Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 7:30 3/19/2018 [Game #71]

mafra

Legend
Hardaway with 30 minutes playing time (thru 3 quarters)... Dotson with 0. Somebody explain to Horn how to tank.

mafra

Legend
Bulls making a little run, down by 12 with about 6 to go. Bridges, from VILL, might be the prize for the lucky loser.

Chicago barely put a team out there tonight. Even if we gave the bulk of our minutes to the end of our bench, I think Chicago would have still found a way to force the loss.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks up 20 now... Timmy with a minor explosion. Still, bad job by this team.

We win bc Lee, Kanter and Beasley played tonight.... why? Chances are both aren’t here next year.... So, if like what happened in the Steph Curry draft occurs... and we miss out on our guy bc Bulls take him at 8... shame on us.

Bulls understand the most important thing they can do now for their org is to position themselves in the lottery.... like it or not, these are the rules and teams are playing by them...

CHI shows us how to tank... simply bench everyone and anyone resembling an NBA player.

What are we doing? We’re playing our vets and all our guys... great. And just like most years, we’ll win enough games to push us out of contention for this draft’s best players.

I hear you but if we win every game from here with a starting backcourt of Trey and Nits we'll have done something. Mudiay sprained an ankle, if I was Horn I'd rest him the remainder of the season.

mafra

Legend
I hear you but if we win every game from here with a starting backcourt of Trey and Nits we'll have done something. Mudiay sprained an ankle, if I was Horn I'd rest him the remainder of the season.

I got no problem with that. Knits, Dotson, Williams, Hicks, and Kornet should be the starting 5.... Burke and Mudiay and KOQ and LT off the bench. If we win games giving the kids the bulk of the minutes... cool!

I just can?t stomach winning these meaningless games playing Kanter, Lee and Beasley 20 minutes and Timmy 30.

It just shows how this team is run poorly. Every other bad team is fighting for their lottery spot. Bulls have benched kids, and yet we play vets? Makes no sense.

Again, we?ve been winning 28 games every season and this does nothing.... winning 23 games puts you in the hunt. Winning 28 playing vets costs us Westbrook and Curry a decade ago... it cost us KAT a few seasons ago... How costly will 3-5 meaningless wins in March be come draft? Stay tuned.

Either way, It just bothers me our front office isn?t committed to improving their roster. You cant claim you?re doing your job when you don?t do everything within the rules to imprOve

jimkcchief88

All Star
I?m way behind on my dvr but Kornet took a vicious facial oh wee. Looks like the Knicks are gonna with this one but boy this is ugly hoops. Who is this Hicks??? I know tank fans are disappointed, but anytime the Knicks beat the Bulls it?s a great day. I think the NBA should punish tanking teams by making them sell all merchandise and concessions half price. You shouldn?t have to pay full price for anything to see hoops this bad. It?s an abomination really. The NCAA tournament games are much more entertaining and the skill level is about the same.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12

mafra

Legend
I?m way behind on my dvr but Kornet took a vicious facial oh wee. Looks like the Knicks are gonna with this one but boy this is ugly hoops. Who is this Hicks??? I know tank fans are disappointed, but anytime the Knicks beat the Bulls it?s a great day. I think the NBA should punish tanking teams by making them sell all merchandise and concessions half price. You shouldn?t have to pay full price for anything to see hoops this bad. It?s an abomination really. The NCAA tournament games are much more entertaining and the skill level is about the same.

Bulls ended our season in Jan when they beat us 3 consecutive times. I hate the tank but the reality is this is the way things are done these days, so why bite off your nose to spite your face.

What if Bulls take the guy we really coveted at 8, and he turns out to be a HOF talent and we settle for another Jordan Hill at 9. Then, looking back, when Dunn, LaVine, the Swede and the rookie are beating us every season, will we look back at this victory on 3-19-18 and claim it was meaningful?

Anyway, it?s just frustrating that CHI can actually gain an advantage pulling this stunt, and that advantage (in theory) could net them the number one overall pick. And we just accepted that crap, without looking for own advantages

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Bulls ended our season in Jan when they beat us 3 consecutive times. I hate the tank but the reality is this is the way things are done these days, so why bite off your nose to spite your face.

What if Bulls take the guy we really coveted at 8, and he turns out to be a HOF talent and we settle for another Jordan Hill at 9. Then, looking back, when Dunn, LaVine, the Swede and the rookie are beating us every season, will we look back at this victory on 3-19-18 and claim it was meaningful?
Not saying it's going to happen with the Knicks history in the draft but we could wind up picking a DM or Kuzma in this years draft. How many of these top picks this year Fultz, Isaacs or previous years Russell, Okafor haven't panned out, they're are going to be better players selected lower in every draft. I do like everything I see of that kid Bridges from Villanova largely because he's ahead of these one and done guys like Michael Porter, Bridges won't be there at 9 I don't think so that will be disappointing if he goes one slot ahead of where we pick and we can hope the lottery balls fall our way finally this season as well.

mafra

Legend
I hear you, and from a fan perspective I agree. Like PHI last season, how they won the lottery and leapfrogged us. We could skip ahead to 8 only to watch cHi win and we be like DAmn!

It?s just that, from an ownership perspective, the team should be doing everything it can to improve. Like what the Bulls are doing, looking for every advantage the rules allow.

This is what irks me. Not if the team win or loss or tank or not tank, it?s just that this team is rudderless and has been for nearly 20 years.

I repeat... Beasley and Lee shouldn?t play a minute anymore this season!

Broadway

All Star
I hear you, and from a fan perspective I agree. Like PHI last season, how they won the lottery and leapfrogged us. We could skip ahead to 8 only to watch cHi win and we be like DAmn!

