2018 NBA Free Agency

tiger0330

Legend
PG3 definitely said NO THANKS, to LeBron. KW doesn’t appear to be forcing the issue. Melo didn’t even want LJ... got to love it.

I hope we get to see LeBron and LaVarr together. They deserve one another.
Thunder get another crack to make the Big 3 work again. Even though it was partly a financial decision for PG to stay, I have to give him credit for sticking with Russ and acknowledging the Thunder took a big gamble in acquiring him in a trade, if he had opted out and signed with LA it would likely have been disastrous for them.

Broadway

All Star
These numbers are tough to stomach when you consider what could be in store if certain things don't work out for these teams. Jokic got the same

These numbers will be potentially higher for Towns and #kporzee when considering cap numbers below if they agree to extension with their respective teams this summer. Their extensions won't kick in until next summer

The Salary cap is expected to make 2 more jumps 2019-20(approximately $109mil) and 2020-21($116mil)

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks will have the non-taxpayer MLE of 8.6M and bi-annual exception of 3.6M to spend in FA. Surprised that IT is on that list, is it possible that he could sign for MLE money? Nets are reportedly interested in Hezonja, I like him, Montrezl and Grant from guys on that list that I think are realistic signings. I like KCP but I think he'll be looking for more money than the MLE and would probably sign another 1 year 18M deal somewhere rather than a multi year MLE deal.
One of the FAs I liked JGrant off the table for us. I don't think it's reasonable to expect any of the guys the Knicks have been linked to signing one year deals except for maybe older players like Tolliver.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

tiger0330

Legend
These numbers are tough to stomach when you consider what could be in store if certain things don't work out for these teams. Jokic got the same

These numbers will be potentially higher for Towns and #kporzee when considering cap numbers below if they agree to extension with their respective teams this summer. Their extensions won't kick in until next summer

The Salary cap is expected to make 2 more jumps 2019-20(approximately $109mil) and 2020-21($116mil)
If you played pro sports pre 1990 or so you were born too early. The real old timers regret it. I hear the old baseball players mention it in particular because the owners had so much power in determining what player salaries were back then.

tiger0330

Legend
I knew PG13 wans't going anywhere

PG reportedly signing 4yr/137M deal with player option.Seems like a bargain compared to the numbers being thrown around, he had a terrific year.

mafra

Legend
Berman (NY Post)

With the Knicks mulling re-signing Michael Beasley, they expressed interest in Pistons power forward Anthony Tolliver early Sunday morning when free agency began.

The Knicks are offering one-year deals with their $8.4 million mid-level exception as they hunt for a starting power forward as Kristaps Porzingis heals from knee surgery. The journeyman 33-year-old improved his 3-point shooting this season, finishing at 43 percent, the sixth-highest mark in the NBA. Five teams have expressed interest in Tolliver, including the Mavericks.

Another power forward on the Knicks? radar, Ersan Ilyasova, went off the board as he reached a three-year deal with the Bucks for $21 million.

ESPN reported the Knicks expressed interest in swingman Mario Hezonja ? whom general manager Scott Perry drafted while he was with the Magic ? who came on late in the season for Orlando.

Hezonja was headed toward draft-bust status before he came on late in the season, which means he could be in store for a multi-year deal elsewhere. Sources indicated before free agency that Perry had reservations about Hezonja regarding a significant contract.

Mike1989

Rookie
Well we could have had Quinn's replacement on a 1 yr 4M deal.

We might not need to sign anyone to fill O'Quinn's role...

Kanter / Noah / Robinson / Kornet

Even if we trade or buyout Noah, we should be fine with that trio of centers going into next season. Kanter will play the most minutes, then give the back up minutes to Robinson and Kornet to give them the opportunity to develop and prove they have long term futures with this team.

Don't get me wrong Ed Davis is a smart addition at that price, but he's 28/29 years old and is pretty much set in who he is at this stage in his career. I'd say if we intended to compete for the play offs then adding him made sense, but considering we are heading towards developing our young talent then his addition doesn't make as much sense with Kanter opting in. Had he opted out then that's another story because Davis could have started for us.

PG reportedly signing 4yr/137M deal with player option.Seems like a bargain compared to the numbers being thrown around, he had a terrific year.

They have got PG for a very good price when compared to someone like Wiggins. OKC seem pretty well set going into next season.

Read on HoopsHype that Knicks have meeting scheduled with Hezonja. I had thought he had priced himself out for us by playing well to end last season, but who knows?

Outside of Hezonja, we are talking to Amir Johnson, Anthony Tolliver, and Trevor Booker who I?m estimating have a combined 50 years in the NBA.

get this done you bums!!!!

Don?t know the financial specifics, but this seems like a no brainer for both parties. Knicks get a high upside player and Hezonja gets to play for a team where he can dramatically increase his free agency value for a long-term deal in 2019.

paris401

Starter
Don’t know the financial specifics, but this seems like a no brainer for both parties. Knicks get a high upside player and Hezonja gets to play for a team where he can dramatically increase his free agency value for a long-term deal in 2019.

the knicks will pay him X for 1 year... other teams will be him less then X for more then 1 year - if it was me (i wish it was), i'd take the longest possible contract... you guard against injury..

Broadway

All Star
lol Lebron thought more of himself and this is the first time in his career he's left scrambling a little

lol @ The Lakers

mafra

Legend
I still think he picks LAK if they get Cousins or KL. I read that DEN is also making a run at LJ.

MH a no-brainer for both sides. He wants bright lights of NYC and sees our Euro-centric roster. We have Timmy, Dotson, Knox, LT as our SG-SF, so he sees a clear path to plenty of minutes.

Knicks need to collect as many young assets as possible. Unless a SAC offers him a 30 mil deal... I see it happening.

I like those vet PFs but they are types for next year. We need the kids to play. Now, if you?re trading LT and LEE and want leadership... fine. Otherwise, offer all we have for this season to MH.

Knits
Timmy
MH
Knox
Kanter