Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    The boys have come back from 19 down, 97-97 with 33 secs left. Horns instinct to win made him out in some real NBA players to try to pull this one out. Not sure if this is the end of the lets play the kids experiment, he looked like he wanted to put in Jack for Mudiay all game.
    lol I went to watching the Oscars figuring this was a wrap and lo and behold they made a game of it. Start/Play the vets more and limit the kids if winning means that much at this point. I'm sure the fan base is looking forward to seeing this next season

Veteran

Why screw up the tank now? Despite the 8-team super tank at the bottom of the league, weíre actually making up ground on a couple teams with 18 games to play. If we close out the season something like 2 - 16, weíll very likely break into that block of the 8 worst records.

Veteran

One of my co-workers and I have this tank debate all the time. Heís a Bulls fan, but we both hate the tank mentality. It goes against ďthe spirit of the game.Ē I donít let my grandkids beat me in PlayStation. You donít get better by losing. You just develop a losing mentality thatís tough to shake even when you talent improves. And again, pjax blew our lottery pick last year, and even our ďhome runĒ lottery pick canít stay on the court. So who is to say we wonít swing and miss in the draft next year and the year after that and the year after that???? Losers are losers period. You guys can continue to celebrate losses. I just canít participate in that

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    One of my co-workers and I have this tank debate all the time. Heís a Bulls fan, but we both hate the tank mentality. It goes against ďthe spirit of the game.Ē I donít let my grandkids beat me in PlayStation. You donít get better by losing. You just develop a losing mentality thatís tough to shake even when you talent improves. And again, pjax blew our lottery pick last year, and even our ďhome runĒ lottery pick canít stay on the court. So who is to say we wonít swing and miss in the draft next year and the year after that and the year after that???? Losers are losers period. You guys can continue to celebrate losses. I just canít participate in that
    This Knicks team showing ďprogressĒ to close the season and saving Hornacekís job is my nightmare.

The team fell behind and looked bad but then rallied late and battled. As another website noted, ďthere hasnít been a tank battle like this since WW2.Ē

Still, the team had every ďrightĒ to quit. Late Sunday night game, in midst of West Coast road swing. But they didnít and that shows theyíre fighting.... itís just that the talent isnít there...

For me, itís not rooting for the loss but understanding that that every win, at this point, is a nutrionless and a Pyrrhic victory. Itís seeing the bigger picture. During the heat of battle... we want to win and win and win! Itís just that after the loss arrIves, the sting doesnít burn as bad. Just a little sweet in the eye.

Anyway, Frank was outstanding... a good sign.

Veteran

One of my co-workers and I have this tank debate all the time. He’s a Bulls fan, but we both hate the tank mentality. It goes against “the spirit of the game.” I don’t let my grandkids beat me in PlayStation. You don’t get better by losing. You just develop a losing mentality that’s tough to shake even when you talent improves. And again, pjax blew our lottery pick last year, and even our “home run” lottery pick can’t stay on the court. So who is to say we won’t swing and miss in the draft next year and the year after that and the year after that???? Losers are losers period. You guys can continue to celebrate losses. I just can’t participate in that

You and your friend keep tawkin and wotchin teams compete to win chips that hit home runs in the lottery!

You can't find 1 team in the past 25yrs that won a chip except 1, without drafting their own lottery talent or trading for them on draft day. I mean literally the math and so-called crazy odds is working against you and your friend

It "might" work this yr for the Rockets but once again let's stack odds(lottery) vs odds(hopefully trading for lottery talent) and you'll come out a loser 98% of the time. I could see if this were game 25 of the season but we literally only have 1 hope at this point

We picked up 1-2gms in the past week hopefully the trend continues over the next 2
    Last edited by Broadway; Mar 05, 2018 at 13:22.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Broadway
    You and your friend keep tawkin and wotchin teams compete to win chips that hit home runs in the lottery!

You can't find 1 team in the past 25yrs that won a chip except 1, without drafting their own lottery talent or trading for them on draft day. I mean literally the math and so-called crazy odds is working against you and your friend

It "might" work this yr for the Rockets but once again let's stack odds(lottery) vs odds(hopefully trading for lottery talent) and you'll come out a loser 98% of the time. I could see if this were game 25 of the season but we literally only have 1 hope at this point

We picked up 1-2gms in the past week hopefully the trend continues over the next 2
    But most of those teams didnít ďtankĒ to do it. Not the 80ís Lakers, Celtics, 76ers, Pisons. Not the 90ís Bulls, Rockets, or Spurs. Not the 2000ís Heat, Spurs, or Cavs. Maybe Iíll give you Golden Sate. And the Clippers sucked for years and still havenít won and are back in tank mode. So save your breathe because the Knicks arenít on track to winning anything before 2030.

Veteran

But most of those teams didn’t “tank” to do it. Not the 80’s Lakers, Celtics, 76ers, Pisons. Not the 90’s Bulls, Rockets, or Spurs. Not the 2000’s Heat, Spurs, or Cavs. Maybe I’ll give you Golden Sate. And the Clippers sucked for years and still haven’t won and are back in tank mode. So save your breathe because the Knicks aren’t on track to winning anything before 2030.

Spurs sure did tank to get Duncan after Nique tore his achilles and sure nuff everyone knows the Cavs tanked to get Lebron(homegrown kid). The Cavs tried to tank again and got Kyrie.

