2018 NBA Lottery Thread and Knicks Fan Prayer Circle

mafra

Legend
I'm tired of being 2gms away from having a chance to get a guy we want, and get this...desperately need. We need a SUPERSTAR, someone who not only makes up for our lack of talent but for the fact we won't have #kporzee next yr

Can?t argue with this... been preventing this team from rebuilding for ten years. Last time we were 9th we picked the esteemed Michael
Sweetney.

Will Doncic, Bagley or Ayton be studs? Will we rue the day we won a few meaningless games in March/April?

I think we?re fortunate tho to possibly have a shot at either Bridges, Porter, Trae Young, or Sexton.

Broadway

All Star
Can’t argue with this... been preventing this team from rebuilding for ten years. Last time we were 9th we picked the esteemed Michael
Sweetney.

Will Doncic, Bagley or Ayton be studs? Will we rue the day we won a few meaningless games in March/April?

I think we’re fortunate tho to possibly have a shot at either Bridges, Porter, Trae Young, or Sexton.

I'd be okay with Young he's put on almost 15lbs of muscle since the end of his season but honestly I don't want another guard being drafted unless we get multiple picks in the first

I want us to trade down if there's a deal to be made

jimkcchief88

All Star
We seriously could've had a Top 3 pick. I'm pissed as all hell :fury::fury::fury:

Well prepared to be mad again this time next year because we are a Zinger setback away from being right back in the lottery again. I bet Zinger doesn?t play much, we ?rebuild?, and shoot for next Summer?s free agency.

mafra

Legend
Well prepared to be mad again this time next year because we are a Zinger setback away from being right back in the lottery again. I bet Zinger doesn?t play much, we ?rebuild?, and shoot for next Summer?s free agency.

I?m very intrigued about how Perry and Co. approach this summer. A player like Cousins might fall into their laps... draft Mikhal Bridges and add Cousins and with Knits and KP (eventually) that could be a dynamic and rugged defensive squad.

Now, this isn?t mlb or nfl... in b-ball good offense beats good defense.

If we don?t want to go after DC, do we make a play on Randle? With LA coveting 2 max guys.... now might be the perfect time to pull a THjr and swipe an RFA from LA.

Randle and a Young/Sexton would be wonders for our offense.

Do we stand idle and make plays for young/cheap types? Herzongia and some shrewd moves... maybe Porter is a draft gift!

Do we make trades? Move up for a better player or trade back for quantity? De we make a trade for a player?

Do we find a second round gem?

If NYK want a stud next summer... KP (off an injury) won?t be enough to intice. Perry has to realize this. We need growth from our current players plus a HR in draft, and that might not be enough. This is why a Randle/Cousins is the way to go... to attract a Kyrie or Kawahi or a Klay in 2019.

If the KP era will ever be successful in NY... this summer has to complete the foundation... a failure here will decimate our near future.

Go big or go home. This is officially Perry?s ship now... he?s coasted out of the harbor and is beyond the horizon. Get to work!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yes the ?Process? has come to the Knicks. The problem is the we(I) don?t trust our front office and patience isn?t a virtue for our fanbase. I would love to see meaningful NBA games played in MSG again by a relevant franchise. Let?s see how many years it takes. It all starts with this draft and we can?t swing and miss on another Euro-project that is too soft and unskilled to survive the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
I’m very intrigued about how Perry and Co. approach this summer. A player like Cousins might fall into their laps... draft Mikhal Bridges and add Cousins and with Knits and KP (eventually) that could be a dynamic and rugged defensive squad.

Now, this isn’t mlb or nfl... in b-ball good offense beats good defense.

If we don’t want to go after DC, do we make a play on Randle? With LA coveting 2 max guys.... now might be the perfect time to pull a THjr and swipe an RFA from LA.

Randle and a Young/Sexton would be wonders for our offense.

Do we stand idle and make plays for young/cheap types? Herzongia and some shrewd moves... maybe Porter is a draft gift!

Do we make trades? Move up for a better player or trade back for quantity? De we make a trade for a player?

Do we find a second round gem?

If NYK want a stud next summer... KP (off an injury) won’t be enough to intice. Perry has to realize this. We need growth from our current players plus a HR in draft, and that might not be enough. This is why a Randle/Cousins is the way to go... to attract a Kyrie or Kawahi or a Klay in 2019.

