2018 NBA Draft Night Thread - ESPN 7PM Thursday June 21

Watching ESPN coverage now. Ian Begley saying that we don?t have the assets to move up. Mills and Perry hoping Wendell Carter or Michael Porter Jr fall to 9. Otherwise, Begley says Knicks are going to take Kevin Knox.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thanks for the thread htr10! Can we have another prayer circle in hopes we don?t screw the pooch like we did last year? I?m fine with Knox, Colin Sexton, or Mike Jr if he happens to fall that far which I doubt.

Thanks for the thread htr10! Can we have another prayer circle in hopes we don?t screw the pooch like we did last year? I?m fine with Knox, Colin Sexton, or Mike Jr if he happens to fall that far which I doubt.

Sounds like Sexton and Porter both have good chances to be off the board before we pick.

tiger0330

Legend
Woj said Porter is dropping like a rock off of less than optimistic prognosis of his back. His agent is countering with some medical opinions that are more optimistic. It's like a court case with guys bringing in expert witnesses.

Woj said Porter is dropping like a rock off of less than optimistic prognosis of his back. His agent is countering with some medical opinions that are more optimistic. It's like a court case with guys bringing expert witnesses.

Sam Hinkie would have drafted Michael Porter and stashed him until 2025 when full back transplant surgery gets invented.

tiger0330

Legend
Everybody has the first 5 as Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, Doncic and Bamba. I don't know about Orlando taking Young at 6 though, they need to get this draft right and they haven't drafted well so taking him with so many questions about him would leave them open to a lot of criticism.

mafra

Legend
We should be drafting 2 pieces that will be major parts of the rotation moving forward. Let?s go! Times are a?changin?

Woj reporting that Hawks will select Luka Doncic at #3 and then be traded to Dallas who are supposed to select Trae Young at #5. WTF.

Doncic?s camp must have told Atlanta that he doesn?t want to play for their hot garbage franchise. Didn?t catch the terms of the trade, but huge coup for Dallas likely.

tiger0330

Legend
First trade, Hawks take Doncic at 3 but he's going to the Mavs if Trae is still there when the Mavs pick he'll go to the Hawks. Hawks get Mavs 1st next year for the swap.