Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

mafra

Legend
I just hope this is all an open competition, and the players most deserving earn their minutes.

I want established roles and a fixed rotation.

I don?t want another Fizdale experimentation.

If Knox, Frank and DSJ want minutes then they better earn it in practice.

At the same time, Thibs needs to be honest with this roster and make this an open competition... nice to have ?vets? show the kids the ropes but not if you are punitive with the youth development... be more nurturing!

If DSJ and Frank can?t take minutes away from Burks and Rivers, if Knox let?s MKG take his minutes... shame on them.

mafra

Legend
We signed the KU Wildcat whisperer hoping to lure KAT and Booker... instead we get MKG and Noel.

These signings remind me a lot of Vonleh, Portis, Morris, Burks, Ellington, Herz...

Rolling dice on youngish lottery busts and hoping for something.

We shall see what happens, but it seems like every regime repeats the same gameplay, just that they feel their paradigm will be different bc they are brining in their guys.

But, in the absence of luring top free agents or renting cap space for assets, this is the cheapest route for teams looking to punt a season.

We?ve punted a lot the last few years.

I read that we now have 17 guys competing for 15 roster spots. I?m reserving judgment until I see which 2 guys don?t make the cut. Brazdeikis and Evans seem like the most likely 2. It would be a shame to not see more of Brazdeikis.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, I think we maxed out and have 20 coming to camp.

Pinson, Harper, Spellman, MKG, Evans, And Braz certainly have an uphill climb.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, I think we maxed out and have 20 coming to camp.

Pinson, Harper, Spellman, MKG, Evans, And Braz certainly have an uphill climb.

Training camp starts Tuesday where we usually start with a roster thats above the 15 player limit and gets whittled down at the end. I agree these are the most likely guys to get cut from the final roster.

mafra

Legend
Here?s another lottery pick, with a solid debut.

DURHAM, N.C. -- ? Freshman Jalen Johnson had 19 points, 19 rebounds and four blocks to help No. 9 Duke overcome a turnover-filled performance and beat Coppin State 81-71 in Saturday's delayed season opener for both teams.

The 6-foot-9 Johnson made all eight of his shots from the field, including a 3-pointer, and both of his free throws while also tallying five assists. Fellow rookie DJ Steward scored 24 points for the Blue Devils, including a key 3-pointer with 2:02 left that helped keep Duke in control during an unexpectedly tight finish.

mafra

Legend
I?m reading articles today that state Rose?s
Plan-A was to trade for Paul and sign Melo. But with Covid-19, CP3 didn?t want to come here without fans at MSG (as he said, he wanted the full NYK experience).

And, it appears he laid out this vision to Dolan, and instead of bursting out laughing and sayin, ?Next!?... idiot Dolan actually hired him.

If Leon Rose would?ve mortgage future and dealt away assets and picks for a 35 year old PG, whose value was overrated bc the old man performed well during 4 weeks of a bubble... then backed that up with Melo... forcing us fans to watch a 31 win team feed the ball the a couple almost 40 year-olds.

If that happened I would have officially ended my 40 year love affair with NYK. And, to tell the truth, this does not give me confidence in Rose.

1- He has no vision.
2- He couldn?t even make it happen

We may build something here in spite of Leon Rose... but this is shocking and alarming if it?s even 3% true.