[KO Column] What does the Fizdale hire change?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What does the Fizdale hire change?

By Conor Geelan

20180514_fizdale2.png

It was announced on May 4th that David Fizdale is to become the next head coach of the New York Knicks.

The team signed him to a 4-year contract that will make him the first new coach in the post-Jackson era.

Among the coaches they interviewed were former Warriors coach Mark Jackson, former Cavaliers coach David Blatt, former Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer, Heat assistant Juwan Howard, Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga, Clippers assistant Mike Woodson, Spurs assistant James Borrego, and Toronto G League coach Jerry Stackhouse.

Recently fired Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek was not a bad coach, in my opinion, but he was not hired by the current front office and this hire presses the full reset button on the Phil Jackson tenure. So, this hire was really about putting the next foot forward with a different front office.

Read full

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
A kind of optimistic article, I think it is correct and he will be a good coach. on the other hand we feel like this every season and then mid of season we start thinking of the next season......... I feel that he relates more to the players and will develop them and push them to work harder especially the young ones. but i hate the fact that the league is becoming more and more Player dominant, even over coaches...

Kiyaman

Legend
Why did we fire Bum-Hornacek for a Bum Dreamer-Fizdale?
Out of all the decent head coaches that applied for the Knicks job the Knicks front-office select the bottom assistant coach Fizdale.

Knowledgeable Grizzlies fans had been waiting with bated breath for David Fizdale to drop his first player comparison as the new coach of the Knicks. After all, Fizdale had made a name for himself by frequently comparing Memphis players to much more accomplished players. Such as calling Tyreke Evans his Dwyane Wade, drawing parallels between Wade Baldwin and Russell Westbrook or Ivan Rabb and Chris Bosh, and then famously comparing the skill sets of Chandler Parsons and LeBron James.

https://fansided.com/2018/05/12/david-fizdale-player-comparisons/

We are headed for a few more LOSER seasons .. Lance Thomas = Draymond Green LMAO
Imagine if a KO member had posted Lance Thomas plays like Draymond Green!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Imagine if a KO member had posted Lance Thomas plays like Draymond Green!

I think he is trying to pump the players up, he wants them to feel good about themselves and give their best, which is a good thing, don't underestimate the mental part of the game. it seems he is doing that with all our players.