Lebron to NYC???

Kiyaman

Legend
I guess getting Lebron will be the only way Headcoach Hornacek will have a winning season !!!

Well .. I hate to change the subject ..
The Knicks are in dire need of a winning headcoach having some experience in developing college level players into winning NBA level players .. Mark Jackson !!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Please no, lets have our own guys growing and developing together, no need to repeat the Melo trade...

Mike1989

Rookie
Please no, lets have our own guys growing and developing together, no need to repeat the Melo trade...

The difference this time around would be LeBron would join us as a free agent, so we wouldn't be handicapping ourselves by giving up draft picks like we did with Melo. Unless of course we decided to try and put together a trade package to acquire another all star caliber player. However, if we did have a healthy KP, adding LeBron to our existing roster could be a real positive for this team and help it turn a corner. Perhaps LeBron could come here and help bring a title back to New York? And if he did that, perhaps that winning mentality would rub off on KP and co, so they could carry the torch when LeBron either retires or leaves?

His addition could be a real positive. However, the issue in our case is that KP will miss a fair portion of next season. Would LeBron still want to join this team and bank his remaining prime years on a player that has just suffered a major injury? I'm not sure. We still don't know how KP will comeback from his injury. We've seen players bounce back from injuries, but we've also seen them succumb to repeat injuries (e.g. Jabari Parker) and others not returning the same guy. So there would be some risk on LeBron's part if he did decide to join us, but if KP came back stronger than ever, then there is appeal for LeBron coming here. However, I doubt he would consider joining us if he departs Cleveland. Realistically the only team in the east that I can see having a chance at LeBron is Philly. They have the cap space to sign him and I'm sure they would love to form a big three of Simmons, Lebron and Embiid. They also have Fultz on their roster who has a ton of talent if he can fix that jumper, Saric has proven himself to be a good stretch four, Covington is a solid all round forward, and they can fill out some of their bench with rookies because they've got at least two first round picks in the coming draft. I'm not convinced a trip out west would be best for him because of the Rockets and Warriors presence, unless of course he wants the challenge of getting past them in the play offs (?). For me, LeBron stays in Cleveland or joins Philly, but I wouldn't be against him joining us.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not that Lebron was coming anyway, but maybe we would have a snowballs chance if we hadn?t blown last years lottery pick. Lebron literally scolded us for not grabbing DSjr and we won?t even mention Donavan Mitchell. We don?t even have a competent head coach and our cap situation is so bad we couldn?t afford Lebron if he wanted to come. What a mess this franchise is joke of the league if you ask me. A major market that should be a destination is now avoided like the plague because of bad ownership. Cash out and sell the team Dolan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Old news but please look over the Melotrade again and honestly evaluate who we gave up. I think the only player we gave up who is still in the league is Gallinari and hasn?t helped Denver at all so....

The Dragon

Benchwarmer

Its not only giving up assets, it is changing the culture of the team, we need a franchise player(s) which we draft or acquire and develop, if we get a superstar it will be a loaner, he will think of moving out the next year if he didn't like it for some reason, or found better opportunity to win a ring somewhere else. the other thing is the bad situation we put ourselves in to acquire such talent, we block our cap space and we surrender picks for the coming 100 years and we are stuck with somebody who can move any day cause he has no loyalty to the city at all..... if you continue to acquire draft picks and work better in drafting, that is a grantee you will end up with talent, we tried the superstar route (Amare then Melo) and that didn't work at all because the surrounding cast kept changing every year. when you have a superstar you want to please him and make him stay, so you do a lot of changes hoping you will get the best team, but that will not happen because you have no chemistry and because all of them do not belong....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Its not only giving up assets, it is changing the culture of the team, we need a franchise player(s) which we draft or acquire and develop, if we get a superstar it will be a loaner, he will think of moving out the next year if he didn't like it for some reason, or found better opportunity to win a ring somewhere else. the other thing is the bad situation we put ourselves in to acquire such talent, we block our cap space and we surrender picks for the coming 100 years and we are stuck with somebody who can move any day cause he has no loyalty to the city at all..... if you continue to acquire draft picks and work better in drafting, that is a grantee you will end up with talent, we tried the superstar route (Amare then Melo) and that didn't work at all because the surrounding cast kept changing every year. when you have a superstar you want to please him and make him stay, so you do a lot of changes hoping you will get the best team, but that will not happen because you have no chemistry and because all of them do not belong....

It?s ok because no (super)star would want to play for this sorry franchise anyway:(

Kiyaman

Legend
Old news but please look over the Melotrade again and honestly evaluate who we gave up. I think the only player we gave up who is still in the league is Gallinari and hasn?t helped Denver at all so....

We gave up a multi-position player (SG SF PF) Wilson Chandler who was 10 times better than Gallinari, and a 100 times more team oriented than Melo.
Will Denver Nuggets Jokic Milsap n Chandler make the playoffs this season?
Nuggets n Wolves are tied for the 8th seed in the West.

jimkcchief88

All Star
We gave up a multi-position player (SG SF PF) Wilson Chandler who was 10 times better than Gallinari, and a 100 times more team oriented than Melo.
Will Denver Nuggets Jokic Milsap n Chandler make the playoffs this season?
Nuggets n Wolves are tied for the 8th seed in the West.

Personally I would rather see the Wolves

Kiyaman

Legend
The difference this time around would be LeBron would join us as a free agent, so we wouldn't be handicapping ourselves by giving up draft picks like we did with Melo. Unless of course we decided to try and put together a trade package to acquire another all star caliber player. However, if we did have a healthy KP, adding LeBron to our existing roster could be a real positive for this team and help it turn a corner. Perhaps LeBron could come here and help bring a title back to New York? And if he did that, perhaps that winning mentality would rub off on KP and co, so they could carry the torch when LeBron either retires or leaves?