If the KP era will ever be successful in NY... this summer has to complete the foundation... a failure here will decimate our near future.

Go big or go home. This is officially Perry’s ship now... he’s coasted out of the harbor and is beyond the horizon. Get to work!
Nice post Mafra as usual. A critical date to watch is June 30 when our player option eligible guys have to pick up their options if all of them do we're right at the cap with no ability to sign anyone except with salary exceptions. Not the best off-season for free agents with money being tight so Kanter may opt in, Baker will definitely opt in and Quinn is the most likely to opt out with multiple teams offering him MLE money more than likely. Stretching Noah seems the most likely move to get some cap space to acquire someone this off season if Kanter opts in but it won't be enough to get you Cousins.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
So true... Great point... we at at mercy of Kanter, and with his love of NY, the money involved, and fact he showed up at Fizdale?s intro presser... I?m not sure if he declines his option.

mafra

Legend
Knicks moved up in draft! Second round moves from 37 to 36! Yes. Lol.

By the way, 2017 Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon was selected at No. 36. It?s not nothing!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't follow college basketball and their players, but if Michael Porter, Jr. is the best player available, then outside of him having serious back problems right now I want the Knicks to select him. Unless other players are impressive enough in workouts in which they show they can make a significant difference to this team, then I rather the Knicks take the risk. Sure, it might not work out, but at least it'd be a move to potentially get this team to the next level. I know him dropping down to 9 is something to take a look at, but, if he's working hard and not tedious, has the most talent of any players available, got a good head on his shoulders, and doesn't have any serious back problems known, then go for it.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
In life sometimes we get what we earned n deserve .. so the Knicks receiving the 9th seat at the Draft Combine seem right .. the Knicks did nothing before the Combine to improve the Knicks coaching staff other than change face of another inexperience head-coach.
Sorry to say .. "The coaching-staff the Knicks has today does not deserve a Top-3 pick.

Here's my 2018 Top-10 Mock Draft ....

1 - Suns .. Deandre Ayton
2 - Kings .. Luka Doncic
3 - Hawks .. Marvin Bagley III
4 - Memphis .. Trae Young or Jaren Jackson Jr
5 - Mavericks .. Trae Young or Mohamed Bamba
6 - Magic .. Mohamed Bamba or Wendell Carter Jr.
7 - Bulls .. Michael Porter Jr.
8 - Cavs .. Collin Sexton
9 - KNICKS .. Mikal Bridges or Keita Bates-Diop
10 - 76ers .. Mikal Bridges or Keita Bates-Diop
11 - Hornets .. Lonnie Walker IV
12 - Clippers .. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
13 - Clippers .. Robert Williams
14 - Nuggets .. ???

In life sometimes we get what we earned n deserve .. so the Knicks receiving the 9th seat at the Draft Combine seem right .. the Knicks did nothing before the Combine to improve the Knicks coaching staff other than change face of another inexperience head-coach.
Sorry to say .. "The coaching-staff the Knicks has today does not deserve a Top-3 pick.

Here's my 2018 Top-10 Mock Draft ....

1 - Suns .. Deandre Ayton
2 - Kings .. Luka Doncic
3 - Hawks .. Marvin Bagley III
4 - Memphis .. Trae Young or Jaren Jackson Jr
5 - Mavericks .. Trae Young or Mohamed Bamba
6 - Magic .. Mohamed Bamba or Wendell Carter Jr.
7 - Bulls .. Michael Porter Jr.
8 - Cavs .. Collin Sexton
9 - KNICKS .. Mikal Bridges or Keita Bates-Diop
10 - 76ers .. Mikal Bridges or Keita Bates-Diop
11 - Hornets .. Lonnie Walker IV
12 - Clippers .. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
13 - Clippers .. Robert Williams
14 - Nuggets .. ???

I have no problem with taking Bates-Diop, but if he becomes our target, we should definitely trade down first.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have no problem with taking Bates-Diop, but if he becomes our target, we should definitely trade down first.

I would like for Perry to get into discussion with the Spurs involving the Big Trade for Kawhi Leonard ..
by Perry offering a future pick, plus our 9th pick and Tim Hardaway Jr..