Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4243448495051525354
    Veteran

Knicks sign Michael Kidd Gilchrist to 1 year Exhibit 10 deal. If anything, he can play the defense that the rest of our roster doesnít play. This makes me wonder how many days until a trade. Our signings seem very much in line with some kind of roster shake up via trade.

Another Kentucky player...

Another CAA client...

Another Power Forward...

A local kid...

Heís still only 27...

He can be waived so itís not much of a commitment, but something has to give? Randall trade?

Or, is this just more competition?

Again, his minutes would come at the expense of Obi, Mitch, Knox...

Frank
    MKG
    Mitch

The defensive trio?

ďAn Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum salary NBA contract with a specific Exhibit 10 attachment built into it and no other bonuses. These attachments are not present in every NBA contract, only deals in which both parties have agreed to include it.

Exhibit 10 attachments allow the NBA team to convert a playerís one-year, minimum contract into a two-way contract but this has to occur prior to the start of the regular season.

These one-year deals are often non-guaranteed, which lets NBA teams waive the player and remove their cap hit from the team payroll.

Exhibit 10 attachments allow players to earn a bonus of $5,000 to $50,000 in the event that they are waived by the NBA team, then sign a deal with that franchiseís G League affiliate and remain with that affiliate team for 60 days.

This bonus $5,000 Ė $50,000, which does not count against the NBA salary cap, is in addition to the G League salary the player would also collect in this particular scenario. If a playerís Exhibit 10 contract is converted to a two-way deal, the Exhibit 10 bonus converts to guaranteed salary.Ē

12th man

Mike Vorkunov of The Athleticís Knicks rotation this season. Itís not going to win many games and I would have preferred not to have signed guys like Burks, Rivers and Noel and instead given their minutes to Nits, Knox, DSJ etc to develop and prove themselves instead they become mainly bench warmers.

Knicks Projected Rotation

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Knicks sign Michael Kidd Gilchrist to 1 year Exhibit 10 deal. If anything, he can play the defense that the rest of our roster doesn’t play. This makes me wonder how many days until a trade. Our signings seem very much in line with some kind of roster shake up via trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    “An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum salary NBA contract with a specific Exhibit 10 attachment built into it and no other bonuses. These attachments are not present in every NBA contract, only deals in which both parties have agreed to include it.

Exhibit 10 attachments allow the NBA team to convert a player’s one-year, minimum contract into a two-way contract but this has to occur prior to the start of the regular season.

These one-year deals are often non-guaranteed, which lets NBA teams waive the player and remove their cap hit from the team payroll.

Exhibit 10 attachments allow players to earn a bonus of $5,000 to $50,000 in the event that they are waived by the NBA team, then sign a deal with that franchise’s G League affiliate and remain with that affiliate team for 60 days.

This bonus $5,000 – $50,000, which does not count against the NBA salary cap, is in addition to the G League salary the player would also collect in this particular scenario. If a player’s Exhibit 10 contract is converted to a two-way deal, the Exhibit 10 bonus converts to guaranteed salary.”
    That’s the type of contract you give out to a guy coming off a serious injury trying to make a comeback not to an 8 yr vet and established NBA player. Another guy potentially cutting into playing time of our younger players, we now phave a bloated roster and have to start trimming it.

I just hope this is all an open competition, and the players most deserving earn their minutes.

I want established roles and a fixed rotation.

I donít want another Fizdale experimentation.

If Knox, Frank and DSJ want minutes then they better earn it in practice.

At the same time, Thibs needs to be honest with this roster and make this an open competition... nice to have ďvetsĒ show the kids the ropes but not if you are punitive with the youth development... be more nurturing!

If DSJ and Frank canít take minutes away from Burks and Rivers, if Knox letís MKG take his minutes... shame on them.

We signed the KU Wildcat whisperer hoping to lure KAT and Booker... instead we get MKG and Noel.

These signings remind me a lot of Vonleh, Portis, Morris, Burks, Ellington, Herz...

Rolling dice on youngish lottery busts and hoping for something.

We shall see what happens, but it seems like every regime repeats the same gameplay, just that they feel their paradigm will be different bc they are brining in their guys.

But, in the absence of luring top free agents or renting cap space for assets, this is the cheapest route for teams looking to punt a season.

Weíve punted a lot the last few years.

Veteran

I read that we now have 17 guys competing for 15 roster spots. Iím reserving judgment until I see which 2 guys donít make the cut. Brazdeikis and Evans seem like the most likely 2. It would be a shame to not see more of Brazdeikis.

Yeah, I think we maxed out and have 20 coming to camp.

Pinson, Harper, Spellman, MKG, Evans, And Braz certainly have an uphill climb.

I believe it will help Obi and RJ to have to practice against a defensive presence like MKG.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Yeah, I think we maxed out and have 20 coming to camp.

Pinson, Harper, Spellman, MKG, Evans, And Braz certainly have an uphill climb.
    Training camp starts Tuesday where we usually start with a roster thats above the 15 player limit and gets whittled down at the end. I agree these are the most likely guys to get cut from the final roster.

Hereís another lottery pick, with a solid debut.

DURHAM, N.C. -- ó Freshman Jalen Johnson had 19 points, 19 rebounds and four blocks to help No. 9 Duke overcome a turnover-filled performance and beat Coppin State 81-71 in Saturday's delayed season opener for both teams.

The 6-foot-9 Johnson made all eight of his shots from the field, including a 3-pointer, and both of his free throws while also tallying five assists. Fellow rookie DJ Steward scored 24 points for the Blue Devils, including a key 3-pointer with 2:02 left that helped keep Duke in control during an unexpectedly tight finish.

Iím reading articles today that state Roseís
    Plan-A was to trade for Paul and sign Melo. But with Covid-19, CP3 didnít want to come here without fans at MSG (as he said, he wanted the full NYK experience).

And, it appears he laid out this vision to Dolan, and instead of bursting out laughing and sayin, ďNext!Ē... idiot Dolan actually hired him.

If Leon Rose wouldíve mortgage future and dealt away assets and picks for a 35 year old PG, whose value was overrated bc the old man performed well during 4 weeks of a bubble... then backed that up with Melo... forcing us fans to watch a 31 win team feed the ball the a couple almost 40 year-olds.

If that happened I would have officially ended my 40 year love affair with NYK. And, to tell the truth, this does not give me confidence in Rose.

1- He has no vision.
    2- He couldnít even make it happen

We may build something here in spite of Leon Rose... but this is shocking and alarming if itís even 3% true.