Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8183233343536373839404142 LastLast

Yes, I like pairing Woods with MRob. I think it’s a better fit. Harris or Bertrans or any shooter. And, yes, let’s target a lead scorer who fits in with this roster. Hire Thibs.

Hey, Knicks might be a playoff team!

“ The Knicks could break their six-season playoff drought after all in a post-coronavirus restart scenario — but it would come with an asterisk.

According to a source, one of the many plans of an NBA restart is having additional teams not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs stage a short play-in tournament in July to advance to an expanded playoff.

One instance is teams ranked nine through 12 in each conference staging a four-team single-elimination tournament. The winner of that event gets the right to play the current No. 8 seed to get the final spot inside the formal 16-team playoff.”

Lol.

Bobby Marks, ESPN’s cap guru, predicts NBA free agency this summer will “slow to a crawl” and all players with opt-outs in their contracts will choose to opt in.

That’s one economic fallout from the potentially massive salary-cap reduction because of the season’s March 11 shutdown.

If all players are forced to opt in, that means Anthony Davis returns to the Lakers for another season and will be eligible for free agency in 2021. That’s a good thing for the Knicks as Davis likely will be more amenable to moving on as LeBron James turns 37.

“I think we will go 29-for-29 on player options picked up,’’ Marks told The Post.

Marks, the former Nets capologist, penned a salary-cap thesis piece for ESPN in which he sought ideas from agents and team executives.

“If I was the Knicks I would want the cap and tax to crash,’’ Marks told The Post. “It would give them a huge advantage. They can collect the tax money and also have flexibility while few do.’’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....cap-chaos/amp/

CR won’t stop defending his buddy’s stint in NYC.... even tho it sent the org back a decade hiring the snobbish snoozer...

“Carmelo undercut him, telling [Kristaps] Porzingis not to say anything in public about how good the triangle was,’’ Rosen said. “Carmelo refused to run the triangle — which is why Phil re-signed him: There was a lot of pressure from [owner James] Dolan. But if Carmelo would’ve run the triangle, he’d be open on the weakside.

“He’d have to pass and do this and run around, but he’d ultimately have a whole side wide open — 16-17 feet away from the basket. The defense would be too far away to double. He’d have open jump shots and was one or two dribbles from the basket. He’d be a killer. He’d be Michael Jordan. He’d be unstoppable. But Melo was catch and shoot and didn’t want to do other things.’’

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/late-d...site%20buttons

That snobbish snoozer gave us KP, Frank, Dotson and many more. That Snoozer won Championship but it look like everyone that has never won a championship can find fault. I don't understand how so many so-call knowledgeable BB people that has never won or come close to a championship be smarter than the 'Snoozer'.

That to me was a great article and showed how much our Dolan, Melo, KP and fan base really know about BB lest along the Triangle. In the article it states that all of the big name players never won a championship until they ran the Triangle. That statement speaks volumes for Snoozer and shows just how much everybody else knows about how to fix the Knicks or any other team.

Didn’t the article admit Phil picked the wrong head coaches? Isn’t that one of the main jobs of a GM? Krause found Jax in Albany... who did Phil try to get as his coach? Best available or one of his guys?

Now, Kerr did turn him down.

But for anybody to blame Melo for the terrible job Walsh and Mills and Jax did... wow.

KP fell into his lap. He wanted Russell or Okafor. He drafts Cleanthony Early over Jocic.

By the end of his stay here, he couldn’t even get meeting with free agents like Andre Drummond. The supposed best triangle C in NBA. Couldn’t even get a meeting!

Jax feel asleep while scouting guys live!

Dude awoke and realized Zen philosophy doesn’t work as an exec, especially under Dolan.

He actually re-signed Melo!

So, his best accolade is that he hit on Kp. How hard is it to screw up a top 5 pick? Where was the second round gem? Took Perry all of 5 minutes to find MRob.

According to Shams: The Knicks are finalizing hiring Jazz VP of Player Personnel Walt Perrin as assistant general manager as they reshuffle front office under Leon Rose. Perrin is a well-respected executive who has worked in Jazz organization for 19 years.

John Hollinger

@johnhollinger
    Wow. Perrin is a road warrior, a fixture at every event with any even remotely relevant prospect. Good get for a Knicks team that needs to be scouring the land for young talent.

Jeremiah Jensen

@JJSportsBeat
    Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell would not be with the Utah Jazz without the work of Walt Perrin. 240 characters aren’t enough to describe how important he has been to the Jazz. I’m selfishly sad he’s leaving us but he’s earned this opportunity.

Chris Iseman

@ChrisIseman
    Walt Perrin was the Pistons' director of college scouting when Scott Perry joined Detroit's front office in 2000. So there was some overlap there. Perrin left in 2001 for the Jazz.

SLC Dunk

@slcdunk
    During his time as VP of Player Personnel, Utah drafted Deron Williams, Paul Millsap, Rudy Gobert, and Donovan Mitchell.

Utah found sleepers like Joe Ingles, Wes Matthews, and Royce O’Neale.

