Game thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 8:00 4/11/2018 [Game #82]

tiger0330

Legend
Wiggins shooting 64% FT line has a chance to ice it. He makes both his FTs to give them a 110-106 lead with 14secs left.

tiger0330

Legend
Wolves going to the playoffs. Props to Butler coming back from knee surgery to score 31 pts. He's a difference maker, they don't have a chance against the Rox but they're in the post season

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 14

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't see the game watching an exciting Twolves game but Frank had another nice night along with Kornet and Dotson. Knicks are in a nice place to develop their players with their GLeague squad so close to the Knicks Westchester training facilities. I would love to see the Knicks put together a training plan for the young guys including strength training, pickup games, and hire some good developmental coaches.

tiger0330

Legend
9th in the tank battle. I think Mikal Bridges will go sooner but if he's there he's my guy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 14

mafra

Legend
Yeah! Our kids beat a bunch of nobody Cavs... Perentes, Holland, Osman al logged over 30 minutes. Meanwhile, we throw out Beasley and Jack....

2 wins sent NYK from 6th to 9th.... we shall see how costly it was for NY to be the only team in the top 10 (Ls) to not employ the tank... all the rest of the 9 top losers sat everybody and tried their best to be worst.... Knicks never rested anybody, even the final game.

Time will tell how debilitating or how meaningless it was to fight our darndest to reach 29 wins.

Fortunately this is a deep class and we suck at making choices... so maybe scooping up whatever scrap remains might help us.

But... 4 wins costs us Donic and Bagley.

If we?re smart... we move up this draft.

mafra

Legend
At 9, Bridges, Carter, Sexton and Knox are the most likely tier of players remaining. Very good chance 3 or all 4 are still on the board.

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley:

?Knicks (29-53) have lost at least 50 games in 4 straight seasons & have reached that mark 9 times since the 2000-2001 season. NYK has the worst winning percentage (41.4%) in the NBA since 2000-2001 among franchises that have played in each of those seasons, per ESPN Stats & Info?

Broadway

All Star
Yeah! Our kids beat a bunch of nobody Cavs... Perentes, Holland, Osman al logged over 30 minutes. Meanwhile, we throw out Beasley and Jack....

2 wins sent NYK from 6th to 9th.... we shall see how costly it was for NY to be the only team in the top 10 (Ls) to not employ the tank... all the rest of the 9 top losers sat everybody and tried their best to be worst.... Knicks never rested anybody, even the final game.

Time will tell how debilitating or how meaningless it was to fight our darndest to reach 29 wins.

Fortunately this is a deep class and we suck at making choices... so maybe scooping up whatever scrap remains might help us.

But... 4 wins costs us Donic and Bagley.

If we’re smart... we move up this draft.

These wins were devastating down the stretch. A complete inept franchise in every since. We operate with absolute zero foresight...meanwhile Fultz delivers a Trip Dip off the bench. He can improve right?

I felt he was the best guard in this past draft and I stand by that. This underscores how much our young players need to improve because Philly still has a couple players under 21 who can get so much better.

Keep in mind the playoff and lottery formats are soon to change. We have other teams in the East picking before us most likely and another who's in the playoffs the same.

You have Devin Booker on record saying this is probably his last yr missing the playoffs. They're going to be a hungry team next yr and they'll have 3 1st rd picks this summer all Top 20. The Bulls will have 2 1st this summer Top 20. Philly has a pick right after us plus another 1st inside Top 25. The Hawks have 2 other 1st rounders beside their Top 5 pick. The Clippers have 2 1st rounders both Top 14

Are you guys keeping up here?

Our best young player will miss all of next yr. Even with getting a prospect like Mikal or Sexton or Young...not enough by themselves. How dumb can we be winning these games down the stretch knowing our set of circumstances.

We may need to use the move down approach this yr to grab multiple picks...maybe look at Atlanta and Philly as trade partners. I'd trade #9 for #18/30/33 or obviously #9 for #10/23. Philly has 4 2nd rounders btw...no way they can keep them all and not enough foreigners in this draft to stash. They'll want to trade the assets as they are young enough already with roster spots filled and will look to make another leap next yr. There are players who will be there later in the draft as good as those just inside/outside the lottery. I'll touch on who I think they are soon enough

I'll probably move some of these points to the Draft Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knits/Burke tandem needs a same-page coach next season to be winners.
I'm hoping Troy Williams be healthy and in good shape to be our SF in a lineup alongside Knits/Burke.
I wanted Hicks to receive 5 times the amount of playing-time he received in our last 15 games of this season.
In our last Knicks 20 to 15 games I was hoping coach Horn could get the players to perform on the same-page on at least one side of the court, but that was like hoping to hit the million dollar Lottery.

Throughout the Knicks season their were times I thought we had a Knicks winning bench lineup in
Cemter Quinn
PF WHG or Hicks
SF Mcderm or Beasley
SG Knits
PG Burke
If only coach Horn would have been consistent with the bench lineups on the court, instead of experimenting every game having different lineups or a different rotation from the previous game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I?m glad the T-Wolves made it instead of Denver. I used to like Denver and their uniforms back in the Alex English days. I moved to Denver and saw KKK rallies on the steps of the Capital building and the city?s treatment of Chris Jackson( mac-moud-Rauf)sp? I root against all of Denver?s teams. Plus all you guys act like we got screwed by Denver in the Melo trade. Not. We gave up nothing and got an all-star in his prime(Melo). So screw Denver ha and congrats to Jimmy, KAT, and Thibbs.:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
And haha team-tank. That?s what you get for rooting for your own team to lose forgetting the spirit competition. Nobody should want to lose anything especially a basketball game. Just get the best player you can the spot you get. It?s a ?lottery? people. Maybe Adam Silver will rig it for us like was done for Chicago(D Rose). Otherwise ROY Donavan Mitchell overrules all over posting arguments(Broadway).

Kiyaman

Legend
I’m glad the T-Wolves made it instead of Denver. I used to like Denver and their uniforms back in the Alex English days. I moved to Denver and saw KKK rallies on the steps of the Capital building and the city’s treatment of Chris Jackson( mac-moud-Rauf)sp? I root against all of Denver’s teams. Plus all you guys act like we got screwed by Denver in the Melo trade. Not. We gave up nothing and got an all-star in his prime(Melo). So screw Denver ha and congrats to Jimmy, KAT, and Thibbs.:)

You are so right .. there are a lot of states in the USA where Black Folks are showed daily they are not wanted by the so-call people government in those states.

However we were SCREWED in the Melo trade deal in 2011, because the best part of the Melo trade were the Knicks receiving HOF PG (Last Shot) Chauncey Billups who should have retired as a Knicks.
The Knicks were in dire need of Billups locker-room and court team-Leadership to keep ball-Hogging Iso-Melo at bay.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who will the Cavs - Lebron select at the 8th pick in the 2018 draft?
9 out of 10 Lebron will select a high scoring athletic PG .. Villanova Brunson!

The Knicks need a young athletic PF or SF out of the 2018 draft.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Who will the Cavs - Lebron select at the 8th pick in the 2018 draft?
9 out of 10 Lebron will select a high scoring athletic PG .. Villanova Brunson!

The Knicks need a young athletic PF or SF out of the 2018 draft.

Kevin Knox from Kentucky should be sitting there for us. I don?t think Mike Porterjr will fall that far. But if Knicks stay true to form it will be another Euro-project whose name none of us can pronounce:(