2018 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
I?m not gonna write-off Lebron just like that, but Indy demolished CLE. Imagine LJ losing in the first round? Indy has been a bad matchup for them all year...

Kiyaman

Legend
I’m not gonna write-off Lebron just like that, but Indy demolished CLE. Imagine LJ losing in the first round? Indy has been a bad matchup for them all year...

The Indiana Pacers has been a big surprise to every team throughout the regular season.
The Cavs bumbed into the wrong team in the first round.
Im gonna try my best not to write off Lebron .. but the way the Cavs played today ????

tiger0330

Legend
Harden is ridiculously good. Just scored the last 12 points for the Rox, hitting 3s 7-11 now, finding seams in the lane for layups, banking shots off the glass, getting FTs or alley oops to Capela. MVP by a mile this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah Kiya catch up to today, some have taken note since 2017 :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Mitchell showed-up to perform on the next-level in his FIRST playoff game !!!

I will be sick to my stomach if the No-Defense (7-Man) small-rotation coach (MDA) Damnphoney win a championship

Broadway

All Star
That’s ok Kiya Broadway is still slow on OKC:)

LMAO, I talked about them being a top 4 team and very early on being the team posing the biggest threat to GSW but that doesn't excuse the fact they had a shaky regular season and needed 81gms to secure a playoff position.

They are currently playing up to an expectation and thank goodness for their sakes Melo got nestled in to being the 3rd4th option and finally decided to play respectable defense in his 15th yr. Playoff P showed up, the guy who erased Melo back in 2012-2013...Melo better count his blessings.

Although Playoff P said it isn't Championship or Bust with his future there, trust it's pretty much this when it comes to judging their legacy. OKC is not a rebuilding team, and not a team trying to find out how good they are...they are a ready made battle tested team with only 1 eventuality by which to be judged.

jimkcchief88

All Star
LMAO, I talked about them being a top 4 team and very early on being the team posing the biggest threat to GSW but that doesn't excuse the fact they had a shaky regular season and needed 81gms to secure a playoff position.

They are currently playing up to an expectation and thank goodness for their sakes Melo got nestled in to being the 3rd4th option and finally decided to play respectable defense in his 15th yr. Playoff P showed up, the guy who erased Melo back in 2012-2013...Melo better count his blessings.

Although Playoff P said it isn't Championship or Bust with his future there, trust it's pretty much this when it comes to judging their legacy. OKC is not a rebuilding team, and not a team trying to find out how good they are...they are a ready made battle tested team with only 1 eventuality by which to be judged.

No you are right chemistry came slowly with three ball dominate guys trying to play together and the coaching to me is suspect. But like Chuck was saying tonight you still have 3 guys that can go and get their own shot at any given time. Whether or not you like Westbrook he won a MVP. Melo has won a scoring title, and Playoff P is still one of the top 5 two-way players in the league. With the way the ROX struggled tonight with Thibbs Wolves a barnburner second round matchup is shaping up Thunder/ROX:)

mafra

Legend
KAT had 8 points in 9 shots? In a winnable game, too, when Minny could?ve stolen first hame in the road. Man, if this were Knicks and KP gave that effort, I?d want to vomit.

It?s only 1 game, but watching Mitchell and Simmons soar their first taste of playoffs... Just food for thought. Although DM needed 22 shots to score 27 points...

Kiyaman

Legend
Miami Heat 113 - Philly 76ers 103 .. Series Tied at 1-1
A road win for the decade playoffs experience of Coach Spoelstra & player-coach D.Wade shuting down Philly's creative (17 game win-streak) format on both ends of the court by the Heat players being quicker than Philly at their own game .. Great defensive game.
Coach Spoelstra played a deep 10 Man rotation vs Philly's coach Brett Brown's 7 Man rotation.
The 15th yr experience old-man D.Wade had a super-star performance tonight scoring 28 pts in 26 minute, shooting 11-16 fg 7 rb 3 dimes 2 stls.
Does coach Spoelstra need D.Wade to have 3 more games like this to win the series ???

GSW 116 - Spurs 101 .. GSW lead series 2-0
The Spurs without Kawhi Leonard during the regular season was o.k., but this is the postseason!
Kiss n make up or Who want to get SWEPT?
This will be the 2nd postseason Kawhi Leonard missed with the Spurs.

tiger0330

Legend
DWade found the fountain of youth tonight but the Sixers were cold shooting the 3 tonight and they still almost came back to beat the Heat. South Beach has been a tough place for the Sixers, Embiid has complained the Sixers are babying him when they didn't allow him to play after being cleared. They don't play until Thu, my bet is Joel comes back for game 3.

jimkcchief88

All Star
DWade found the fountain of youth tonight but the Sixers were cold shooting the 3 tonight and they still almost came back to beat the Heat. South Beach has been a tough place for the Sixers, Embiid has complained the Sixers are babying him when they didn't allow him to play after being cleared. They don't play until Thu, my bet is Joel comes back for game 3.

