Game thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 7:30 3/17/2018 [Game #70]

tiger0330

Legend
That's interesting because right before the game was played WHG talked about how great of a communicator Clifford is and he knows his role and why he gets minutes or doesn't. Said this wasn't the case here in NY, then Charlotte proceeds to get blown out by us shortly thereafter

I don't think Clifford is saying anything different about WHG post game than what he said about him pre game. Pre game he said a below average athletic 5 has to work twice as hard to separate himself to make it in this league, he even mentioned WHG becoming a 3 pt shooter. Kaminsky is like that, average athlete that will never be Drum or DJ but has the range to open up an offense, Lopez remade himself into 3 pt shooter so maybe WHG could become one. Right now with his skill set he's going to be behind DH Kaminsky and Zeller so Cliff is right WHG needs to bust his butt to get ahead of those guys for playing time.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Bruke is fun to watch, its been a while since we had somebody who can penetrate and change the defense in the paint..... he looks reliable so far, i hope he remains the same.....

mafra

Legend
Like you say, can't lose every game and Horn has done a good job tanking with the lineups he's playing losing 11-13 games. That record is as bad as it gets so we're going to have to depend on fate for that draft spot and hope we pick the right guy. We still might be able to move up a spot or 2, I don't see us winning many games from here despite the W tonight.

Doesn?t look good for us moving up when other teams raise the tank bar (rightly so with 10 games left and nothing to play for).... BULLS have basically declared they are closed for business this season...

Bulls decide to leave Markannen, Dunn and LaVine home. None will play vs NYK tonight. These 3 didn?t play Sat night vs CLE (a game BULLS lost by a few points).

Meanwhile, NYK will playing Kanter, Lee, LT, Beasley... Knicks should see the CHI tank and raise them with a few DNPs themselves.
This game might decide who gets Bridges (Villanova)...

tiger0330

Legend
Doesn’t look good for us moving up when other teams raise the tank bar (rightly so with 10 games left and nothing to play for).... BULLS have basically declared they are closed for business this season...

Bulls decide to leave Markannen, Dunn and LaVine home. None will play vs NYK tonight. These 3 didn’t play Sat night vs CLE (a game BULLS lost by a few points).

Meanwhile, NYK will playing Kanter, Lee, LT, Beasley... Knicks should see the CHI tank and raise them with a few DNPs themselves.
This game might decide who gets Bridges (Villanova)...
Bulls still have enough to win esp against a team that's lost 17 of their last 19. We have 12 left, 8 against above .500 teams battling for a playoff spot so we could go 4-8 or worse, anyway it's not like 2015 where we were talking about tanking for the top pick, we're talking about the difference between 6-9 perhaps. Bridges, Young, Sexton and maybe even Porter might be there if he doesn't return to Mizzou. I know you like Bridges over Young but Trae's upside intrigues me and I would take a shot at him at 9 if that's where we pick.

paris401

Starter
I doubt that .. Hornacek $hitty coaching started the 2017-18 season off TANKING having a 0-3 record of 12 quarters of no-DEFENSE !!!

we dont 'own' the rites to having a $hitty owner... is there a worse owner then dolan.... maybe there is ...MJ.. he's pretty $hitty toooo... so what we started 0-3.. didnt we have a winning record in dec??? i still maintain if we played a steady diet of hornets/bulls/magic/hawks/mavs/etc,we'd be nearto if not a .500team...

i can't believe we r arguing/discussing being a .500 or less team.... ahhhh the joys of being a knick fan...

mafra

Legend
Lauri Markkanen (back), Kris Dunn (toe) and Zach LaVine (knee) will not play on Monday in New York.
They didn't even travel with the team, and for now, we'll be considering all these guys questionable for Wednesday's game against the Nuggets. Monday will mark Markkanen's fourth straight game on the sidelines, and at this point in the fantasy season, it's tough to justify hanging onto guys with no clear return date. Bobby Portis and Denzel Valentine will be very busy on Monday with the Bulls' stars out, and Cameron Payne should be looking at another start.