2018 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
I like this Jazz team, especially the Rubio/Mitchell backcourt.
<br>
Simmons seems to be the fav to be the ROY but they may be underestimating DM. The votes are in so anything they do in the post season won't matter but I love the kid, Ntilikina better amount to something next year.

Broadway

All Star
No you are right chemistry came slowly with three ball dominate guys trying to play together and the coaching to me is suspect. But like Chuck was saying tonight you still have 3 guys that can go and get their own shot at any given time. Whether or not you like Westbrook he won a MVP. Melo has won a scoring title, and Playoff P is still one of the top 5 two-way players in the league. With the way the ROX struggled tonight with Thibbs Wolves a barnburner second round matchup is shaping up Thunder/ROX:)

Told you OKC wasn't a solid playoff team and Melo has yet to "turn back the clock" for one game and Kiya if you're reading this...

Donovan Mitchell is ROY I don't care what any of the individuals who'll award Simmons with the award say

Kiyaman

Legend
Rockets 119 - Wolves 100 .. Rockets lead series 3-1
I wonder how the Wolves defensive head-coach Thibs feel after allowing the Rocks to score 50 pts in the 3rd quarter? The Rocks backcourt tandem CP3 & Harden combine for 51 pts, 10 rbs, 9 dimes, 9 stls, 1 blk, and 2 turnovers to lead the series 3-1 over the Wolves.

Jazz 113 - OKC 96 .. Jazz lead series 3-1
Wow! The Jazz Backcourt tandem of Rubio & Mitchell did it again, combining for 46 pts, 13 rbs, 12 dimes, 1 stl, 2 blks, and 4 turnovers for another Jazz WIN to lead the series 3-1.
OKC BIG-3 are in deep trouble if they don't come-up with a win on Wednesday night in OKC.

Kiyaman

Legend
Told you OKC wasn't a solid playoff team and Melo has yet to "turn back the clock" for one game and Kiya if you're reading this...

Donovan Mitchell is ROY I don't care what any of the individuals who'll award Simmons with the award say

Ben Simmons all-around performance has the 76ers the top team to beat in the East in the playoffs.

Broadway

All Star
Ricky having a great year. Having his best year shooting, hard to not give some credit to DM for his improved shooting.

The crazy thing about Rubio if you look at his shooting %s they really aren't that good at all. Yeah he improved his 3pt shooting but his overall FG% is incredibly mediocre and get this he's shooting below his season average 41.8% to 38.5% in the playoffs.

It's comes down to when he has good games, they prove to be monster like and his shooting is incredibly timely just what the team needs. He and DM are a great tandem though like almost a perfect match of sorts.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
The crazy thing about Rubio if you look at his shooting %s they really aren't that good at all. Yeah he improved his 3pt shooting but his overall FG% is incredibly mediocre and get this he's shooting below his season average 38.5% to 41.8% in the playoffs.

It's comes down to when he has good games, they prove to be monster like and his shooting is incredibly timely just what the team needs. He and DM are a great tandem though like almost a perfect match of sorts.
His shooting percentages are the highest of his career though he's far from an elite shooter. His assists are down as well playing more off the ball with DM, which is why I credit DM with some of his shooting improvement. DM has taken some of the playmaking load off him allowing him to score points off of DM's playmaking. I said the play of the game might be that 4th foul that Russ got on that charge call and Russ's earlier 3 fouls were because of Ricky, Russ wasn't the same after that 4th foul trying not to foul out of the game. Ricky is also a playmaker, combined with the better shooting, his defense is why I said he['s having a great year. Utah definitely agrees with him.

mafra

Legend
Dominant Donovan leads Jazz to 3-1 lead

Donovan Mitchell hit 13-of-28 shots and three 3-pointers for 30 points, seven rebounds, four assists and a block in 37 minutes to lead the Jazz to a 113-96 win over the Thunder in Monday's Game 4, giving the Jazz a 3-1 lead in the series.

