203954.png
1628436.png

200755.png
1628373.png

1627732.png
1626144.png

Injury Report

Philadelphia 76ersNew York Knicks
Markelle Fultz - Right shoulder rehabilitation (OUT)Tim Hardaway Jr. - Sprained Right Ankle (QUEST)
Furkan Korkmaz - Lisfranc injury, midfoot, left foot (OUT)Joakim Noah - Personal reasons (NWT)
Timoth? Luwawu-Cabarrot - Right knee patellar tendinits (QUEST)Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)
-Ron Baker - Right shoulder injury (OUT)
-Lance Thomas - Personal Reasons (NWT)

Game Preview

The Philadelphia 76ers, who've have an up-and-down few weeks, head to Madison Square Garden to face the slumping New York Knicks on Thursday night.

Coming off a 101-98 home loss to the Indiana Pacers -- a game in which Joel Embiid scored 29 but turned the ball over eight times and allowed Myles Turner to score 25 -- Philadelphia gets a chance to right the ship against a Knicks squad its already beaten twice this year.

"The fact is that we have not been able to get through the Miamis, the Washingtons, the Milwaukees and tonight the Indianas," 76ers coach Brett Brown told reporters. "With each one of those games, we learn a little bit about what we need to get better for the playoffs. I think there's tremendous learning power out of these games."

The first time the teams met this season on Christmas Day, Philadelphia won 105-98 behind 25 points and 16 boards from Embiid, 24 points from J.J. Redick and inspired bench play from T.J. McConnell, who had 15 points, five rebounds, four assists and two steals.

The last time the two teams met Feb. 12, McConnell again delivered in a big way, registering a triple-double with 10 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds with six steals in a team-high 37 minutes.

New York, which has since turned its backcourt over to the youngsters, Emmanuel Mudiay and Frank Ntilikina, will need to counter the 76ers strong bench play.

"I'm not only playing for the team, my last name, but I'm playing for the young guys," Knicks guard Tim Hardaway Jr. told reporters. "I want the young guys to see that even in tough situations, you still have to go out there and fight. You still have to go out there and compete, try to lead in any aspect that you can."

The Knicks, who've lost eight straight and 16 of 17 games, might be without the services of Hardaway. Their leading scorer on the active roster -- star center Kristaps Porzingis remains out until next season recovering from a torn ACL, Hardaway is battling a sprained right ankle after missing 20 games earlier this season with a stress reaction in his lower left leg.

Hardaway's absence would leave the already thin Knicks almost barren on the perimeter. New York would be down its top two 3-point shooters and would be forced to rely even more on center Enes Kanter, who has had a solid season with 14.1 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.

Against a mismatch-heavy 76ers roster, highlighted by the ultimate mismatch -- 6-foot-10 point guard Ben Simmons, who had a triple-double against the Pacers -- New York could be in for a long night.

That would be big for the 76ers, who are in a battle for playoff seeding.

"I try not to look at the standings just because I know I have to take every game day by day or however it comes," Simmons told reporters.

After traveling to New York, Philadelphia returns home for a three-game homestand starting with the Brooklyn Nets on Friday.

The Knicks next remain home for the final two contests of a five-game homestand, with Charlotte visiting the Garden on Saturday and Chicago on Monday.

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Guess everyone is watching NCAA not NBA tonight. Watching Villanova/Radford and Mikal Bridges is having a nice game but the whole Villanova team is as well against an overmatched Radford team.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks up 68-60 at the half. That Villanova game is pretty much decided, going to see the Knicks the second half. They can't lose them all in the 3rd, they have to have a solid second half one of these games.

tiger0330

Legend
Beas hitting everything, drives right but uses his left to score the bucket, tough fadeaway he's 10-12 for 21 pts and the Knicks lead 83-73 6 mins left 3rd.

tiger0330

Legend
91-83 Knicks end of 3. Quinn had a nice dunk off his dribble and a layup that stopped what looked like the start of another 3rd qtr collapse.

tiger0330

Legend
Trey hits a big fallaway jumper and Dotson with a beautiful dime to Beas for his dunk to make it 99-93 just when the Sixers cut it to 4.

tiger0330

Legend
Simmons explodes to the basket for a dunk. If he ever develops an outside shot heaven help the NBA, he'll be The Beard on steroids.

tiger0330

Legend
Simmons explodes to the basket for a dunk. If he ever develops an outside shot heaven help the NBA, he'll be The Beard on steroids.
The kid also has to learn to shoot FTs, I think hes shooting less than 60%. Misses 2 fts but Covington hits a 3 to take their first lead 106-104.

mafra

Legend
Brilliant move... Knicks proved PHI going nowhere and we can beat them, even without KP... then they call off the dogs so we can continue our run at a top 5 pick!

tiger0330

Legend
CLee gets the bounce on his short jumper to tie it. Mudiay gets blocked and gets knocked down, no foul called but he doesn't get back on D and Redick hits a 3 to give the Sixers a 110-106 lead.

tiger0330

Legend
Entertaining game, that's a loss I'll accept 9 straight losses now but they were in it until the end. THJ was awful and he knew it.

mafra

Legend
Knicks now have a losing home record... 16-17... remember when they were like 10-3 and we worried about all those upcoming road games?

Now they?ve dropped 16/17 games. Only a fool would attend a game with NY playing. I wouldn?t even go watch them if they were at the local HS gym.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks now have a losing home record... 16-17... remember when they were like 10-3 and we worried about all those upcoming road games?

Now they’ve dropped 16/17 games. Only a fool would attend a game with NY playing. I wouldn’t even go watch them if they were at the local HS gym.
You sound like Chief except you're on the tank and he's not. Breen today sounding like a frustrated fan saying Nits should get time as the starting PG what else is there to play for, it's not going to make a difference at this stage because he's not better than Mudiay and the light isn't going on for him this season, but why not. I posted a good article about the kid, interesting that he may be 6'7" next year which I think would make him more SG than PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Brilliant move... Knicks proved PHI going nowhere and we can beat them, even without KP... then they call off the dogs so we can continue our run at a top 5 pick!

Surprised me too .. we outscored Philly for 3 quarters .. no Knicks collapse in the 3rd qtr. HOORAY !!!

Hornacek finally got the memo .. "Stop making the players look bad in every 2nd half of the game with foolish substitution/coaching