202683.png
203089.png

1626144.png
203503.png

1628373.png
202339.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksMilwaukee Bucks
Ron Baker - Right Shoulder Injury (OUT)Malcolm Brogdon - Left quad tendon injury (OUT)
Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)Matthew Dellavedova - Right ankle sprain (OUT)
Joakim Noah - Personal Reasons (NWT)Mirza Teletovic - Pulmonary emboli (OUT)
Courtney Lee - Personal Reasons (NWT)Tyler Zeller - Back soreness (QUEST)

Game Preview

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks are still somewhat comfortably in playoff contention but they're starting to run out of time for a climb back up the Eastern Conference ladder.

The Bucks, losers of six of the last seven games, have dropped into eighth place in the Eastern Conference and will get a chance to get back on track Friday night when they host the struggling New York Knicks.

It will be the fourth and final meeting of the season and last one at the Bradley Center.

The Bucks appeared to be on track after firing coach Jason Kidd on Jan. 22 by winning winning 10 of their first 13 games under interim coach Joe Prunty.

If there's reason for optimism, it's that Giannis Antetokounmpo looks like he's returning to form. The forward scored 22 of his 30 points in the second half of Wednesday's 110-99 loss to the Houston Rockets.

He spent a good chunk of time playing center in that contest as Prunty made up for the absence of Tyler Zeller, still dealing with soreness after a hard fall Monday at Indiana, with a smaller lineup against Houston.

"Coach told me before the game he was going to try to play me at the five," Antetokounmpo said. "I was ready for it. (Clint) Capela, he's a great center, but he's less physical than all the other centers in the league so I was pretty much good with that."

Milwaukee has dominated the Knicks this season, winning the first two meetings and three in a row over New York overall.

New York has dropped 13 of its last 14 games overall including five in a row, are is 1-9 since Kristaps Porzingis was lost for the season with an ACL injury in a Feb. 6 loss to Milwaukee.

Starting point guard Jarrett Jack has not played since the All-Star break and shooting guard Courtney Lee has had his playing time cut as well, leading some to wonder if the Knicks are the next team to get a tanking warning from commissioner Adam Silver.

Coach Jeff Hornacek issued a preemptive warning of his own Thursday during a practice session at Marquette University two days after a 111-87 loss at Portland.

"There's a difference between tanking and trying to look at the future," Hornacek said. "And we made trades to bring these guys in. We brought Trey (Burke) in from the G-League and Emmanuel (Mudiay) from another team. That's a totally separate thought process. We're seeing if they can play for us."

Jack likely won't see action again Friday and nor will Lee, who's not with the team because of a death in the family. That leaves Hornacek to continue with his rookie backcourt.

"We're trying to evaluate our three young point guards," he said. "Moving forward, we got to make decisions on those guys. We have to play them as many minutes as possible. Jarrett has done a great job for us this year. But we're at the point of the season we need to take a look at those guys and give them bigger minutes. It's hard to judge them on five minutes here and there."

(CBSSports / STATS)

CoolClyde

?But we're at the point of the season we need to take a look at those guys and give them bigger minutes. It's hard to judge them on five minutes here and there."

that there?s tank talk. too bad horns?s been judging frank in increments all season. about time frank started, would be even better if he started at point. go frank! lead this tank to another competitive loss!

tiger0330

Legend
I said last game Horn wouldn't bench Mudiay despite his struggles. Same lineup as last game Kanter LT THJ Nits Mudiay.

tiger0330

Legend
Troy finishes a fast break after a Buck to and then D's up causing a 24 sec call. Crazy if he's not here next year.

tiger0330

Legend
Troy with 11 pts halfway through the 2nd. Playing like Mudiay should be playing like, for a spot on an NBA team.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn giving Kornet a look. He looks seriously overmatched, I doubt he's an NBA player esp when he hasn't hit the 3 since his debut game.

tiger0330

Legend
60-55 Bucks at the half, the Knicks were down 10 just before the half but a hustle d play by Troy turning a steal into a layup and a last second 3 by Tim cut it to 5. Hard to see the Knicks winning this, should see the Bucks ramping up the effort the second half given what's on the line for them.

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay athleticism is overrated. I think he came into the league with a rep as a super athlete but he's hardly passable.

tiger0330

Legend
Both team's going down the floor at a fast pace. Knicks playing a competitive game Bucks lead 81-77 3min left in the 3rd.

Kiyaman

Legend
I said last game Horn wouldn't bench Mudiay despite his struggles. Same lineup as last game Kanter LT THJ Nits Mudiay.

That starter lineup looked terrible at the start of the 3rd quarter scoring only 11 points the first 7 minutes having Kanter n Tim taking all the shots ....

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay finally waking up, made a couple of jumpers, just got a backdoor dunk and a steal for a long pass assist to Quinn for 2. Knicks take their first lead 85-84 on Mudiay FTs.

Broadway

All Star
Look like Troy is playing for next year contract .. what u think ???

He's definitely made this team, If I were the Knicks I'd offer the contract and lock him up. Give him like a 2yr $5mil...$2.5/yr deal. All guaranteed I doubt he turns it down

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Such an awful possession by Burke...Beasley had his man pinned in the painted area and all Burke needed to do, lob towards the rim to him. Instead he dribbles out the possession like a wound up toy for a trash finish at the rim he should've made.

This is such a prime example of how bad his PG instincts are and why Beasley will drop hints in the press he isn't getting the ball not being the problem