202696.png
203124.png

1628411.png
203504.png

201571.png
203501.png

Injury Report

Orlando MagicNew York Knicks
Evan Fournier ? Sprained left knee (MCL) (OUT)Courtney Lee - Left Midfoot Inflammation Questionable (QUEST)
Terrence Ross ? sprained right MCL, right tibial plateau (OUT)Joakim Noah - Personal reasons (NWT)
Jonathon Simmons ? Right wrist contusion (OUT)Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)
-Ron Baker - Right shoulder injury (OUT)
-Enes Kanter - Sore Lower Back & Right Wrist (DOUBT)
-Frank Ntilikina - Illness (QUEST)
-Kyle O?Quinn - Strained Left Hip (PROB)
-Michael Beasley - Illness (PROB)
-Troy Williams - Fractured Jaw (OUT)

Game Preview

After losing three straight -- and allowing 115 points or more in each game -- and five of their last six, the New York Knicks welcome one of the worst offenses in the league to Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night as the Orlando Magic bring their 21st-ranked offense to town.

The once-flying-Magic -- who opened the season with seven straight games of 113 or more points in a 5-2 start -- have hit that number just once in the last month as they've gone 3-11.

The Knicks appear to be catching the offensively challenged Magic at just the right time, too: Orlando has scored 170 total points in its last two games, a 90-82 loss to Chicago and a 94-88 loss at Atlanta.

That 170-point two-game total is the team's second-worst of the season, coming just two weeks after their worst skid, when they scored 169 points in losses to Boston and Toronto.

That was against the top two teams in the Eastern Conference. The team's current slide has happened to the likes of Chicago and Atlanta, two of the three other teams vying for the worst record in the conference.

"Our offense, obviously, hasn't been at its best lately," said Orlando center and third-leading scorer Nikola Vucevic, after the team's 111-104 loss to the Brooklyn Nets last Thursday. "We are missing some guys that are a big part of our offense. We've just got to find our rhythm back."

The Knicks' defense, of course, needs all the help it can get.

New York is coming off a 115-109 home loss to the Detroit Pistons on Saturday, a day in which all five Pistons starters scored in double-figures, led by Andre Drummond's 22 points. The Knicks had little to counter with, despite a game-high 32 points from Michael Beasley.

"The defensive intensity, I thought, dropped right there," Jeff Hornacek said of a third-quarter 11-0 run that put Detroit up four. "They made a couple shots, but then it was making adjustments when the guys were coming in when they shouldn't. That happened a couple times late in the game. They had good intentions to help but that was probably not the right time to help and they got a couple kick-out threes."

That loss, together with a 118-101 loss at Philadelphia on Wednesday and a 137-128 overtime loss at Charlotte on Monday, mark the third time this season that New York has allowed 370 or more points in a three-game stretch.

After the matchup, the Knicks remain at Madison Garden for three more games -- Friday against the Miami Heat, Saturday against the Milwaukee Bucks, Monday against the Cleveland Cavaliers -- before traveling to Cleveland for their final game of the season.

The Magic return home in a hurry for their last home stand of the season, with the Dallas Mavericks in town on Wednesday and the Charlotte Hornets visiting on Friday. Orlando then heads on the road for two before heading back home next Wednesday against the Washington Wizards.

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. 5 left, this game is the most winnable for the boys. Next 4 are with playoff teams. Isaacs is out with a sprained ankle, Nits has been healthy when it looked like he might be like Isaacs early in the season when we were calling him Fragile Frank. Knicks are banged up Kanter and Williams out, Williams gone for the rest of the season and I don't see any reason to play Kanter but he's a warrior so he might go

tiger0330

Legend
Nice layup by Nits. Crossover to sidestep the defender and the bucket every once in a while you see an NBA handle from the kid. Follows up with a hustle play diving to the floor for a loose ball, first time I've seen him do that. Now if he can get that jumper to fall this summer we may have something.

tiger0330

Legend
Magic up 46-45 at the half. You can see why Horn benches Kanter despite him being a monster inside, Quinn is just a better defender, 4 blocks and 9 RBs along with 8 pts. Nits only 1-4 but with what Breen called moments of brilliance by the kid with a razzle dazzle layup by him.

mafra

Legend
This team is terrible... Yuu can?t give Kanter a big payday... I like him but not at 15-20 mil per year... we can only hope the kids improve.

We might jump CHI tonight. Small victories.

tiger0330

Legend
This team is terrible... Yuu can’t give Kanter a big payday... I like him but not at 15-20 mil per year... we can only hope the kids improve.