Mitchell broke Karl Malone's team playoff scoring record for a rookie with his 33 points tonight, as Malone scored 31 points in a game back in 1986. These two teams hate each other and there were six technical fouls handed out tonight, but Mitchell managed to stay out of most of the drama. He doesn't look like a rookie, and really hasn't all year, and the Jazz will look to put away the Thunder in Oklahoma City in Game 5 on Wednesday. However, a more likely scenario would be the Jazz ending the series in Game 6 back at home. Mitchell is a much needed offensive force on a team that thrives by playing defense, and this series has been the most entertaining matchup of the playoffs thus far.

(Rotoworld)

Utah has no bench... DM doesn?t have an Embiid to carry the offensive load.... he doesn?t have a JJ to dish it out to... People go Gaga for Ben when he posts a 10-12-13 line... well, DM is our there working it and posting 30-6-7 lines... DM, I imagine, accounts for a greater percentage of his team?s offense. Has Ben hit a 3 all year?

Nothing against Ben, but if DM doesn?t at least win a share of the ROy then they should stop handing the award out.

DM is about to upset Westbrook... Philly is beating MIA...

Broadway

All Star
Ben Simmons all-around performance has the 76ers the top team to beat in the East in the playoffs.

This is true but you can't look at things through a vacuum as if "only the East" matters. You don't think Utah is a Top Team to beat in the West if they advance? You think the Rockets want to see them in the 2nd round right now?

DM is setting playoff rookie records in Utah and historically and probably the second best playoff performer behind AD. You also keep referring to "all- around" game and while I admit Simmons gets more rebounds and assist, DM is still getting his fair share of production outside of scoring

27.5pts/8.5reb/2.5ast/1.5stl <-------------those are his numbers

Broadway

All Star
Utah has no bench... DM doesn’t have an Embiid to carry the offensive load.... he doesn’t have a JJ to dish it out to... People go Gaga for Ben when he posts a 10-12-13 line... well, DM is our there working it and posting 30-6-7 lines... DM, I imagine, accounts for a greater percentage of his team’s offense. Has Ben hit a 3 all year?

Nothing against Ben, but if DM doesn’t at least win a share of the ROy then they should stop handing the award out.

DM is about to upset Westbrook... Philly is beating MIA...

Can you imagine how mad Knick fans would be if we had a talent like Mitchell and large portions of the NBA community took on a dismissive attitude towards him because of what they feel another comparable talent is going to be or who said player most plays like(Simmons-Lebron)

Let's get this straight 05-06 to 09-10 Wade was every bit as good as Lebron during such a stretch. Wade won a chip without Lebron never forget. Lebron joined Wade never forget. This is what we have a modern day Wade-Lebron dynamic all over again

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Can you imagine how mad Knick fans would be if we had a talent like Mitchell and large portions of the NBA community took on a dismissive attitude towards him because of what they feel another comparable talent is going to be or who said player most plays like(Simmons-Lebron)

Let's get this straight 05-06 to 09-10 Wade was every bit as good as Lebron during such a stretch. Wade won a chip without Lebron never forget. Lebron joined Wade never forget. This is what we have a modern day Wade-Lebron dynamic all over again

What the Jazz head-coach Quin Snyder did for Rubio & rookie DM co-existing performance in the backcourt could not have happen in NY without coach Snyder's creative system, plus coaching his players to perform on the same-page.
I'm not taking anything away from DM elite athletic talent, all I'm saying is it would not have been the same for rookie DM in NY under Hornacek's foolish 3 or 4 guard lineups, plus Dolan's mismanagement Knicks.
Example: Under coach Snyder .. Rubio finally has a 2-way performance that qualifies him to be a 30 minute starter. The last few seasons Rubio were a big liability on defense.

