Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 7:30 3/15/2018 [Game #69]

tiger0330

Legend
CHI won tonight, we have one more loss than them. Not impossible we could wind up with 5th worst record instead of the 9th. ATL has the most, 49 losses and we have 45. 7 teams with between 44-49 losses. 2 teams with 50.

Kiyaman

Legend
You sound like Chief except you're on the tank and he's not. Breen today sounding like a frustrated fan saying Nits should get time as the starting PG what else is there to play for, it's not going to make a difference at this stage because he's not better than Mudiay and the light isn't going on for him this season, but why not. I posted a good article about the kid, interesting that he may be 6'7" next year which I think would make him more SG than PG.

Hornacek should have had Knits balling at all 3 position SF/SG/PG when he grew a inch in December. Knits rookie performance remind me so much like Trevor Ariza rookie season as a Knicks.
Breen talk to much!
When u have a 6.6 athletic defensive minded rookie baller (Knits) u work on his passing skills by having him perform at all 3 position throughout the season.
Knits length makes him more than just a PG on the court.

Broadway

All Star
CHI won tonight, we have one more loss than them. Not impossible we could wind up with 5th worst record instead of the 9th. ATL has the most, 49 losses and we have 45. 7 teams with between 44-49 losses. 2 teams with 50.

In the Blazers game thread I posted about us moving up matter of factly. We have even greater opportunity now to move up more more lottery teams play each other. I was at work and saw the box score with us up at half and I was slightly nervous but still held out hope Philly would wake up.

2gms back in the loss column of a potential Top 5 pick, how great is this looking now?

mafra

Legend
You sound like Chief except you're on the tank and he's not. Breen today sounding like a frustrated fan saying Nits should get time as the starting PG what else is there to play for, it's not going to make a difference at this stage because he's not better than Mudiay and the light isn't going on for him this season, but why not. I posted a good article about the kid, interesting that he may be 6'7" next year which I think would make him more SG than PG.

Horn is clueless. I would tell Knits if he doesn?t shoot 15 shots he doesn?t play the next game. Dude attempts 1 shot in 13 minutes.

I tell him I don?t care about turnovers, by he must take ball to rack and create. Tell him this is about preparing for next season, so stop acting like your life depends on your passivity and good behavior!

mafra

Legend
?I?ve never lost this many games in a row,? Mudiay said. ?It?s definitely frustrating. I know I?m not a loser.??

jimkcchief88

All Star
Mudiay heard it on this play. It was a key play.

Glad I didn?t waste anytime on this game. I wish I could get on the tank with you guys but I can?t. This play is exhibit A why. Tanking teams that have lost double-digits games in a row don?t and won?t get calls, even at home. Especially against an up and coming all-stars like Philly. You know the NCAA tourney is on guys. Loyola-Chicago won in a thriller yesterday, AZ lost as well, and Micheal Porter JR makes his tourney debut late tonight with his bother Jontay. Tune in to that for sure. M-I-Z. Z-O-U

jimkcchief88

All Star
In the Blazers game thread I posted about us moving up matter of factly. We have even greater opportunity now to move up more more lottery teams play each other. I was at work and saw the box score with us up at half and I was slightly nervous but still held out hope Philly would wake up.

2gms back in the loss column of a potential Top 5 pick, how great is this looking now?

You see OKC is up 4th now in the West?🤔

jimkcchief88

All Star
Surprised me too .. we outscored Philly for 3 quarters .. no Knicks collapse in the 3rd qtr. HOORAY !!!

Hornacek finally got the memo .. "Stop making the players look bad in every 2nd half of the game with foolish substitution/coaching
I had the privilege of watching NBA TV yesterday AM and Kevin Mchale/Greg Anthony were on the highlights. I would prefer either as coach of the Knicks over Horn. First order of business is to fire on when this season is over. Tanks for nothing Horn😡

Broadway

All Star
Russ, PG and Melo are going to have to bring it, their schedule is as tough as it gets, Rox, Warriors, Celts, Blazers, Raps, Spurs, Heat twice. They're 4th now but a bad week could put you out of the playoffs.

