porzingis in September. The Latvian will be out until at least early-December, and owner James Dolan admitted in April that they have no clue when he'll return.

As for the rest of the roster, Perry admits it's going to be difficult to make too many additions this summer considering the team's current cap situation.

"Every year we'll keep our antennas up but what we're really setting ourselves up (for is) the following summer," Perry said. "Just based on when I came in here in terms of cap space availability, we're not going to be a team with a whole lot of cap space this summer."

This summer, the likes of LeBron James, Paul George, Chris Paul and Demarcus Cousins could all be free agents, depending on if James and George opt out of their current deals.

Despite not having much room to make a run at those top free agents, Perry is already planning out when the team will be able to do so.

"We'll be looking for some shorter term, maybe veteran players who can help some of our younger guys for this season and really preparing and gearing up for free agency in the summer of (2019) and (2020) where that will be our first opportunity to have the type of cap space that can hopefully make a difference in your roster and going out to get one of the top-tier free agents," Perry said.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Perry, speaking on the In The Key podcast with BJ Armstrong, said he hopes to have a more specific timetable on Porzingis in September. The Latvian will be out until at least early-December, and owner James Dolan admitted in April that they have no clue when he'll return.

As for the rest of the roster, Perry admits it's going to be difficult to make too many additions this summer considering the team's current cap situation.

"Every year we'll keep our antennas up but what we're really setting ourselves up (for is) the following summer," Perry said. "Just based on when I came in here in terms of cap space availability, we're not going to be a team with a whole lot of cap space this summer."

This summer, the likes of LeBron James, Paul George, Chris Paul and Demarcus Cousins could all be free agents, depending on if James and George opt out of their current deals.

Despite not having much room to make a run at those top free agents, Perry is already planning out when the team will be able to do so.

"We'll be looking for some shorter term, maybe veteran players who can help some of our younger guys for this season and really preparing and gearing up for free agency in the summer of (2019) and (2020) where that will be our first opportunity to have the type of cap space that can hopefully make a difference in your roster and going out to get one of the top-tier free agents," Perry said.
    Perry is as clueless as the Knicks past 5 GM .. the Knicks were 10-31 on the road in the 2017-18 season, something Perry could not explain.

12th man

Keith Smart, Jud Buechler, Pat Sullivan and Royal Ivey have been added as assistant coaches under David Fizdale, the Knicks announce.
    Howard Eisley is still with the organization but his specific role is yet to be determined. Eisley was an assistant under ex HC Jeff Hornacek.

This is what we are working with as the Knicks coaching-staff .. what u think ???

KOQ declines his option. Maybe we draft 2 players from ‘Nova manana

12th man

Nice of Quinn to make his decision before the draft, if Kanter had done the same the Knicks would be looking for a big man instead of wing help in the draft.