Game thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 7:30 3/17/2018 [Game #70]

tiger0330

Legend
Most pts scored in a game this season, 70 pts by the bench led by Trey. Nits with a nice game, everyone played and every player scored, a nice W.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

jimkcchief88

All Star
Most pts scored in a game this season, 70 pts by the bench led by Trey. Nits with a nice game, everyone played and every player scored, a nice W.

Exactly. You know how they say you can?t win them all? Well you can?t lose them all either. Sounds like our young backcourt grew up a little tonight. I?m sure this was just a blip on the radar tank fans. Don?t despair🤣🤣🤣

tiger0330

Legend
I'm done with Horn. Subs in Jack for Nits on Nits highest scoring game as a Knick. Fire him the day after the season ends, he wants to know his status ASAP.
Seems Horn asked Jack if he wanted to go in and he said yes so you got to go with Horn giving a guy who's sacrificed some time if he wanted it. Everyone talking like this is a break out game for Nits even if he didn't hit 20pts and 30 mins.

mafra

Legend
This hurt our tank but I think we pretty much maxed out anyway... not that we can?t lose enough to be a serious threat but the teams ahead of us weren?t gonna win 5 times...

We may slip up to 8... maybe even to 6-7... but that?s it. So, we?re stuck rooting for ping pong balls to propel us to top (like Phi last year)...

Still, if we can sneak ahead of CHI, Sac, Mavs or Nets then we are golden... but, I doubt we have a shot to do anything but leapfrog CHI.

Bridges, Carter, and Sexton are fine by me tho...

Can?t blame team today... kids play d well and we were home. CHA out tanked us...

Regardless, this draft is deep enough and we still have hope for a lottery miracle.

Broadway

All Star
This hurt our tank but I think we pretty much maxed out anyway... not that we can’t lose enough to be a serious threat but the teams ahead of us weren’t gonna win 5 times...

We may slip up to 8... maybe even to 6-7... but that’s it. So, we’re stuck rooting for ping pong balls to propel us to top (like Phi last year)...

Still, if we can sneak ahead of CHI, Sac, Mavs or Nets then we are golden... but, I doubt we have a shot to do anything but leapfrog CHI.

Can’t blame team today... kids play d well and we were home. CHA out tanked us...

Regardless, this draft is deep enough and we still have hope for a lottery miracle.

True but keep in mind we always need to finish as high as possible for the splits/ties-move down factor. We need losses no other way to slice it and some prospects didn't look so swell like Porter/Bamba. Remember we lost the tie breaker last yr maybe we'd win this yr

We literally could've been within 2gms of Brooklyn tonight who(play Bulls 2 more times and Grizzlies). Might want to scale back THJR minutes it's not like he hasn't produced underwhelming in recent gms. Kings have 4gms against teams ahead of us, we could've stayed within 2gms of them(assuming Utah beats them)

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Once again how is it we as fans think the math can work in our favor when it comes to possibly making the playoffs(in a 10th seed position to make up 5gms) but then resort to the highest forms of skepticism when it comes to the math for best lottery results(moving up a couple spots 2gms back)?

It's really one of the most bizarre forms of fanfare I've seen in my life

Kiyaman

Legend
tiger0330*
I'm done with Horn. Subs in Jack for Nits on Nits highest scoring game as a Knick. Fire him the day after the season ends, he wants to know his status ASAP.

I popped in to say exactly this, but you beat me to it.

Horn must Go !!!

Wow! I missed a winning Knicks game ..
We scored 124 pts!
We finally let Timmy perform at SG!
We finally put a all bench lineup on the court early in the first half .. Burke Knits Troy Hinks Quinn .. winning lineup !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Can't lose every game but this hurts a little because we'll go back to 9th place with the Bulls losing and could've gained a game on the Nets beating Dallas. Assuming everything stays as they're going right now

But hey I guess it's a "CELEBRATION" stopping a losing streak. Cool to see our young guys contribute. Thanks THJR for the W, we needed it more than anything(sarcasm)

This hurt our tank but I think we pretty much maxed out anyway... not that we can?t lose enough to be a serious threat but the teams ahead of us weren?t gonna win 5 times...