It?s just that, from an ownership perspective, the team should be doing everything it can to improve. Like what the Bulls are doing, looking for every advantage the rules allow.

This is what irks me. Not if the team win or loss or tank or not tank, it?s just that this team is rudderless and has been for nearly 20 years.

I repeat... Beasley and Lee shouldn?t play a minute anymore this season!

This organization does everything and anything to make one HATE them. THJR was predicted to ruin our fortunes by a couple posters on this forum and right on cue he has. We had a chance to be right in the mix to catch the Nets who won tonight and have to play the Bulls 2 times 2 more times. We also play Orlando coming up shortly

THJR tweaked his ankle like 3-4gms ago do we rest him NOPE but for some odd reason we sure are monitoring the minutes the young players get game-to-game this is such a travesty. I HATE THIS TEAM!!!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Some of you guys have it all wrong. It?s called a lottery for a reason. So no matter how tickets you buy, you aren?t increasing your chances by a substantial amount. If you guy down to your corner store right now and buy a million $$$ worth of tickets to the midday drawing, you aren?t guaranteeing anything except you just spent a million $$$. If you look at the NBA draft over the years rarely does the best player in the draft get played picked 1st overall. The goat MJ wasn?t the top pick in his draft, I think Kenny Skywalker was. Someone correct me if I?m wrong. So you try to pick the best player at the position the ?lottery? yields. Trust me there are plenty of Bulls fans and media that hate this tanking strategy because they don?t trust Gar/Pax like we don?t trust Perry. Bulls fans also remember that odds were against them getting the pick that turned into DRose. It?s a lottery people. Lottery.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Plus y?all gotta remember the Bulls coach(Fred Hoiberg) was hired by Gar/Pax after they chased Thibbs out of town. Gar/Pax are now on the hot seat with Bulls/fans and media, but Hoiberg has Gar/Pax vote of confidence. Horn does not as Perry didn?t hire him. So this is probably Horn?s last chance to be a NBA head coach. Hoiberg has the luxury to sit Markkanen and Levine. Imagine if one of them got hurt during tank time? Chicago media would roast them.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Boy just saw Frank get trapped at mid court and summarily ripped and stripped. I?m finishing watching the game on DVR from last night. KOQ is a true professional. Just had an assist on a back cut leading to a layup so easy that even CLEE couldn?t mess up. Then KOQ directed the defense and sent some weak layup ping ponging off the glass for a monster block. And it?s great to see Timjr doing what he?s paid to do: knock down threes.

Broadway

All Star
Some of you guys have it all wrong. It’s called a lottery for a reason. So no matter how tickets you buy, you aren’t increasing your chances by a substantial amount. If you guy down to your corner store right now and buy a million $$$ worth of tickets to the midday drawing, you aren’t guaranteeing anything except you just spent a million $$$. If you look at the NBA draft over the years rarely does the best player in the draft get played picked 1st overall. The goat MJ wasn’t the top pick in his draft, I think Kenny Skywalker was. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. So you try to pick the best player at the position the “lottery” yields. Trust me there are plenty of Bulls fans and media that hate this tanking strategy because they don’t trust Gar/Pax like we don’t trust Perry. Bulls fans also remember that odds were against them getting the pick that turned into DRose. It’s a lottery people. Lottery.

You always leave out what draft position yields in terms of leverage/vulnerability. You never talk leverage/vulnerability ever(well really no one does here, except MAF) which proves to me you're always moving through a two way traffic tunnel with your eyes closed. Funny how you want to go back yrs with the trash Bulls example instead of looking what happened in more recent yrs. Starting with our own team we drafted #kporzee #4 received multiple offers to move down(#kporzee is a Top 3 player from that draft)...the same draft Danny Ainge admitted he offered too much to Jordan for pick #9 to move up into the lottery....

(Ainge drafted Rozier at 16, Kaminsky was drafted #9 but guess what wise guy Rozier was there at 9 too...although had Ainge moved up to #9 he could've drafted Devin Booker, oh my look at how the lottery works...the guy you could draft later was always there before but the guy you may really want is too high to reach...:rolling::rolling::rolling:) On the flipside maybe just maybe Jordan should've taken Ainge's offer because Charlotte sure does MEDIOCRITY better than the Knicks, almost as if it's a contest(insert VULNERABILITY)

Let's look at last yr's draft. Ainge gave up the #1 pick to move down 2 spots while scooping up another pick....grabbed the guy he always wanted because the higher you are the more a team can discern which teams ahead of them or below is going to draft which player(insert LEVERAGE).

Boston gets the No. 3 pick in Thursday's draft from Philadelphia, plus either a first-rounder in 2018 and 2019. If the Los Angeles Lakers hold a pick between No. 2 and No. 5 next season, Boston gets that one. If not, Philadelphia will send Boston either its own first-rounder in 2019 or Sacramento's first-rounder that year.

THINK

attachment.php

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Again, what more can be said than this: If during the Walsh-D?Antoni era those 2 would?ve accepted a rebuild, and went with kids instead of vets.... NYK would?ve won about 21-23 games instead of 25-27.... those 4 extra meaningless wins meant the entire difference and led to a decade of losing.

4 meaningless wins costs us Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry. We ended up with Danilo Gallinaro and Jordan Hill.

Imagine NYK right now with Dantoni, Westbrook and Curry!

This is what lottery is all about.

Also, the point is while other teams are run by smarter individuals, exhausting every avenue to success.... we have the same mediocre minds repeating the same mistakes.... and no wonder this rebuild is poised to enter year 18 of rebuild.