Worst game of the season, getting trounced by the Magic. They had this stinker w/o Kanter in the lineup, he's one of the few NBA players on this roster, they paid Noah 17M I'd give Kanter 15M. Nits made one play the whole game, he still looks overmatched. Listening to Wally now and he says Frank will never be the man on any team, complementary player at best, he just doesn't have the tools like I've been saying all season.

tiger0330

Legend
Bulls win. Here is where the tank stands with the CHI win. Not impossible that we may finish higher than 8 with 4 losses against playoff teams looming the next 4.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 15

Broadway

All Star
This team is terrible... Yuu can’t give Kanter a big payday... I like him but not at 15-20 mil per year... we can only hope the kids improve.

I never was sold on Kanter and I'm not sold on THJR either. This team is awful, downright putrid. Sent Frank and Mudiay another snarky Twitter msg and I do not care. Ironically they haven't blocked me, because they know I'm speaking pure facts/truths. I have no idea how we won those 3gms last month, none at all. We are truly the worst team in the NBA, I honestly believe this

Never liked the Knits pick but tried to embrace and accept. The most frustrating aspect in all of this is how well some of these rookies are playing down the stretch including

Jackson
Markannen
Kuzma
DSJ
Mitchell
Bogdanovic
Fultz(yes even broken shot mystery)
Monk(yes even Monk is now playing like he has a pulse)

mafra

Legend
KP era in NY will be torpedoed if we fail this draft. As it is, selecting Frank over Mitchell may be too much to overcome....

This is why you work a guy out, bring him in vs other prospects and see how he competes... I?ll reserve judgement until next Spring, but Knits looks nothing more than a bench rotation defensive guard. And, mostly I think this bc of his passive character... Shump is probably his ceiling.

Knicks need to strike it big this draft, and hit with both lottery and second rounder...
If not, time to trade KP and start over.

Anyway, I have no faith in Dolan, Mills, Houston, Perry and I would bet a lot of money we don?t make it to a conference finals until 2030s...

mafra

Legend
Worst game of the season, getting trounced by the Magic. They had this stinker w/o Kanter in the lineup, he's one of the few NBA players on this roster, they paid Noah 17M I'd give Kanter 15M. Nits made one play the whole game, he still looks overmatched. Listening to Wally now and he says Frank will never be the man on any team, complementary player at best, he just doesn't have the tools like I've been saying all season.

Don?t compound a problem by repeating it... I wouldn?t pay Kanter more than 8-10 mil per for 3-4 years. Kanter is a leader who cares but he?s not a player you win with. It?s time we sink or swim... enough of this ?serviceable? bodies who post stats... Hicks can do what Kanter has done for us... at least impact W/L in same manner. And cost us 20 mil less...

Read this:

https://thefrontofficeeye.com/2018/04/02/enes-kanters-actual-impact/

Broadway

All Star
KP era in NY will be torpedoed if we fail this draft. As it is, selecting Frank over Mitchell may be too much to overcome....

This is why you work a guy out, bring him in vs other prospects and see how he competes... I’ll reserve judgement until next Spring, but Knits looks nothing more than a bench rotation defensive guard. And, mostly I think this bc of his passive character... Shump is probably his ceiling.

Knicks need to strike it big this draft, and hit with both lottery and second rounder...
If not, time to trade KP and start over.

Anyway, I have no faith in Dolan, Mills, Houston, Perry and I would bet a lot of money we don’t make it to a conference finals until 2030s...

Problem with workouts sometimes are agents controlling the environment...Many of them pick and choose how workouts go, especially the higher the prospect.

As fas as trusting this front office yeah I understand it's 100% valid

We worked out DM at least 2 times, I think 3 in total and still passed and wouldn't work out DSJ because we wanted to get a technical sketchy with his medical but can barely keep Knits from breaking his fragile body all season. We're a parody-caricature-mockery of a front office

mafra

Legend
We cut rookie Artis and there he was in an ORL uni tonight raining 16 on our heads. Our lottery pick?s season high is 15.

You want to get excited for the offseason but what?s the point? Another 50 loss season is on the horizon next year... and the year after that...

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Is THJ part of our future, the guy is supposed to be a good shooter.... what is the matter with him? 1of 7 from 3 point line? he show up one game then sleep for 10 games.....

Kiyaman

Legend
Is THJ part of our future, the guy is supposed to be a good shooter.... what is the matter with him? 1of 7 from 3 point line? he show up one game then sleep for 10 games.....

The Knicks signing THJ were stupid is what stupid does move .. and the contract was insane !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
We cut rookie Artis and there he was in an ORL uni tonight raining 16 on our heads. Our lottery pick?s season high is 15.

You want to get excited for the offseason but what?s the point? Another 50 loss season is on the horizon next year... and the year after that...

Even ?team-tank? can?t defend last nights effort. And it?s finally sinking in that pjax blew last years? ?lottery? pick.