2 losses from being right back at the 8th spot and Kawhi is back. They have a game Clippers team tonight who are fighting for their playoff lives

tiger0330

Legend
2 losses from being right back at the 8th spot and Kawhi is back. They have a game Clippers team tonight who are fighting for their playoff lives
Good start off this tough stretch for OKC with a win against the Clips. Read they are only 2-6 against above .500 teams since Feb so they got work to do.

Kiyaman

Legend
Glad I didn?t waste anytime on this game. I wish I could get on the tank with you guys but I can?t. This play is exhibit A why. Tanking teams that have lost double-digits games in a row don?t and won?t get calls, even at home. Especially against an up and coming all-stars like Philly. You know the NCAA tourney is on guys. Loyola-Chicago won in a thriller yesterday, AZ lost as well, and Micheal Porter JR makes his tourney debut late tonight with his bother Jontay. Tune in to that for sure. M-I-Z. Z-O-U

It does get boring watching the Knicks TANK season after season for the past 2 decades .. Especially during March Madness where college ballers are performing on the next-level of B.Ball having so much hustle n athletic-effort to go to the Final-4 .. or watch another season of the March n April tank-tank Knicks show a performance of No-Effort on offense nor defense.
I have no luv or wants for any of the Knicks past head coaches or GM that submitted to the Dolan tank-tank system .... I don't think Patrick Ewing or Mark Jackson as a Knicks headcoach would have became a puppet coach for Dolan.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good start off this tough stretch for OKC with a win against the Clips. Read they are only 2-6 against above .500 teams since Feb so they got work to do.

OKC will win or lose games throughout the remainder of the season to stay a 4th or 5th or 6th seed team to have a 65% chance of going to the 2nd round postseason

jimkcchief88

All Star
Russ, PG and Melo are going to have to bring it, their schedule is as tough as it gets, Rox, Warriors, Celts, Blazers, Raps, Spurs, Heat twice. They're 4th now but a bad week could put you out of the playoffs.

It does get boring watching the Knicks TANK season after season for the past 2 decades .. Especially during March Madness where college ballers are performing on the next-level of B.Ball having so much hustle n athletic-effort to go to the Final-4 .. or watch another season of the March n April tank-tank Knicks show a performance of No-Effort on offense nor defense.
I have no luv or wants for any of the Knicks past head coaches or GM that submitted to the Dolan tank-tank system .... I don't think Patrick Ewing or Mark Jackson as a Knicks headcoach would have became a puppet coach for Dolan.
And that?s why they will never coach our Knicks😭

Kiyaman

Legend
Lol a shooting guard that can?t even shoot..Perfect for the Knicks. And that was last years lottery pick. So our last two ?lottery? picks are playing poorly or not at all and you want back into the ?lottery??🤣

Great Point .. the Knicks getting another lottery pick are the same as giving a nine yr old child a $100 dollar gift certificate to Toys R Us .. the child want everything nothing specific.
Does the Knicks GM know what player or postion the Knicks team need from the 2018 Draft Class?
Center? Kanter n Quinn n Noah
PF? TIRED-KP n Lance
SF? Beasley n Troy
SG? Timmy n CLee n Dotson
PG? Mudiay n Burke n Knits

paris401

Starter
Great Point .. the Knicks getting another lottery pick are the same as giving a nine yr old child a $100 dollar gift certificate to Toys R Us ..

u r rite ....toys is bankrupt, and that $100 gift cert is now worthless... sorta like last years, n this summers (???)pick....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great Point .. the Knicks getting another lottery pick are the same as giving a nine yr old child a $100 dollar gift certificate to Toys R Us .. the child want everything nothing specific.
Does the Knicks GM know what player or postion the Knicks team need from the 2018 Draft Class?
Center? Kanter n Quinn n Noah
PF? TIRED-KP n Lance
SF? Beasley n Troy
SG? Timmy n CLee n Dotson
PG? Mudiay n Burke n Knits

Great point Kiyaman. This team has so many holes where do you begin? Backcourt, frontcourt, coaching staff????