Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 7:30 3/19/2018 [Game #71]

jimkcchief88

All Star
You always leave out what draft position yields in terms of leverage/vulnerability. You never talk leverage/vulnerability ever(well really no one does here, except MAF) which proves to me you're always moving through a two way traffic tunnel with your eyes closed. Funny how you want to go back yrs with the trash Bulls example instead of looking what happened in more recent yrs. Starting with our own team we drafted #kporzee #4 received multiple offers to move down(#kporzee is a Top 3 player from that draft)...the same draft Danny Ainge admitted he offered too much to Jordan for pick #9 to move up into the lottery....

(Ainge drafted Rozier at 16, Kaminsky was drafted #9 but guess what wise guy Rozier was there at 9 too...although had Ainge moved up to #9 he could've drafted Devin Booker, oh my look at how the lottery works...the guy you could draft later was always there before but the guy you may really want is too high to reach...:rolling::rolling::rolling:) On the flipside maybe just maybe Jordan should've taken Ainge's offer because Charlotte sure does MEDIOCRITY better than the Knicks, almost as if it's a contest(insert VULNERABILITY)

Let's look at last yr's draft. Ainge gave up the #1 pick to move down 2 spots while scooping up another pick....grabbed the guy he always wanted because the higher you are the more a team can discern which teams ahead of them or below is going to draft which player(insert LEVERAGE).

THINK

attachment.php

I was wrong. It was Sam Bowie that went before Jordan in the 1984 NBA draft. Hakeem first, Bowie then Jordan. You can?t talk about the 1984 draft because I bet you weren?t even a twinkle in your daddies eye yet. And you want to talk about walking down a tunnel with your eyes closed??? How is your prediction that OKC wouldn?t even make the playoffs looking right now 😂

jimkcchief88

All Star
Again, what more can be said than this: If during the Walsh-D?Antoni era those 2 would?ve accepted a rebuild, and went with kids instead of vets.... NYK would?ve won about 21-23 games instead of 25-27.... those 4 extra meaningless wins meant the entire difference and led to a decade of losing.

4 meaningless wins costs us Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry. We ended up with Danilo Gallinaro and Jordan Hill.

Imagine NYK right now with Dantoni, Westbrook and Curry!

This is what lottery is all about.

Also, the point is while other teams are run by smarter individuals, exhausting every avenue to success.... we have the same mediocre minds repeating the same mistakes.... and no wonder this rebuild is poised to enter year 18 of rebuild.

That?s a nice ?what if? comic book you wrote there. There were plenty of guards on the board when Damphony picked his godson Danilo. I mean you re-wrote the season, lottery, the draft....can you re-write all the mistakes I made in my life too???

mafra

Legend
I was wrong. It was Sam Bowie that went before Jordan in the 1984 NBA draft. Hakeem first, Bowie then Jordan. You can?t talk about the 1984 draft because I bet you weren?t even a twinkle in your daddies eye yet. And you want to talk about walking down a tunnel with your eyes closed??? How is your prediction that OKC wouldn?t even make the playoffs looking right now 😂

Hard to blame POR tho, bc Bowie was a legit prospect and they already had cldye drexler at SG... Stockton went 16th!

And... no draft bust is worse than 1987 Knicks.... NY had 2 lottery picks and dealt both for journeymen vets, who wouldn?t even be on the roster come 1989. Everybody remembers this draft, for some odd reason, as a success (bc NY selected Mark Jax).... but, had they not traded their picks.... Knicks could?ve drafted Scottie Pippen and Reggie Miller.

How different are the 90s if NY had Ewing and Oakley and Pippen and Miller?

mafra

Legend
That?s a nice ?what if? comic book you wrote there. There were plenty of guards on the board when Damphony picked his godson Danilo. I mean you re-wrote the season, lottery, the draft....can you re-write all the mistakes I made in my life too???

Actually, it was the Jordan Hill pick that hurt more bc DeRozan went right after him. Taking Danilo over Eric Gordon wasn?t end of world, although imagine that.... plan b.... Gordon and DeRozan!

You?re missing the point anyway... it?s not revisionist history.... I cried about playing the vets in 2007, and it cost us Harden and Westbrook and Curry. Sure, we could?ve ended up with Gordon and DeRozan, but that?s still not the point.

It?s the job of the GM to do everything within rules to improve the roster. Our front office is main reason we have stunk for 20 years.

But, if fans get excited about beating a Chi team in mid March, when CHi plays a bunch of d-League types and Knicks are 20 games under .500... well, I guess we can live with mediocrity for another decade.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Actually, it was the Jordan Hill pick that hurt more bc DeRozan went right after him. Taking Danilo over Eric Gordon wasn?t end of world, although imagine that.... plan b.... Gordon and DeRozan!

You?re missing the point anyway... it?s not revisionist history.... I cried about playing the vets in 2007, and it cost us Harden and Westbrook and Curry. Sure, we could?ve ended up with Gordon and DeRozan, but that?s still not the point.

It?s the job of the GM to do everything within rules to improve the roster. Our front office is main reason we have stunk for 20 years.

But, if fans get excited about beating a Chi team in mid March, when CHi plays a bunch of d-League types and Knicks are 20 games under .500... well, I guess we can live with mediocrity for another decade.

It?s all a crapshoot...the lottery... the draft...it?s all a crapshoot...excuse me enjoying watching the Knicks beat the Bulls while wearing my Chicago vs NY t-shirt...like you said it was one meaningless game in March...the tank will roll on

mafra

Legend
It?s all a crapshoot...the lottery... the draft...it?s all a crapshoot...excuse me enjoying watching the Knicks beat the Bulls while wearing my Chicago vs NY t-shirt...like you said it was one meaningless game in March...the tank will roll on

That?s what irks me tho.... CHI was like 2-14 and then beat us 3 consecutive times.... then, fast forward 2 months and now CHI found themselves behind NYK and decided to bench their entire team... they came to NYK begging for a loss.

So, in essence, in accordance with their management?s wishes.... They ?won? by losing. I hate losing yo Bulls, and last night it felt like a loss, even tho we won. Make sense?

Broadway

All Star
I was wrong. It was Sam Bowie that went before Jordan in the 1984 NBA draft. Hakeem first, Bowie then Jordan. You can’t talk about the 1984 draft because I bet you weren’t even a twinkle in your daddies eye yet. And you want to talk about walking down a tunnel with your eyes closed??? How is your prediction that OKC wouldn’t even make the playoffs looking right now 

I did not say OKC wouldn't make the playoffs...I said at the time their playoff position wasn't solid

Broadway

All Star
That’s what irks me tho.... CHI was like 2-14 and then beat us 3 consecutive times.... then, fast forward 2 months and now CHI found themselves behind NYK and decided to bench their entire team... they came to NYK begging for a loss.

So, in essence, in accordance with their management’s wishes.... They “won” by losing. I hate losing yo Bulls, and last night it felt like a loss, even tho we won. Make sense?

If the lottery is a crap shoot then fans shouldn't have been pulling their hairs out when we were trading picks yr after yr in hopes to make the playoffs. Then again making the playoffs is a crapshoot when it comes to the Knicks

Fans are some of the biggest hypocrites around and primarily live for the moment but as the saying goes "tomorrow" is gonna come. We'll hear the lamenting then for sure

tiger0330

Legend
I did not say OKC wouldn't make the playoffs...I said at the time their playoff position wasn't solid
OKC just lost a heart breaker up in BOS 100-99 on a late 3 by Morris. OKC playing well so I'll say they make the playoffs despite having the toughest schedule in the NBA. Brewer has been big for them and he's in their starting lineup now but its not the Big 3 but the Big 2 Russ and Adams that have been bigger lately.

Broadway

All Star
OKC just lost a heart breaker up in BOS 100-99 on a late 3 by Morris. OKC playing well so I'll say they make the playoffs despite having the toughest schedule in the NBA. Brewer has been big for them and he's in their starting lineup now but its not the Big 3 but the Big 2 Russ and Adams that have been bigger lately.

Let's keep it real they are 2gms back of an 8th seed and I believe they own tie breaker over Jazz but not over the Pelicans/Wolves...could possibly over Spurs who they have left to play along with a few other tough opponents to close out the yr. Got beat by a rag tag Boston team. OKC is nothing but a paper champ sucka team. If they end up as an 8th or 7th seed you might as well say they didn't make the playoffs. They aren't making it past the GSW nor Rockets in the 1st round.

Fans place too much stock into making the playoffs as some great accomplishment, this isn't the NCAA where you could get lucky advancing on some 1 and done crap. It matters what kind of team you have and with OKC this would be a major fail

lol @ Fat Head Melo choking the game away at the free throw line

Last edited: