Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011122636 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    but we still have 'opie' ... (ron baker) - i ain't sold on this new regime... it looks/smells/acts like the old one...
    This is definitely a bogus move, no way to talk around it

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    It’s 100k vs the field most likely and the fact this is the second time he’s been waived during a Fiz watch. He was waived in Memphis too.

I will monitor Fiz’s personal vendettas from here on out because he has a track record. In T-Roy’s case this is kind of Busch League when you think about it, the kid played hard and had a purposeful use as you aptly pointed out
    This is definitely a bogus move, no way to talk around it
    I got a feeling he goes back to Houston. They could use a minimum type player that knows their system after losing 2 defenders in Ariza and Mbah-a-Moute, if he signs with them Troy might have gotten feelers from Morey in Vegas and he might have asked to be let out of his contract with the Knicks. Otherwise a bogus move for sure, he looked better than Hicks, Dotson and busted his butt playing all 5 games unlike Nits, Kornet.

NBA Insider: 'Very accomplished' third player plotting to join Kyrie Irving & Jimmy Butler in 2019

Irving and Butler are expected to be two of the prizes of the 2019 free agent class

By Danny Abriano | 3:15PM

Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler could be among the star-studded NBA free agent class of 2019, and a Bulls Insider says a "very accomplished" player is plotting to join them wherever they end up.

On the Bulls Talk Podcast, Mark Schanowski discussed 2019 before Vincent Goodwill interjected.

"The top guys have already been talking with their friends around the league," Schanowski said. "I'm sure Kawhi (Leonard) has already talked to LeBron (James) -- their plan to reunite or get together in Los Angeles in 2019. Klay Thompson will be a free agent in 2019. Most likely he's gonna stay right where he is with that dynasty out with the Warriors. And then you look at Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler talking about getting together somewhere. That could be with the Knicks or Nets."

It was then that Goodwill jumped in...

"There's a third guy that I can't mention, but yeah," Goodwill said about another 2019 free agent joining Irving and Butler. "I can't tell you (who) but I can tell you it's a very accomplished NBA player. Very accomplished."

The label "accomplished player" is a bit vague, and it's not known whether it's a current star or a player who might cost far less. Fitting two max players and another star under any team's salary cap would be tricky.

Most of the big name free agents expected to hit the market in 2019 are already on the Knicks' radar, with them reportedly planning to target Kevin Durant above all else.

The Knicks will have room for one max player and could have room for two -- especially if they clear Joakim Noah's salary.

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/nba-i...2019/286433956

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I got a feeling he goes back to Houston. They could use a minimum type player that knows their system after losing 2 defenders in Ariza and Mbah-a-Moute, if he signs with them Troy might have gotten feelers from Morey in Vegas and he might have asked to be let out of his contract with the Knicks. Otherwise a bogus move for sure, he looked better than Hicks, Dotson and busted his butt playing all 5 games unlike Nits, Kornet.
    WOW! After watching the Knicks summer league lineups of Troy/Knox/and our big-Draft-steal (PF) Mr. Mitchell Robinson ..
    I had to put Troy Williams summer performance into next-season 10-man rotation along with rookies Knox and Mitchell too.
    Troy Williams energy-defense off the bench as our backup SF is a Knicks Need, plus would've made a great piece off the bench for next season rotation.

Not keeping Troy Williams could only mean we will see a lot of Lance Thomas and Courtney Lee in coach Fizdale regular season rotation, plus watch guard Timmy pushed to defend opponents SF on the defensive-end for 30 minutes a night SMH !!!

Veteran

New Chapter Begins For Ole Franky

12th man

New Chapter Begins For Ole Franky

How do you have a New York Daily news paper without having Frank Isola sports column ???

12th man

Real shame a NYC institution the Daily News who at one time in the 1940's had the highest circulation of any NYC newspaper of 2.4M papers laid off half of its staff today including Frank Isola. It wasn't a fun place to work with Isola saying he was only in the office a few times in the past year after his associates told him the office was a depressing place to be and told him to stay away. The new owner made expected staff reductions in an effort to slash costs due to falling ad revenues and readership in the dying traditional journalism business.

From pamphlets to blogs... too bad they won’t fire Lupica.

12th man

Trey is a DJ Augustin, Ish Smith caliber PG. Borderline starter/backup PG player but may be the best PG the Knicks have, should be a battle seeing who becomes the starter but if Fiz wants to play fast, Trey is best suited for that.

Veteran

We finally got the right Noah...lol

12th man

Maybe the other Noah has seen his last game as a Knick, they need a roster spot having let go of TW to get down to 15 plus 2 2 way contracts.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Maybe the other Noah has seen his last game as a Knick, they need a roster spot having let go of TW to get down to 15 plus 2 2 way contracts.
    Yeah somebody is getting moved/waived it's not hard to figure that at this point. Solid pickup though. Another former lottery pick on the roster, I bet he gives what O'Quinn gave if given the minutes. See it's not hard to rebuild when you commit to doing it

12th man

Vonleh makes 9 lottery picks on the Knicks roster. I said Perry should get as many lottery tickets as he could and it was like panning for gold look in the right places and look at enough guys and you have to strike gold eventually. Vonleh will be an off the bench guy and not much more after 4 years in the league but he'll get you some rebounds and block some shots. Would have preferred Quinn for his play on both sides of the ball, in particular I'll miss his passing.

Enes Kanter is dreaming big — which, for the Knicks, means dreaming long range.

The Knicks’ 6-foot-11 center said Monday that he believes his sad-sack team has a “really, really high chance’’ of signing both Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler when the pair of free-agents-to-be hit the market in 2019.

Asked by Fox Sports 1’s Colin Cowherd whether the two superstars have genuine interest in coming to New York next season, Kanter said: “Yes. And the Knicks have a really, really high chance to get them next offseason. I believe that and I promise I think they will.”

While Kanter’s words were pure speculation, the pieces could fall into place for the Knicks to hit it big in the 2019 free-agent market.