202683.png
203994.png

201584.png
203468.png

1626144.png
203081.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksPortland Trail Blazers
Ron Baker - Right Shoulder Injury (OUT)Maurice Harkless - Left knee strain (QUEST)
Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)CJ Wilcox - Right knee arthroscopy (OUT)
Joakim Noah - Personal Reason (NWT)-

Game Preview

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Trail Blazers have been on a sweet ride of late, and they want very much for it to continue.

The Trail Blazers kept it rolling with a 108-103 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center Monday night, extending their season-long win streak to seven games.

Damian Lillard scored 19 of his 39 points in the fourth quarter as the Blazers rallied from an 11-point deficit in the final 5:26 to end the Lakers' five-game win streak.

Portland (38-26) now returns home to face the flailing New York Knicks (24-40), who have lost in 12 of their last 13 outings, at Moda Center.

The Knicks nearly got one Sunday at Sacramento, losing 102-99 to the Kings after Skal Labissiere hit a 3-point shot with 1.6 seconds left. New York coach Jeff Hornacek was pleased the Knicks rallied from a 19-point deficit to tie the game, but not with what he considered a less-than-adequate effort from his players throughout the game -- a complaint he has had often of late.

"OK, we're not in the playoffs," Hornacek told reporters. "But you still have to play with a sense of desperation every time you get on the court. These guys have opportunities to show the league what they can do. A lot of them have been bench guys on other teams, or in the G-League or something. You have to take advantage of the opportunities when they happen.

"I think some of the guys think they are playing hard. I'm sure these guys are thinking, 'I'm playing as hard as I can.' But there is a different level between playing hard and playing with that desperation to do anything it takes to win. That's an internal thing."

The Knicks have lost in 11 of their last 13 meetings with the Blazers, including a 103-91 defeat at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 27 in which Damian Lillard scored 32 points.

Since Christmas, Portland has lost only one of 14 games at Moda Center.

"It's good to be able to give our fans something to be happy about," guard CJ McCollum said. "With how close the West is, we can't afford to lose games at home. We've done a good job as of late."

Lillard likes the resolve the Blazers are displaying at both ends of the court.

"We're really showing our growth," he said. "We're continuing to stay locked in. Right now, we're playing good basketball. If shots aren't falling, we're not letting that dictate how we defend, how we communicate and our energy. We're controlling games with our consistency."

The Blazers are getting good play out of rookie center Zach Collins, who came off the bench to score a season-high 12 points, making 5 of 6 shots while grabbing five rebounds in a Saturday home victory over Oklahoma City.

"For a rookie to be out there in big moments like that in such a huge game against players of that level, Zach was great," Lillard said. "It gives him confidence, but it gives his teammates even more confidence in what he's capable of. It's cool to see a young guy have that kind of moment."

(CBSSports / STATS)

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay needs to wake up this game otherwise Dame is going to destroy him tonight. No talk from Horn about starting Nits at PG, been reading a lot of articles and listening to a lot of pundits saying that's a mistake not to play Nits as the starting PG, I have to agree just for the fact the Knicks aren't going anywhere and most expected Nits would be starting by now, let him start against the 1st unit backcourts of the other teams and see how he does.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game Thread Rady ....
Last night the Lakers guards Isiiah n Ball ran all the energy out of the Blazers .. any uptempo team scoring 110 pts could beat the Blazers tonight.

Hornacek tanking technique has become outstanding with the 102-99 loss to an injury ridden no rebounding Kings zzz

Broadway

All Star
Mudiay needs to wake up this game otherwise Dame is going to destroy him tonight. No talk from Horn about starting Nits at PG, been reading a lot of articles and listening to a lot of pundits saying that's a mistake not to play Nits as the starting PG, I have to agree just for the fact the Knicks aren't going anywhere and most expected Nits would be starting by now, let him start against the 1st unit backcourts of the other teams and see how he does.

Doesn't seem by plan but Knits gets to start

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hopefully CLEE is at the barbershop taking care of his nappy hair. It?s cute when you are a decent player. On him it?s ridiculous.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thanks for the Game Thread Rady ....
Last night the Lakers guards Isiiah n Ball ran all the energy out of the Blazers .. any uptempo team scoring 110 pts could beat the Blazers tonight.

Hornacek tanking technique has become outstanding with the 102-99 loss to an injury ridden no rebounding Kings zzz
Problem is our backcourt couldn?t hit water if they fell out of a boat:)

tiger0330

Legend
Nits got his first NBA start. Trey sporting an Afro instead of corn rows, wish I could say there was anything else different about the NO D Knicks allowing 35 pts 16 by Dame in the 1st.

Broadway

All Star
Knits has played very well(this is one of those games you can see the affect of his defense impacting the game), even with the early foul trouble and with Lee out Beas off the bench there is a different rotation. Our other youngan Dotson got a little burn tonight himself

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks made a comeback from 15 down to close the lead to 5 57-52 Blazers at the half. THJ and Kanter with 14 apiece. If I'm Horn I pull the plug on the Mudiay as the starting PG, Nits has got to be better.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks made a comeback from 15 down to close the lead to 5 57-52 Blazers at the half. THJ and Kanter with 14 apiece. If I'm Horn I pull the plug on the Mudiay as the starting PG, Nits has got to be better.

Another early pull on Mudiay and I was for it myself. While I don't think Knits has natural PG ability he deserves his chance like any other player. He's a high pick and we need to see what he's truly made of

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure why Nits is not on Dame given how hot he is and Nits D rep but I don't see much of Nits covering Dame. I see Nits switching off and covering bigger guys than sticking to Dame trying to stop him.

Broadway

All Star
When Burke is asked to play more like a PG he's okay, although I say don't change what some guys have already established they are. Burke is a scorer a very poor mans Lou Williams and that's how he should be used. He's not playing bad at all(7ast 0TOs), nevertheless he's not giving us maximum contribution because he's asked to play a little differently past few gms but then again maybe if Mudiay or Knits were better as PGs he wouldn't have to.

tiger0330

Legend
Trey was struggling tonight, could not hit that short jumper going 2-12 so Horn put Mudiay back in and promptly bricks a 16 fter. Nits is back i in also and misses an 8 fter. Knicks might have the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA.

Broadway

All Star
Trey was struggling tonight, could not hit that short jumper going 2-12 so Horn put Mudiay back in and promptly bricks a 16 fter. Nits is back i in also and misses an 8 fter. Knicks might have the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA.

I'm letting Mudiay have it on Twitter, he's been a letdown. I know he's better than this and I've seen it but I bet he doesn't even believe in himself at this point.

tiger0330

Legend
Blazers 20-33 from beyond the arc, team on the rise. Knicks are pathetic without Porzingis, B is right Perry is going to offer that extension just off of how bad they look w/o him. Another possibility is a trade, I wonder if the Bulls would do a Markkanen plus their first for KP, Knicks fans would go ape but do you want to give a guy a 157M contract coming off of ACL surgery.