Kevin Hart channeled his inner Spike Lee and DWade channeled his inner Reggie Miller for a great game off the bench no less. Better keep Kevin Hart away from courtside 😂

Kiyaman

Legend
Raptors 130 - Wizards 110 .. Raps Lead series 2-0
All i have to say is the Raptors scored 76 points in First-Half !!!
Half-Time score 76 - 58 Raptors
The Wizards bench players showed up to play!

Boston 120 - Bucks 106 .. Boston Lead series 2-0
Two games in a row Boston guards Rozier & Brown out-shined over Bucks guards Bledsoe & Snell for 2 wins in the series.
Why is Greg Monroe so happy ??? LOL

N.O Pelicans 111 - Blazers 102 .. Pelicans Lead series 2-0
The Pelicans snatch the Blazers home-court advantage in both wins in Portland.
Tonight Rondo were 1 dime short of a triple-double, Holiday scored a game high 33 pts,
and A. Davis 22 pts, 13 rb, all added up to another Pelican WIN !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Raptors 130 - Wizards 110 .. Raps Lead series 2-0
All i have to say is the Raptors scored 76 points in First-Half !!!
Half-Time score 76 - 58 Raptors
The Wizards bench players showed up to play!

Boston 120 - Bucks 106 .. Boston Lead series 2-0
Two games in a row Boston guards Rozier & Brown out-shined over Bucks guards Bledsoe & Snell for 2 wins in the series.
Why is Greg Monroe so happy ??? LOL

N.O Pelicans 111 - Blazers 102 .. Pelicans Lead series 2-0
The Pelicans snatch the Blazers home-court advantage in both wins in Portland.
Tonight Rondo were 1 dime short of a triple-double, Holiday scored a game high 33 pts,
and A. Davis 22 pts, 13 rb, all added up to another Pelican WIN !!!
Thanks Kiya, nice recaps. So far POR and the "best backcourt" of Dame and CJ being dominated by Jrue and Rondo, looks like no more than a 6 game series there with PELS advancing. Celts look good even w/o Kyrie, Rozier and Larkin playing very well, hardly missing Kyrie so far. Barkley has no clue when he picks the Bucks to win this series.

tiger0330

Legend
I maybe completely wrong about the Cavs beating TOR and getting to the EC finals with LeBron playing his best bball at the end of the season and KLove back for the playoffs. Hard to win with a career journeyman like Jeff Green starting and scoring zero points and the Lakers weren't stupid enough to dump Clarkson and Nance if they were all-stars. LeBron loses a first game one in the first round in his career. Oladipo was sensational.

I’m not gonna write-off Lebron just like that, but Indy demolished CLE. Imagine LJ losing in the first round? Indy has been a bad matchup for them all year...
Lue pulled Jeff Green out of the starting lineup after that egg he laid game 1, good move, can't afford to leave CLE down 2. LeBron said in the last post game the Cavs problem was their offense only scoring 80 pts so he took things into his own hands and scored the first 16 of the Cavs points. He goes to the bench and the Pacers go in a 9-2 run. Other guys need to help him.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thanks Kiya, nice recaps. So far POR and the "best backcourt" of Dame and CJ being dominated by Jrue and Rondo, looks like no more than a 6 game series there with PELS advancing. Celts look good even w/o Kyrie, Rozier and Larkin playing very well, hardly missing Kyrie so far. Barkley has no clue when he picks the Bucks to win this series.
Lillard and C.J. might step up, but I don't see this series getting to 6. I don't know. Mirotic also has been GREAT for them. Last year the 8th seeded Bulls were up 2-0 against the number 1 seeded Celtics, then Rondo got hurt. Who knows what would have happened in the Playoffs and the Bulls franchise had he not gotten hurt. Now the Pelicans took the Blazers' home court. Rondo and Holiday bring everything and is playing winning basketball.

If the Spurs ARE open to trading Kawhi, I wouldn't be surprised if the Blazers offer C.J. McCollum if the Blazers have a first round exit, especially if they get beaten in five games or a sweep.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Somehow as much as I pay Direct TV I don?t have NBA TV for the Jazz/Thunder. It looks like balanced scoring has OKC finally ahead in the 3rd. Any updates would be appreciated while I?m watching ROX/Wolves.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Somehow as much as I pay Direct TV I don’t have NBA TV for the Jazz/Thunder. It looks like balanced scoring has OKC finally ahead in the 3rd. Any updates would be appreciated while I’m watching ROX/Wolves.
I bought League Pass and as usual I still don't get NBA TV for the Playoffs. Doesn't make sense.

mafra

Legend
I know. I pay Direct TVand purchased league pass... yet... no Jazz for me?

Lebron our of his mind and still CLE barely won. Love injury something to monitor.