I agree with you on D.Wade and Lebron rookie season could've been a flip of a coin either way.
The same could be said bout the rookie season of Patrick Ewing / Karl Malone / Barkley,
or Jordan / Olyjuwon / Bowie rookie season,
or Magic / Bird / Cartwright rookie season

tiger0330

Legend
Bucks pull it out 104-102 on a Giannis tip on a Brogdon miss of a layup. Brogdon might be the difference in the series, hitting a big 3 late like he did in game 1. Morris missed the game tying bucket for the Celts. Marcus Smart should be back before this series is over, they need him instead of Larkin.
Marcus is back for game 5 and making a defensive impact as you would expect but Shane is still in the rotation subbing for Rozier and playing along side of Smart. Larkin has been a spark plug on both sides of the ball even going at it with Maker who is like a foot taller.

Broadway

All Star
What the Jazz head-coach Quin Snyder did for Rubio & rookie DM co-existing performance in the backcourt could not have happen in NY without coach Snyder's creative system, plus coaching his players to perform on the same-page.
I'm not taking anything away from DM elite athletic talent, all I'm saying is it would not have been the same for rookie DM in NY under Hornacek's foolish 3 or 4 guard lineups, plus Dolan's mismanagement Knicks.
Example: Under coach Snyder .. Rubio finally has a 2-way performance that qualifies him to be a 30 minute starter. The last few seasons Rubio were a big liability on defense.

I agree with you on D.Wade and Lebron rookie season could've been a flip of a coin either way.
The same could be said bout the rookie season of Patrick Ewing / Karl Malone / Barkley,
or Jordan / Olyjuwon / Bowie rookie season,
or Magic / Bird / Cartwright rookie season

So Ben Simmons proves to be other worldly under Hornacek but not DM? Is this what you'r getting at or is it...Brett Brown didn't install a great system to take advantage of Simmons skillset the same way Snyder did for DM?

Lebron may have had the sightly better RY although he wasn't as efficient as Wade was...I was referring to the couple yrs that followed. So whoever felt Wade wasn't on Lebron's level out the gate was proven wrong once 05' came rolling along.

Kiyaman

Legend
Boston 92 - Bucks 87 .. Boston lead series 3-2
The return of Boston's 2-way combo-guard Marcus Smart in the 5th game of the series took away all hope of the Bucks winning this game. Tonight the Bucks big-men got out-rebound, and their guards got out hustled by Boston's 9 man rotation to take a 3-2 lead in the series.

Philly 76ers 104 - Miami Heats 91 .. 76ers won the series 4-1
Head coach Brett Brown!
Embiid! Simmons! Saric! Covington! Reddick! Belinelli! Ilyasova!
The Miami Heat didnt have a chance tonight in Philly for a win ..
The 76ers performance are to creative in so many things on the court .. 53 rebounds & 27 dimes tonight !!!

GSW 99 - Spurs 91 .. GS Warriors won the series 4-1
We all knew the Spurs didnt have a chance in this first round series vs the champion Warriors team.
What will happen to Kawhi Leonard in the offseason?
Will Pop coach next season?

tiger0330

Legend
The legend of LBJ. Not only does he score almost half of the Cavs points, 44 pts on 24 shots he blocks Oladipo 2 pt layup to win the game for Indy with 4 secs left and then hits a game winning 3 at the buzzer. Cavs go up 3-2 but as great as Lebron is he needs help if they're going to make it to the EC finals.

jimkcchief88

All Star

OKC is about to get bounced must win game tonight and I?m missing it on NBA TV:( poor coaching by Billy Donovan leaving Westbrook in to pick up his 4th foul with under 2 minutes remaining in the 1st half. Melo looks finished and ?Playoff P? has only shown up for one game um um um :(

jimkcchief88

All Star
The legend of LBJ. Not only does he score almost half of the Cavs points, 44 pts on 24 shots he blocks Oladipo 2 pt layup to win the game for Indy with 4 secs left and then hits a game winning 3 at the buzzer. Cavs go up 3-2 but as great as Lebron is he needs help if they're going to make it to the EC finals.

Saw the end of the game at work unbelievable