Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Daily News are reporting Knicks are interested in Jay Wright of Villanova for the same reason I said that he would be a good fit for a young developing team. It's a long shot, he's making 2.4M as the Villanova coach, Knicks would have to pay him a kings ransom to leave Villanova for the uncertainty of the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3929914
    No way if I am Jay Wright am even entertaining taking the worst job in the NBA. Villanova is a blue blood NCAA program. 2 titles in 3 years, not under NCAA/FBI investigation, and Villinova recruits actually stay 3-4 years, not 1 done. Jay Wright can coach Villinova until he retires.

12th man

Didn't get to see her much at MSG but Horns daughter is stunning.

Veteran

Interesting, he should be in our mix to be honest

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Interesting, he should be in our mix to be honest

I thought Coach Bud was safe in ATL since they stripped him of all their players. My guess is it's his decision to move on, with the Suns further ahead in the rebuilding process than the Hawks, he also relinquished the President title last year.

I'd look at anyone from the Spurs and Pops coaching tree.

I think he’s from PHO...

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I thought Coach Bud was safe in ATL since they stripped him of all their players. My guess is it's his decision to move on, with the Suns further ahead in the rebuilding process than the Hawks, he also relinquished the President title last year.

I'd look at anyone from the Spurs and Pops coaching tree.
    Clifford was fired by the Hornets so there you go, we should give him an interview too. He had a tough situation there, although guided them to the playoffs a couple yrs

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Clifford was fired by the Hornets so there you go, we should give him an interview too. He had a tough situation there, although guided them to the playoffs a couple yrs
    Vogel also should get a shot, he threw his name back in the Knicks hat and Perry was involved in hiring him in ORL. I wouldn't hire Vogel but he's in Perry's circle of friends.

12th man

I said Fizdale, JVG and Jay Wright my top picks for the new coach. This guy has them as his top 3 of 11. Mark Jackson is #7.

3. Jay Wright
    Why it makes sense: No coach is more interesting on this list. Wright, one of the best coaches in college basketball, is coming off his second National Championship in three years at Villanova. For a coach that’s “joked” about the idea of coaching the Knicks, the timing may never be better.
    Why it doesn’t: It’s going to take a huge pay check to get Wright to leave Villanova for the current situation in New York.

2. Jeff Van Gundy
    Why it makes sense: Only one coach has enjoyed real success under the ownership of James Dolan in New York: Van Gundy. If the ESPN analyst is ready to make the leap back to the bench, the Knicks can find stability again.
    Why it doesn’t: Van Gundy, although on top of the sport as one of the lead analysts in the world, hasn’t coached in the NBA since 2007. A ton has changed in the last decade, and Van Gundy could need a full season to adjust.

1. David Fizdale
    Why it makes sense: The best candidate on the market. Fizdale has the backing of star players (including a relationship with LeBron James) and got a raw deal in Memphis.
    Why it doesn’t: Could be heading to the Hornets before the Knicks are ready to make a decision.

12th man

One thing about this Knicks front office is they haven't ruled out anyone in this coaching search bringing in JVG and Woodson for an interview. PJ would never bring in those guys. They also will likely not offer KP an extension this summer which I've been saying is the right business decision, gives me hope this may be a well run front office.

12th man

Jason Kidd should be a Top-3 priority for head coach on Perry list above Fizdale and Wright.
    The Knicks need experience developer coaches having the ability to transform college level players into NBA level performances on the Knicks new coaching-staff.

Veteran

Looks like the list consist of 4 but I feel it's a 3 man race and quite possibly a 2 man race

No college coaches, which is somewhat disappointing

Hornacek's departure was a given, Mills wants to clean house of Phil Jackson sooner than later. See him jump the gun and dump bucks on Hardaway the second Phil was gone, throwing stupid money at him and Ron Burgundy before Knicks organizatino blinked. would not be surprised to see Clarence Gaines gone with rest of staff, depending on who they hire. Perry seems to dig the nepotism vibe, signing players and people he's familiar with, as opposed to best fit for the team. As long as Mills runs this team and Dolan owns it, Perry will be making safe decisions. I'd say Vogel's got the best shot, but front office will interview everyone and show their due diligence while aces like Fizdale get scooped up.

Glad to see Horn gone, along with Rambis. His poor substitutions, his reliance on bench-class veterans starting (Sessions, Jack, Lance, Lee, Beasley) and playing the biggest minutes was at the core of losing basketball.

His doghouse affected players in a severely negative way, getting Noah thrown off the team and losing any chance of a trade, and causing Willy to ask for a trade for peanuts, when the center situation is precarious at best with Kanter and KO able to opt out this off-season.

With Horn in charge, the ball hardly moved, instead went into the post where Kanter and KP gobbled it up. Losing KP, this team went to hell, defensively and offensively.

On top of all this, Frank hardly developed, getting sh!tty backup minutes, getting pulled instead of letting him play through his mistakes, and watching as Knicks signed 4 PG's after he was drafted, all to start before him at his position.

Looking forward to a new coach who will help Frank realize his offensive potential, and have team play where the ball moves, players move, and Knicks get easier shots than what they've gotten the past few years.

dream situation: draft Mikal, hire Jay Wright

Best of luck Jeff, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    Rambis? GTFO now

http://testicle.com is House of Dong

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Much as I love VanGundy, he hasn't coached in 11 years and the game and league has changed tremendously during this time. Mark Jackson is intriguing, as is Fizdale. Not sure why we're talking about Stackhouse. I'd like to see a more tenured coach. Wright's not leaving Villanova. David Blat is a great Euro coach and could be interesting. Honestly, I really like that we're giving Woodson another shot.

If I had to rate the candidates, I'd do so in this order.

Mark Jackson
    David Fizdale
    Mike Woodson
    David Blat

12th man

Head Coach Mark Jackson
    Assistant coach Woodson & Stackhouse

“Fiz is a great fit anywhere,’’ Spoelstra told reporters in Philadelphia on Monday, according to ESPN.com. “He’s a brilliant basketball mind that has exceptional, gold-standard level communication skills. He’s one of my best friends.

“But I say that objectively. I just think he’s one of the most talented coaches I’ve been around. I feel very grateful that we had an opportunity to work together for so long. I just, I hope he goes West. That’s the kind of respect I have for him. I don’t want him going anywhere in the East.”If

The Knicks are not convinced Fizdale’s feud with his star European player is a red flag. It is a sensitive matter because their Latvian All-Star big man Kristaps Porzingis and fired head coach Jeff Hornacek didn’t get along well, especially in 2016-17, despite Porzingis saying they had “a good relationship.’’

According to an NBA source close to the situation, the Knicks coaching staff believes Porzingis was “poisoned’’ by Carmelo Anthony regarding last season’s coaching staff.