The Clippers are not back to Tank mode, get your facts straight. They shelled out money this past summer and still made a trade at the deadline to keep them in the playoff hunt, they are 1gm back of a spot and have won 7-3 last 10. Had they traded Jordan and Lou Williams at the deadline for picks you'd have a case

Actually the Warriors didn't tank but they methodically built their team through the draft yr-after-yr. We really haven't tanked either when you consider we gave Carmelo that ridiculous contract, we weren't trying to lose. Phil gave a mandate to make the playoffs his first 2yrs here.

The problem with our poorly constructed team over the yrs we're just bad, which give off tank like results. At one point in time this season we were a playoff team I know that seems like ages ago but we were

Veteran

Spurs sure did tank to get Duncan after Nique tore his achilles and sure nuff everyone knows the Cavs tanked to get Lebron(homegrown kid). The Cavs tried to tank again and got Kyrie.

The Clippers are not back to Tank mode, get your facts straight. They shelled out money this past summer and still made a trade at the deadline to keep them in the playoff hunt, they are 1gm back of a spot and have won 7-3 last 10. Had they traded Jordan and Lou Williams at the deadline for picks you'd have a case

Actually the Warriors didn't tank but they methodically built their team through the draft yr-after-yr. We really haven't tanked either when you consider we gave Carmelo that ridiculous contract, we weren't trying to lose. Phil gave a mandate to make the playoffs his first 2yrs here.

The problem with our poorly constructed team over the yrs we're just bad, which give off tank like results. At one point in time this season we were a playoff team I know that seems like ages ago but we were
    No Pop coached team tanks. That ainít in his DNA. And the pre LeBron Cavs didnít tank. They just sucked.

Veteran

No Pop coached team tanks. That ainít in his DNA. And the pre LeBron Cavs didnít tank. They just sucked.

Originally Posted by mafra
    The team fell behind and looked bad but then rallied late and battled. As another website noted, ďthere hasnít been a tank battle like this since WW2.Ē

Still, the team had every ďrightĒ to quit. Late Sunday night game, in midst of West Coast road swing. But they didnít and that shows theyíre fighting.... itís just that the talent isnít there...

For me, itís not rooting for the loss but understanding that that every win, at this point, is a nutrionless and a Pyrrhic victory. Itís seeing the bigger picture. During the heat of battle... we want to win and win and win! Itís just that after the loss arrIves, the sting doesnít burn as bad. Just a little sweet in the eye.

Anyway, Frank was outstanding... a good sign.
    I guess it's me but I didn't see outstanding, he played better than Mudiay but 2-7 for 7 pts hardly outstanding. Still looking for that breakout game from him, like Lonzo had against the Spurs hitting 6 3s 3 in the 4th qtr to get the Lakers a W after being down by 10 to the Spurs in the 4th qtr.

According to Poasting and Toasting:

ď You know who else deserved to win? Frank Ntilikina. The rook took the reins of the offense when Burke struggled in the first half (the less said about Emmanuel Mudiay,the better), dropping 5 dimes. It was one of those composed performances that screamed ďYES, IíM A REAL POINT GUARD.Ē And then there was the defense. Bogdan Bogdanovich was straight-up murdering the Knicks from beyond the three-point arc in the second quarter. Frank took over the Bogdan assignment following a timeout and unleashed the tentacles of the French Kraken, bottling up the Serbian. All told Kings plahyers shot 1-8 when guarded by Frank.Ē

Iím not concerned with Frankís offense right now... we know itís going to take time (and it may never be for him)... but I do see the skills to penetrate and the stroke to shoot it... he just needs to be aggressive and work...

I just want to see that he can dominate on defense and distribute on offense. I think he showed that last night...

“ You know who else deserved to win? Frank Ntilikina. The rook took the reins of the offense when Burke struggled in the first half (the less said about Emmanuel Mudiay,the better), dropping 5 dimes. It was one of those composed performances that screamed “YES, I’M A REAL POINT GUARD.” And then there was the defense. Bogdan Bogdanovich was straight-up murdering the Knicks from beyond the three-point arc in the second quarter. Frank took over the Bogdan assignment following a timeout and unleashed the tentacles of the French Kraken, bottling up the Serbian. All told Kings plahyers shot 1-8 when guarded by Frank.”

I’m not concerned with Frank’s offense right now... we know it’s going to take time (and it may never be for him)... but I do see the skills to penetrate and the stroke to shoot it... he just needs to be aggressive and work...

I just want to see that he can dominate on defense and distribute on offense. I think he showed that last night...
    He's an attentive defender that tries to stay attached to his man but dominant not so far, he's not making any all NBA defensive teams yet. I also give him credit for some court vision, he's 10th in assists among the NBA rookies so he's not bad but not exactly Ben Simmons in setting up teammates. The thing is he doesn't have to beat out d'Aaron Fox for a job only Mudiay who has looked terrible at both ends. I've consistently said he's 19 so he's going to get better but no one knows how much.

Mudiay his first year struggled but people were still talking about his star potential a couple of years down the road but by the looks of him his last 2 games would anyone be surprised if he's not here next year. I'd love for Nits to become a rising star, his pick and potential mean a lot to future of the Knicks but right now I have to give him an INC.

Veteran

I saw a couple nice highlights from Knits, but other than that doesnít appear he did anything exceptionally well but then again I didnít watch the game live. I did like his in and out dribble for a dish to Hicks for a layup...

With that being said you mention Lonzo and sure enough outside of his injury snag heís shown growth throughout the season, very evident at that. Iím impressed with how heís handled a distraction riddled season. At the same time he was selected #2 so the bar is much higher in terms of meeting expectation...he could be on his way

“All told Kings plahyers shot 1-8 when guarded by Frank.”
    Nothing to sniff at if you ask me.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut