Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,401
    Rep Power
    10

    Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers 10:30 3/2/2018 [Game #63]





    (24-38) -- (32-28)

    Venue TV TIME
    Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA MSG 10:30 PM EST


    Probable starters:












    Injury Report

    New York Knicks Los Angeles Clippers
    Ron Baker - Right Shoulder Injury (OUT) Tyrone Wallace - Personal reasons (PROB)
    Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT) Danilo Gallinari - Right hand contusion (OUT)
    Joakim Noah - Personal Reason (NWT) Avery Bradley - Groin (OUT)
    - Jawun Evans - Lower abdominal ailment (OUT)
    - Patrick Beverley - Knee injury (OUT)

    Game Preview

    LOS ANGELES -- As the New York Knicks take their struggles to Hollywood on Friday night, the Los Angeles Clippers are only happy to play host.

    With the Clippers fighting to stay into playoff contention in the Western Conference, the prospect of playing a team with one victory in its last 11 games is appealing. It is especially welcome after L.A. fell to the NBA's top team, the Houston Rockets, at home Wednesday.

    The Knicks have shown nothing of late to strike fear into the Clippers. New York gave up 125 points in a loss at Golden State on Monday and 121 in a loss to the Boston Celtics on Saturday.

    The Clippers, meanwhile, have gone full throttle on offense lately, although they had their issues scoring against the Rockets in a 105-92 loss. In the four games before that, though, the Clippers scored 126.5 points per game, with matchups against the Warriors and Celtics in that run.

    The loss to the Rockets, though, did drop the Clippers out of the No. 8 and final playoff spot in the Western Conference with 22 games remaining.

    At least the Clippers still have something to play for, even without Blake Griffin, who was traded to the Detroit Pistons.

    The Knicks have 20 games remaining and losing them all would seem to be in their best interest in order to improve their draft prospects.

    But guard Tim Hardaway Jr. was having none of the "tanking" talk as Friday's game in Los Angeles approached.

    "The last 20 games, we have to go all out," Hardaway said, according to the New York Daily News. "If people think we're going to tank and just give up games and stuff like that, they're rooting for the wrong team. We're not built that way. We're not losers. And we don't look at that as a way of just summing up our season.

    "We're ballplayers. We have confidence in ourselves and if people want to doubt us than they can go cheer for somebody else."

    The Knicks' fortunes seemed to turn when Hardaway suffered a leg injury in November. He hasn't been able to slow the mounting defeats, with the loss of Kristaps Porzingis in early February the biggest blow.

    The Clippers have known all about injuries in a bad-luck season and are still dealing with it, even while barely keeping their head above water.

    Starting guard Avery Bradley is out with a groin injury, and starting forward Danilo Gallinari has been day to day with a hand bruise. Guard Tyrone Wallace (personal reasons) is day to day, and guard Jwaun Evans has been out for a month with an abdomen issue.

    And yet the Clippers sit a half game out of a playoff spot and just 2 1/2 games from the fifth spot in the division. The fourth-place San Antonio Spurs are just three games ahead of the Clippers, but L.A. would have to jump four teams to move up that far.

    "I think as a player, obviously, you have to control what you can control," Clippers forward Tobias Harris said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "That's how we play, and a lot of it's going to come down to us handling our business and taking care of what we need to take care of."

    On Friday, all the Clippers need to focus on is the Knicks.

    (CBSSports / STATS)

    FYI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,032
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Thanks again, Rady.

    If I understand things correctly, Noah is now unlikely to be bought out or released now that we have passed the March 1st deadline to sign with another team and play in the playoffs. Glad to see we’re not making a bad financial move in a lost season.

  3. #3
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,898
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Nice Game-Thread Rady .... The Clippers has been .500 team without CP3 n Griffin plus Clippers had a extra load of injuries throughout the season .. Headcoach Doc Rivers winning style of coaching has the Clippers a win streak away from being a 5th seed team having 22 games remaining.

    Clippers play big-ball giving Center Deandre Jordan help on both sides of the paint having 2 double-double forward in PF Harrell SF Harris.
    Lou Williams is having a all star season at the guard spot .. Teodosic has been developing well under Docs coaching staff.

    Knicks coach Hornacek ....???

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    Thanks again, Rady.