His addition could be a real positive. However, the issue in our case is that KP will miss a fair portion of next season. Would LeBron still want to join this team and bank his remaining prime years on a player that has just suffered a major injury? I'm not sure. We still don't know how KP will comeback from his injury. We've seen players bounce back from injuries, but we've also seen them succumb to repeat injuries (e.g. Jabari Parker) and others not returning the same guy. So there would be some risk on LeBron's part if he did decide to join us, but if KP came back stronger than ever, then there is appeal for LeBron coming here. However, I doubt he would consider joining us if he departs Cleveland. Realistically the only team in the east that I can see having a chance at LeBron is Philly. They have the cap space to sign him and I'm sure they would love to form a big three of Simmons, Lebron and Embiid. They also have Fultz on their roster who has a ton of talent if he can fix that jumper, Saric has proven himself to be a good stretch four, Covington is a solid all round forward, and they can fill out some of their bench with rookies because they've got at least two first round picks in the coming draft. I'm not convinced a trip out west would be best for him because of the Rockets and Warriors presence, unless of course he wants the challenge of getting past them in the play offs (?). For me, LeBron stays in Cleveland or joins Philly, but I wouldn't be against him joining us.

You are right bout the only team in the East that LeBron will sign with in the offseason are the Philly 76ers.
It took LeBron 2 seasons of hard work to get Love n Kyrie physical n mentally prepared to perform in postseason games .. LeBron will be looking for a postseason team to take to the Finals!
The Knicks are not a ppstseason team nor does the Knicks have any star players on their roster .. its bad when fans mention the low b.ball IQ KP as a knicks future star when KP are still an underachieving project for the 82 regular season games .. KP hit the WALL in each of the 3 seasons in the NBA.

Not making this up. Read a story online just now that says we are a ?likely? destination for Lebron in free agency, according to Reggie Miller. He says all it would take is us also signing Paul George and Chris Paul. I?m going to just lay down and die now.

tiger0330

Legend
Not making this up. Read a story online just now that says we are a “likely” destination for Lebron in free agency, according to Reggie Miller. He says all it would take is us also signing Paul George and Chris Paul. I’m going to just lay down and die now.
Just like the Decision everyone's got an opinion. KMart thinks he's coming to the Knicks to cement his legacy that he can turn around a losing franchise like the Knicks. Gary Payton said he's going to LA because his son wants to play HS ball there. ESPN wrote an article about how the Rox could acquire him. I don't think he knows himself yet.

mafra

Legend
I think all of us who post regularly here have a greater shot starting for Knicks come Nov, than LJ being here...

Now, Irving is a legit candidate to join us, given his ties to the area and desire to do something that nobody has done since 1973... bring a title to MSG.

Kyrie saw firsthand how LJ brought a title home to CLE... I guarantee you his thoughts during that championship parade was imaging himself rolling down the canyon of heroes in NYC.

Broadway

All Star
I believe Lebron knows where he wants to play but I think he'll allow room for teams to confirm or change his decision

mafra

Legend
From Deadspin:

Welcome back to LeBronWatch, your source for the most premium inside information on LeBron James?s next destination. He who crowned himself ?King of New York? last November may soon be making that a reality. Don?t take it from us?take it from a man who has been somewhat recently employed by the New York Knicks. Kenyon Martin, who suited up in the blue and orange as recently as 2014 and whose son is slated to attend the high school that LeBron Jr. is absolutely, definitely attending, said on CBS radio last week that the best basketball player in the world is headed to the Big Apple. And Paul George will be joining him there, too, Martin said on the air:

The way he approaches things, the way he wants his legacy to be, I think, coming to a franchise that hasn?t done anything as of late. You know, last time they went to the Finals was ?99, last time they won it was ?73. You know what I?m saying. So it?s like, just imagine for him, to come here, and that?make a deep playoff run, to not even win it right away. Just make a deep playoff run. Make the playoffs. Have a shot at making the playoffs, with the Knicks. Yeah you know what I?m saying? Yeah but, yeah but, a guy like him and Paul George teaming up been coming up a lot. I think that?s, with [David] Fiz[dale] being the coach now, that?s a viable option.

tiger0330

Legend
If anyone should know it's DWade who said on Fox radio that Lebrons decision this go around is going to be about family and lifestyle and not about basketball. That says L.A.or CLE making that story that his son is going to Sierra Canyon HS in L.A. more important.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Lebron James 2018 off-season Decision ???

If anyone should know it's DWade who said on Fox radio that Lebrons decision this go around is going to be about family and lifestyle and not about basketball. That says L.A.or CLE making that story that his son is going to Sierra Canyon HS in L.A. more important.

The Lebron Decision ???
Wow! Lebron - Lebron Decision in the 2018 off-season could turn the tables on both conference !!!
To think .. Lebron making a decision to re-locate on family-affairs ???

The way the Cavs traded half the team on the Feb. Dead-Line .. and still made it to the FINALS!
Says lots bout Lebron status !!!

Will Lebron leave the Cavs to go to the next-team ???
Will Lebron teammate-up next season with one of the top-5 NBA Free-Agents (Cousins? Paul George? Reddick? Marcus Smart? Julius Randle?) ???
Or will Lebron teammate-up next season with one of the Top-10 likely star players being traded in the off-season (Kawhi? Dennis Schroder? CJ McCollum? Kemba Walker? Nikola Vucevic? Jonas Valanciunas? Reggie Jackson? Kenneth Faried? Wilson Chandler? and/or Carmelo Anthony?) ???