12th man

Rose with another potential hire to revamp the front office. Rumored hiring of Thunder scout Frank Zanin as asst GM of pro personnel to complement Perrin's hire as asst GM of amateur personnel. Different org chart than traditional NBA teams that have one asst GM with different lines of reporting for scouting depts and no one specifically designated to evaluate pro players.

These guys have street cred having worked for successful teams like the Thunder and Jazz.mI like this concept for breaking the typical NBA org chart and if these guys have an eye for talent and chemistry it has potential. Now we need Rose to recruit Giannis.

12th man

Stefan Bondy
    @SBondyNYDN

Nothing official but multiple sources have said Knicks front office members Craig Robinson, Gerald Madkins and Harold Ellis will not be retained.

Nobody disagree that Phil pick the wrong head coaches. Yes it is his job. Krause hired Doug Collin if I remember correctly but you go check.

Phil scouted KP and knew what they were getting in a player. So he just didn't fall into his lap. Early was a 2nd pick as was Jocic and nobody saw being very good. If so 30some other pick over Jocic.

So what if he could get Drummond. The triangle is built around PG, SF and SG not the center.

Ok, Jax feel aslee while scouting. The hiring of C.Gaines covers all the bases for Phil evaluating talent. That was Gaines job.

Zen philosophy doesn't work as an exec. Seriously... Did he get enough time to make it work? Again, how many championship has any of the foremention won? NONE!!

Yes, he did sign Melo, Big Mistake. But he finally realize it and tried to do something about it. Unlike the current management who drafted RJ at #3.

"How hard is it to screw up a top 5 pick"? Seriously... You been HYPING a #3 pick all year that was a screw mistake. We go an average BB player at #3 that isn't transformative like KP. One of those player you said Phil wanted Okafor is a screw up. Guess where he from?
    *Dotson is a pretty good gem for a 2nd round pick. Is that good enough.
    * Perry didn't pick MRob!! I have told you that numerous time. This was a C. Gaines pick, period. If you think not then answer one question.... Why was Gaines kept on until after the draft? Perry didn't take all of his advice because that dump bunny didn't trade back like Gaines suggested with the Clippers(two 1st rounders).

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Stefan Bondy
    @SBondyNYDN

Nothing official but multiple sources have said Knicks front office members Craig Robinson, Gerald Madkins and Harold Ellis will not be retained.
    This would be a good sign that something positive is happening. Maybe Rose see that this group doesn't know talent like I have bee saying for years.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    This would be a good sign that something positive is happening. Maybe Rose see that this group doesn't know talent like I have bee saying for years.
    I'm not going to be critical when Rose didn't let Scott Perry go when I thought he should be. Guess Rose interactions with Scott Perry were positive and Mills bore the blame for the Knicks fiasco and Rose is at least starting the reorganization that is sorely needed by getting rid of some from the Mills regime. Mafra was saying he thought the Knicks would continue to build around young players and their drafts but Rose was brought in to land the big star FAs and that's a model that's worked to win in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I'm not going to be critical when Rose didn't let Scott Perry go when I thought he should be. Guess Rose interactions with Scott Perry were positive and Mills bore the blame for the Knicks fiasco and Rose is at least starting the reorganization that is sorely needed by getting rid of some from the Mills regime. Mafra was saying he thought the Knicks would continue to build around young players and their drafts but Rose was brought in to land the big star FAs and that's a model that's worked to win in the NBA.
    The moment he was contacted about taking the President job. Rose should have been looking to get rid of Perry. If he was following the team and what has happen over the last two years. He would have seen incompetent at a high level(ex. Tanking in the wrong year when tanking was discourage by the league).

Agreed with building the team with young talent. It just have to be the right talent for the pick. As for Rose landing a big star in FA. I'm not fan of getting someone else stars and bring them in. This statement is a problem for me "That's a model that worked to win in the NBA". You didn't say it. Never any mention of winning a championship!!! Why?? It look like if we win Everybody will be satisfied with just that. I WANT!!

At least Rose is putting together an all star team of proven execs who have already excelled at the job we will ask them to fill
    That inspires confidence.

I imagine Plan A is to flip asses for a franchise star. Easier said than done. I don’t think Rose jumps at the first available. At least I hope not. Identify what you want... then go get it. And, if that’s not possible, build thru the draft.

Not sure of an all-star team of proven exec's. The one question that I'm always saying is "Where is the BB person". Getting one that know talent unlike Mills and definitely Perry because anybody that will draft Super Mario and RJ is as incompetent as they come.

Plan A?? Why would you flip asses for a franchise star? If you had a problem with Phil needing money what all of those who don't give a damn about the Knicks. Just build the team from within and maybe down the road sign someone under the right circumstances. What's Plan B??

Rose didn't fire Perry and that still a problem for me. Maybe you other guys are ok with it but not me. I don't want Perry making any decision concerning the draft. I want him GONE!! With C. Robinson and gang. They screw up last two draft with their inability to see what was best was to trade back.