    Glad to see we’re not making a bad financial move in a lost season.
    the 'bad' financial move was made when we signed him... now the question is .. how do we get out of this situation...

  5. #5
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,727
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Nice Game-Thread Rady .... The Clippers has been .500 team without CP3 n Griffin plus Clippers had a extra load of injuries throughout the season .. Headcoach Doc Rivers winning style of coaching has the Clippers a win streak away from being a 5th seed team having 22 games remaining.

    Clippers play big-ball giving Center Deandre Jordan help on both sides of the paint having 2 double-double forward in PF Harrell SF Harris.
    Lou Williams is having a all star season at the guard spot .. Teodosic has been developing well under Docs coaching staff.

    Knicks coach Hornacek ....???
    Clips have had every reason to go full tank this season losing 2 star players along with all their injuries but have remained competitive unlike the Knicks. I know the tank is pretty strong at this point for them but I'm with Timmy and others that if they can win some games with the kids esp that backcourt of Mudiay and Nits they should, setting the tone and a starting 5 for next season is just as important as moving up a notch or 2 in the draft. Go Knicks

  6. #6
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,898
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Clips have had every reason to go full tank this season losing 2 star players along with all their injuries but have remained competitive unlike the Knicks. I know the tank is pretty strong at this point for them but I'm with Timmy and others that if they can win some games with the kids esp that backcourt of Mudiay and Nits they should, setting the tone and a starting 5 for next season is just as important as moving up a notch or 2 in the draft. Go Knicks
    We can not believe a word Tim Hardaway say .. especially after Tim's February 17% fg shooting performance of pure tanking. The last time Tim had a consistent BUM performance like the one he had throughout February we traded him to Atlanta Hawks.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,339
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    If a tree fell in the woods with no one around, does it make a sound?

  8. #8
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,727
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I was listening to a Locked on Knicks podcast and they were discussing Frank who they were saying should be starting at PG because he's the future at the position for the Knicks, not Mudiay, not Trey. On the other hand Don Maclean who does an excellent job of player analysis says the Knicks reached selecting him at 8 because French League stats don't count. Knicks fans are going to have to wait to see who is right about the kid.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,339
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Well we already know Frank was a reach at 7...look at Franks’ contemporaries DSJR and DM...the stench of Pjax haunts us...set the Knicks back 5-10 years with bad contracts and drAft picks

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,747
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I was listening to a Locked on Knicks podcast and they were discussing Frank who they were saying should be starting at PG because he's the future at the position for the Knicks, not Mudiay, not Trey. On the other hand Don Maclean who does an excellent job of player analysis says the Knicks reached selecting him at 8 because French League stats don't count. Knicks fans are going to have to wait to see who is right about the kid.
    Listening to the Clippers telecast too and heard the same. Disappointed not seeing them on the court at the same time. It's so frustrating because I think they may complement each other if given the chance. Sick of seeing Beasley and Thomas

  11. #11
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,727
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Knicks up 60-57 at the half. CLee who started came to play 4-6 and 3 3s. Nits only played 7 mins off the bench, what happened to his minutes? I liked what I saw from Troy, hit a 3 and knocked Montrel to the floor on a steal and he wasn't called for a foul.

  12. #12
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,727
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Looks like the usual 3d qtr collapse, 10-0 run by the Clips.

  13. #13
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,727
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Mudiay looks awful tonight. Nits is back in for him with 6 mins left in the 3d, let him go the rest of the way along with Trey.

  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,898
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Knicks up 60-57 at the half. CLee who started came to play 4-6 and 3 3s. Nits only played 7 mins off the bench, what happened to his minutes? I liked what I saw from Troy, hit a 3 and knocked Montrel to the floor on a steal and he wasn't called for a foul.

    Jeff Hornacek said at #Knicks shootaround that while it's Steve Mills' and Scott Perry's decision, he believes Troy Williams earned another contract. "I will say he’s played well for us. It’s that activity. His athleticism. I think length, he covers ground.

  15. #15
    Veteran tiger0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,727
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    35-18 qtr. Clips up 92-78.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2018, 23:21
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2017, 13:59
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2017, 06:50
  4. Replies: 66
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2017, 07:44
  5. Replies: 60
    Last Post: Feb 17, 2009, 12:10

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •