202683.png
203954.png

203501.png
200755.png

203504.png
1627732.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksPhiladelphia 76ers
Ron Baker - Right Shoulder Injury (OUT)Justin Anderson - Right ankle soreness (OUT)
Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)Timoth? Luwawu-Cabarrot - Right knee patellar tendinitis (OUT)
Joakim Noah - Personal Reasons (NWT)-
Kyle O?Quinn - Strained Left Hip (OUT)-
Courtney Lee - Left Midfoot Inflammation (QUEST)-
Damyean Dotson - Sprained Right Mid Foot (QUEST)-

Game Preview

As if the Philadelphia 76ers needed to add any more fuel to their raging fire heading into their Wednesday night home matchup with the Knicks at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center, the return of No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is giving a jumpstart to a team that hardly appears to need it.

The 76ers have won seven straight, including a 123-104 win over Denver on Monday night that proved only a taste of what Fultz can provide as he returned from a 68-game layoff after rebuilding his shot.

On a night in which they outscored the Nuggets, 72-45, in the second half, Fultz drew the biggest roars on the team as he contributed 10 points and eight assists in 14 minutes on the bench. Recovering from an air-ball on his first attempt, Fultz worked well in the paint, hit from deep and flashed some of the potential that landed him at the top of the draft before one of the strangest stretches for a top prospect in league history.

"He gives us another great pace," Philadelphia center Joel Embiid said. "He can find ways to score and also set guys up. You could tell by his eight assists tonight in 14 minutes. That's big time. That's what we need him to do -- score the ball, get guys involved, and create."

Fultz's return surprised even the 76ers, who seemed prepared to let him work his way back until he felt comfortable.

"We're not sure when it happened or how it happened, but it happened," 76ers president Bryan Colangelo told reporters on Monday. "What we've seen is a hard-working young man and a hard-working staff that's done everything possible to get him ready for this moment, to get him back out on the court and do what he loves to do -- play basketball."

For 76ers head coach Brett Brown, adding Fultz to a backcourt that includes impressive rookie point guard Ben Simmons, who already has claimed the No. 2 spot for triple-doubles by a rookie, and veterans T.J. McConnell and Jerryd Bayless, he's got more variety than a candy store.

"Just look at what he's been through," Brown said. "It's ridiculous what he's been through. He understands it. I understand it. That's the scrutiny you get when somebody says, 'And with the first pick in the 2017 NBA draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select Markelle Fultz.' That comes with pressures and responsibilities and acknowledgements. It's just such an atypical way anybody enters pro sports. Knowing what I know and seeing what I've seen and understanding how special that kid is from a human being standpoint, it's a good day."

If the 76ers have found a major addition late in the season, so too have the Knicks. Guard Trey Burke, who was plucked from New York's G-League squad in January, had 42 points on Monday in a 137-128 overtime loss to Charlotte.

"I want to get somewhere comfortable and want to get somewhere to be there for a long run. I really believe New York is a place like that for me," Burke said.

(CBSSports / STATS)

tiger0330

Legend
Trey starting. CLee out with inflamed foot, Sixers could still move up in the EC so they're not resting anybody. Might be a blowout tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
Kanter goes up to dunk on a fast break off a steal and his country man Ilyasova decks him from behind. He was down for a while but he got up to shoot his freebies. Embiid is out for the rest of the game but no concussion.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Great hustle play by Saric, him and LT chasing a loose ball, he dives and beats Lance to the ball to poke the ball ahead to Simmons who slams home a dunk. Sixers only up by 4 at the half 67-63 when they were up by 14 before Embiid went out.

mafra

Legend
3 points and 1 assist for Knits in 25 minutes? I hope he?s tanking bc those are some paultry numbers... a pedestrian performance, according to the box score.

jimkcchief88

All Star
3 points and 1 assist for Knits in 25 minutes? I hope he?s tanking bc those are some paultry numbers... a pedestrian performance, according to the box score.

You hate to call a 19 year old a bust but Frank must be compared to his contemporaries. Lebron was right that we should have grabbed Dennis Smith Jr and we won?t even discuss Donovan Mitchell. Fail-Jackson?s stench hangs over this franchise but Team-tank wants more lottery picks. Just like an alcoholic needs more alcohol and more guns will make our streets safer...

tiger0330

Legend
You hate to call a 19 year old a bust but Frank must be compared to his contemporaries. Lebron was right that we should have grabbed Dennis Smith Jr and we won’t even discuss Donovan Mitchell. Fail-Jackson’s stench hangs over this franchise but Team-tank wants more lottery picks. Just like an alcoholic needs more alcohol and more guns will make our streets safer...
Definitely should have never been selected at 8. Putting up worse numbers than Grant and Shump in their rookie seasons.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 13

Broadway

All Star
This is just a sample size of why I want these two to be our back court of the future. For the record no one talks of Mudiay's defense, he has improved a lot. Once again he has more stls and blks than THJR/Burke/Knits since joining the team

paris401

Starter
Bellinelli is going to be a good pickup for the Sixers, him and Redick deadeye snipers and 90% FT shooters.

i agree... being on the east coast never saw reddick all that much, n when i did see him, not overly impressed with his shooting.. but since he moved to phila, have seen him more, n he is as u say a 'deadeye sniper'... they have a nice little team down the turnpike

jimkcchief88

All Star
This is just a sample size of why I want these two to be our back court of the future. For the record no one talks of Mudiay's defense, he has improved a lot. Once again he has more stls and blks than THJR/Burke/Knits since joining the team

The problem is the league has changed since the ward/childs/g.anthony era defensive guards aren?t lottery picks. You have to be able to play both ends of the floor.

Broadway

All Star
The problem is the league has changed since the ward/childs/g.anthony era defensive guards aren?t lottery picks. You have to be able to play both ends of the floor.

I think they both can make the necessary improvements but #kporzee/THJR/Vet/Young Prospect probably will take up the bulk of the scoring

Kiyaman

Legend

Ben Simmons defensive performance has been more outstanding than his offensive performance .. that's why Simmons all-around performance were pick 1 in the draft plus are hands down on receiving the ROY !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think they both can make the necessary improvements but #kporzee/THJR/Vet/Young Prospect probably will take up the bulk of the scoring

Both need shooting coaches to fix their broken jumpers. Nits doesn?t even look for his shot he?s not offensive minded so his defender gets the night off. Frank was just overdrafted at 8 pjax screwed us with a French project player should have known better(insert Fredric Weiss)

pat

Starter
The problem is the league has changed since the ward/childs/g.anthony era defensive guards aren’t lottery picks. You have to be able to play both ends of the floor.
He will be. Give him time to adjust. Just look at Nowitzki's rookie season. People in Milwaukee were rubbing their hands for trading picks with Dallas and drafting Tractor Traylor.