Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314
    12th man

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I don't understand the Perry/Mills decision making .. T-Roy was the teams best defensive-hustler at the SF position to workout with Knox throughout Knox rookie season.
    I like the pickup of PF Noah Vonleh .. dont like the cut of SF Troy Williams .. having KP out for more than a half of season, and Noah being questionable by wanting out of our TANKING system .. you would think our MISS-management department of Mills/Perry would have added/signed the young 6.11 Jahlil Okafor at the beginning of August to be our starting PF alongside of starter center Enes Kanter for the up coming season. Okafor's young raw skills n talent should've been put at the stretch-4 position 2 seasons ago to become a 24 minute double-double NBA big-man.

The Knicks should have cleared roster space as early as June/July by trading a few worthless players like Joakim Noah/Tim Hardaway Jr/Courtney Lee/Lance Thomas/Ron Baker/and even the so-call future star Kristaps Porzingis. None of the 6 mention Knicks players showed a winning attitude or performance in any of the 82 games last season, all their performances warrant trade in the offseason, especially the "TIRED KP" in January.

Finally a Rocket. Would D'Antoni really bring him off the bench after Melo saying he wouldn't come off the bench in OKC.

12th man

Melo and Dantoni has no say so when it comes down to what Harden and CP3 want !!!
    Melo wife looked good last night on the series POWER lol

FWIW, NBA did a poll of where free agents land next year... Knicks get both Kyrie and Butler...

12th man

Originally Posted by mafra
    FWIW, NBA did a poll of where free agents land next year... Knicks get both Kyrie and Butler...
    Not interested in either FA .. to me Kyrie were a BUST first pick until Lebron put him on to a couple of moves ..
    And Butler showed on the Bulls and Wolves he is not a captain nor leader, but a decent husling 3rd scoring option.
    In better words none of the two (Kyrie/Butler) are worth Max paper $$$ !!!

It also look like the Knicks may make a run at the WEAK Kemba Walker in 2019 FA market too.
    So far Mills/Perry two season of signing FA are only good at selecting n signing BUST FA .... THJ, Baker, Beasley, Sessions, Mario Hezonja, and Noah Vonleh !!!

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Finally a Rocket. Would D'Antoni really bring him off the bench after Melo saying he wouldn't come off the bench in OKC.

Will coach Dantoni treat Melo the same as he treated Marbury ???
    Should Melo tell his agent to start looking to sign him to a team in China ???

Veteran

Woj thinks we will get an impact max contract player next offseason, but not Kyrie Irving.

12th man

Originally Posted by htr10
    Woj thinks we will get an impact max contract player next offseason, but not Kyrie Irving.
    I hope Woj is right .. Kyrie Irving is not on my top hit list for a consistent 2-Way free-agent for the Knicks in the 2019 offseason.
    I believe the excessive playing-time coach Fix (Fizdale) give to PG-Trey Burke in the upcoming season Burke's creative performance will meet up to the task of being a win-win Knicks offensive point .. that we could get from Kyrie Irving.

WOW! Jahlil Okafor and Troy Williams and Elfrid Payton may have found them selves a Home for the next 2 to 4 yrs under coach Gentry formular on the New Orlean Pelicans. The Pelicans loaded up on two young stud Bigmen to put in lineups next to Anthony Davis n Nikola Mirotic in the 82 game upcoming season in C-Okafor and PF-Randle and SF-Troy !!!

Veteran

Good Luck with Towns and Wiggins Wolves...you're going nowhere with those two

Amen! KAT was a dawg in the playoffs. If KP had performed like that then got rewarded with a max contract... we would be livid.... especially if a grizzled vet came out afterwards and demanded to be traded bc the young franchise player(s) didnít work nor care.

Everybody at this level has talent... You only hand out max contracts to grinders and workers.

KP may never stay healthy... and that makes giving him a max a risk... but I do feel comfortable with his work ethic and competitive drive to be great.

Veteran

Man, you guys are rough. Towns is 22 years-old and literally excels at every facet of the game on the court. He just needs to grow up. Minny doesnít give him the supermax, then he walks and they get to watch him be an all-star for the next decade for another team while hoping to get lucky in the lottery (no top free agent will be signing in Minny for a looooong time).

12th man

If any Wolves player earned and deserve the 5 yr $190M Max contract for their double-double three year performance (21/11) service its KAT !!!
    I am glad the Wolves organization did this before they traded Jimmy Butler. Dont get me wrong, i like Butler's game, but Butler's skills n leadership are no where near a max contract franchise player. Butler's postseason career speaks for it self .. Noah's leadership got the Bulls over the edge, then Rondo leadership got the Bulls close to sweeping the Boston Celtics. Plus Butler's postseason performance vs the Rox last season was not effective or better than Andrew Wiggins performance.