Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 152539404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Seeing those photos out of camp of Thibs and Woodson wearing masks and working with RJ and some of those other guys is almost hard to believe itís really happening.

Don't get your hopes up. He'll grind them down, cash his check and leave. Nothing is going to change if the franchise culture does not change and nothing will be different as long as Dolan owns the team. We got our hopes up about so many things in the past.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

12th man

Knicks seem really serious about obtaining CP3, rumors are the offer will involve JR and KK. I hope I'm wrong about this but reading between the lines will the Knicks offer draft choices to OKC rather than receiving them to get CP3.

I hope this is a leak from OKC to drive up price on MIL.... No thank you!

If itís Randle swap or we get picks or a player... fine... otherwise, the only logical explanation is bc you are convinced CP3 will aid in the development of the kids.

RJ doesnít make first or second team All NBA.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Knicks seem really serious about obtaining CP3, rumors are the offer will involve JR and KK. I hope I'm wrong about this but reading between the lines will the Knicks offer draft choices to OKC rather than receiving them to get CP3.
    Rumor is Knicks willing to trade their 2021 Dallas 1st rd pick and the 2nd round pick obtained from CHA for CP3. Those picks will probably be in 20-40 range, he's a 1st ballot HOF but at the tail end of his career so is he really worth trading even middling draft picks for.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Rumor is Knicks willing to trade their 2021 Dallas 1st rd pick and the 2nd round pick obtained from CHA for CP3. Those picks will probably be in 20-40 range, he's a 1st ballot HOF but at the tail end of his career so is he really worth trading even middling draft picks for.
    No question Chris Paul is a great player. But man, CP3 has missed a lot of games the last few seasons. This seems like an unnecessary risk.

Hard to believe much of the rumors but then again the aggregate of them in total may make sense...

You know, on the surface and based on the last 3 decades of our drafting philosophy, itís certainly not improbable we could flip a package of assets for an aged, off-kilter, or injured almost-star type player, and while doing so pay a premium price for an inflated commodity we buy high on...

Bring in Paul and Melo and sell nostalgia and barely above mediocrity for 2 seasons while you rebuild and restock. Vets school young kids or you stink and get better picks? What else could be the thinking?

Now, if Rose believes most of our previous lottery kids are garbage, and this draft is weak, it makes total sense to push it all in the middle of the table and walk away with 2-3 players of your liking.

Such a NYK tactic. I wonder where it leads?

Veteran

I could appreciate the irony in bringing in Melo and CP3 in 2020. Amare still playing in Israel. Maybe get him too and fulfill that wedding toast a decade late.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Hard to believe much of the rumors but then again the aggregate of them in total may make sense...

You know, on the surface and based on the last 3 decades of our drafting philosophy, itís certainly not improbable we could flip a package of assets for an aged, off-kilter, or injured almost-star type player, and while doing so pay a premium price for an inflated commodity we buy high on...

Bring in Paul and Melo and sell nostalgia and barely above mediocrity for 2 seasons while you rebuild and restock. Vets school young kids or you stink and get better picks? What else could be the thinking?

Now, if Rose believes most of our previous lottery kids are garbage, and this draft is weak, it makes total sense to push it all in the middle of the table and walk away with 2-3 players of your liking.

Such a NYK tactic. I wonder where it leads?

Mills & Perry should've went head first into grabbing Chris Paul during the 2019 offseason when the Rockets put CP3 on the trade table.
    The HOF coach/player super-star Chris Paul would have saved all those BUMS (mismanagement/coaches) jobs if the Knicks would've traded for CP3 in the 2019 offseason.
    Going after CP3 now after having a great season mentoring the OKC youth-core to play .500 b.ball, plus go 7 games vs the Rockets in the postseason games. OKC ownwer, president, GM, and head-coach know their winning season came from CP3.

And the Knicks will never win having a LOSER Melo on the roster or in NY !!!

Knicks point guard Dennis Smith Jr. is changing his jersey number ó and perhaps his fortunes.

Smith will return to the No. 4 he wore at North Carolina State, according to an NBA source.

The 22-year-old point guard from Fayetteville, N.C., had been wearing jersey No. 5 since he got traded from Dallas to the Knicks in the Kristaps Porzingis deal, in January 2019.

It will be Smithís third different number in the league. After being drafted ninth by Dallas in 2017, Smith wore No. 1 with the Mavericks. But after the trade to the Knicks, he deferred to Emmanuel Mudiay. Because Mudiay wore No. 1, Smith switched to 5.

Smithís college No. 4 was also taken by UNC rival no less, forward Isaiah Hicks. Neither Hicks nor Mudiay is still with the Knicks.

After a strong start in New York in his first partial season, Smith slumped badly this past year, wracked by an array of injuries and the early-season death of his stepmother. He also was on the trading block.

However, Smith is believed to have a fan in new head coach Tom Thibodeau, who was high on Smith when he came out of N.C. State, according to SNY. Smith has been working with Thibodeau during the OTAs the past two weeks.

Smith was a one-and-doner at N.C. State, with some draftniks forecasting he had the driving explosiveness of Russell Westbrook.

Thibodeauís aim will be to improve Smithís defense and decision-making as a point guard. Smith played in just 34 games in 2019-20, averaging just 5.5 points and 2.9 assists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....er-change/amp/

Veteran

If Thibodeau is a fan of DSJ, than that is going to make a huge difference in what we see this coming season. I envisioned DSJ getting sent packing, but now, he could be a regular rotation player.

I have never liked DSJ, but the coaching we have now is so vastly superior to what we had the last couple seasons, maybe thereís hope.

Veteran

Thibodeau said that more coaches will be added to his staff. I wonder who else they are targeting. My understanding is that Mike Miller was not coming back.

MIA 1 game from NBA Finals.... this would be 6 for Riley since he faxed Dolan his resignation?

6 to 1 in the 25 years since the kid from
    Rome, NY bolted MSG for Miami Beach...

More than that, while NYK a dysfunctional mess for 2 decades, with 1 lousy playoff series win in 20 years... the Heat are a model of stability:

ESPN

ď
    There's a loyalty within the Heat's culture that is rare in the NBA.

"Everyone thinks, 'Oh, it's so militaristic and hard-nosed,'" Heat big man Meyers Leonard said. "No, the Heat just want a level of professionalism. ... But truly, at heart it's loyal, caring people."

From owner Micky Arison, to Riley, to Spoelstra, to the players, to the staff members who have been with the franchise for decades, there's a familial quality to the Heat. It has been honed over the years through expectations of hard work and discipline.

But it's not always for everyone.

"We are who we are," Spoelstra said after a Game 3 win over the favored Milwaukee Bucks in the Eastern Conference semifinals. "Some years we're a punch line, some years people say it's the wrong culture, but who cares? We're not making apologies for it."

Veteran

I could be mistaken, but didnít the Heat give Pat Riley a 10% ownership of the team? Thatís worth like 200 million dollars today.

Itís a damn shame that Riley left the Knicks all those years ago, but the story that Iíve always heard is he wanted a 25% ownership of the Knicks in addition to a 50 million dollar contract.

25% of the Knicks would be worth over a billion dollars today. Even if they had gotten him down to 10%, thatís still worth like 500 million dollars today. Anyone here really think Riley was being reasonable in his demands from Dolan?

12th man

No better an example of the Miami family and loyalty than Udonis Haslem who since the 2016-17 season has logged a total of 298 mins in 43 games. How many teams would be carrying him for those contributions. He's considering retiring but my bet if he decides to play another season Riley will let him.