[KO Column] Who Will the Knicks Select n the 2018 Draft?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Who Will the Knicks Select in the 2018 Draft?

By Conor Geelan

Assuming a trade doesn?t occur within the next 24 hours for the Knicks to move up or down in the draft order, the franchise will try to find its next piece to aid Kristaps Porzingis by picking 9th overall in the 2018 NBA Draft on Thursday night.

With this in mind, I want to provide the five main candidates the Knicks will likely be selecting from at this position in the draft and important information and analysis about them.

I give some of my individual opinion of these players but seeing that people on television get these things horribly wrong, I simply provided facts and basic analysis on a player?s college performance, basic skills, and potential/ceiling that they could grow in to.

https://www.knicksonline.com/news/who-will-the-knicks-select-in-the-2018-draft.html

Kiyaman

Legend
With the 9th pick the Knicks select a 19 yr old 6.9 SF Kevin Knox .. a uptempo above the rim athletic scorer, very young and raw in skills, but his potential and physical built will lead him to having a decent rookie season grabbing the majority of playing-time minute at the SF position.

With the 36th pick the Knicks selected a 20 yr old 2-Way 7.0 center/forward Mitchell Robinson .. aggressive athletic frontline Big-Man that plays both sides of court well. Robinson's raw athletic defensive-hustle as a rookie BIG may get the chance to be a starter to replace the injury Tired-KP the first part of the up coming season. I'm more thrilled bout the Knicks selection of Robinson from watching his all-around performance on the Knicks summer league team .. He would be perfect as our stretch-4 (Horry) having the speed, athleticism plus a 2-Way hustling performance to play alongside Kanter's scoring offense, or Noah's defensive leadership.

Kiyaman

Legend
I believe if the Knicks did not make the February trade for Mudiay .... The Knicks would have put forth a strong effort to draft the 19 yr old PG-Collin Sexton. To have two Knicks future star guards in the rotation in Frank n Sexton.
Sexton prove to be the top #1 PG in the Summer League Games, Sexton's 2-Way performance were outstanding in each summer game he played .. If Sexton keep up his summer performance when the regular season start he will be a Top 3 candidate for the ROY.
Watching Sexton perform had me thinking .. If Lebron would hav stayed in Cleveland .. Lebron n Sexton would have made it to the 2019 FINALS!