We may slip up to 8... maybe even to 6-7... but that?s it. So, we?re stuck rooting for ping pong balls to propel us to top (like Phi last year)...

Can?t blame team today... kids play d well and we were home. CHA out tanked us...

Like you say, can't lose every game and Horn has done a good job tanking with the lineups he's playing losing 11-13 games. That record is as bad as it gets so we're going to have to depend on fate for that draft spot and hope we pick the right guy. We still might be able to move up a spot or 2, I don't see us winning many games from here despite the W tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Like you say, can't lose every game and Horn has done a good job tanking with the lineups he's playing losing 11-13 games. That record is as bad as it gets so we're going to have to depend on fate for that draft spot and hope we pick the right guy. We still might be able to move up a spot or 2, I don't see us winning many games from here despite the W tonight.

The Knicks beating the Hornets are not a big deal .. the Knicks scoring a 124 pts plus holding the Hornets to 101 pts are a Big Deal.
If we had more consistent wins like tonite it would be easy to select the KEEPERS on the roster. Or know what type of players the Knicks would select from the draft.

paris401

Starter
The Knicks beating the Hornets are not a big deal .. the Knicks scoring a 124 pts plus holding the Hornets to 101 pts are a Big Deal.
If we had more consistent wins like tonite it would be easy to select the KEEPERS on the roster. Or know what type of players the Knicks would select from the draft.

the problem is we dont play this $hitty of a team every nite...if we did, we probably have a .500 record...

Wow, Charlotte coach Steve Clifford gave it to WHG in post-game interviews. Basically said that WHG barely plays in Charlotte for the same reasons he barely played in NY. Questioned why WHG isn?t working harder to save his career.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow, Charlotte coach Steve Clifford gave it to WHG in post-game interviews. Basically said that WHG barely plays in Charlotte for the same reasons he barely played in NY. Questioned why WHG isn?t working harder to save his career.

Steve Clifford happen to be another BUM (like Hornacek) that hasn't earned the title of being a NBA headcoach .. There is no reason why Howard Batum n Walker are not more creative in offensive-scoring in the PnR after 2 full seasons .. Kaminsky n WHG belong in the same lineup to co-exist as a tandem frontcourt Big off the bench to give the team depth having rookie Monk run the point.
Owner Jordan still need Pippin to put the players on the same-page !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
the problem is we dont play this $hitty of a team every nite...if we did, we probably have a .500 record...

I doubt that .. Hornacek $hitty coaching started the 2017-18 season off TANKING having a 0-3 record of 12 quarters of no-DEFENSE !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Like you a die hard Knicks fan. Watched the Mizzou game and Villanova only because of Bridges and Porter. Haven't heard about whether Porter is going to declare but I think he should stay in school for another season.

We are hoping he?s stays another, a little selfish, but it will be a touch transition from 2 games plus 2 minutes of college ball too pro. Mike Jr?s Dad is on the Mizzou staff so $$$ is not an issue. We all hope Mike Jr stays and enjoys playing for Mizzou, enjoys playing along side his brother Jontay and for his Dad Mike Sr with his MoM, sisters and family watching. Those would be irreplaceable memories that would carry him while he is struggling playing for the Magic, Sactown, Phoenix, or maybe even us or another NBA bottomfeeder. Sometimes $$$ isn?t everything and Mikejr isn?t in any immediate financial need. Only time will tell. But Tiger nation is on pins and needles....

Broadway

All Star
Wow, Charlotte coach Steve Clifford gave it to WHG in post-game interviews. Basically said that WHG barely plays in Charlotte for the same reasons he barely played in NY. Questioned why WHG isn’t working harder to save his career.

That's interesting because right before the game was played WHG talked about how great of a communicator Clifford is and he knows his role and why he gets minutes or doesn't. Said this wasn't the case here in NY, then Charlotte proceeds to get blown out by us shortly thereafter

Last edited: