2018 NBA Free Agency

mafra

Legend
Flip Ball for a 1st... to ORL or something.

Stretch Deng.

Trade Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and 1st for KL.

Sign Cousins.

We?ll trade them Lee.

Sign Tyreke Evans or Jamal Crawford.

Re-sign Randle and KCP.

mafra

Legend
Lakers have all their future 1st round picks. Could make a downright silly offer to add another star with Lebron, but how do you get better than GS and Houston? The more I think about this, the less sense this all makes.

LA?s 1st rounders mean little. Next 3-4 years they?ll be picks in the mid to late 20s.

Stretch Deng.

Sign Cousins.

We?ll trade them Lee.

Re-sign Randle and KCP.

As good a plan as any. I especially like the part where they take Lee off our books.

Broadway

All Star

Stretch Deng.

Sign Cousins.

We’ll trade them Lee.

Re-sign Randle and KCP.

Spurs have supposedly already asked for at least 3 picks and 2 players...Can't trade picks in consecutive yrs, so already really difficult to get a deal done Spurs don't have to trade him. The Lakers then resigned KCP to $12mil and there are talks Brook Lopez is getting ready to resign. They only have $13mil of Cap Space without resigning Lopez but could clear another $10mil if they stretch Deng or find a trade for him outright without taking back salary

Looks the Lakers will get Lebron and that's it for now

mafra

Legend
LeBron knows this is a 1-2 year ?rebuild?... Lakers simply have to do what it takes to get KL, and then get Cousins.

LeBron
KL
Cousins

The rest will figure itself out.

Knicks are trash...this was one of the easiest signings and couldn't get this done. Trust me 2019 isn't going to be good at all

If you can't get deals like this done what makes anyone believe we can do better. NO WAY!

I?m guessing we offered less money. Our front office is bad. The time to change it will be prior to the 2019 offseason, otherwise expect more THJ type signings in our future.

mafra

Legend
I have to admit... that is bad. If we supposedly wanted him... we could get get him on that same deal?

Now... Perry may feel ?burn me twice, shame on me.? And maybe both offers were equal but he wanted a playoff team.

Just furthers the notion that we can?t even sign C type free agents.

They only way we get a max guy next year is if flat earth Kyrie simply wants to come home. We just don?t have a front office to convince anybody to sign here.

This is why i call LAK now and take their bad conctracts if they give us Ingram.

Knits, Knox, Ingram, KP, lottery pick in 2019.

mafra

Legend
Wow. That was an exciting 90 seconds... I was gonna say... if Perry couldn?t seal that deal...

mafra

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
6m
The Knicks and Hezonja close out a tough recruitment, where several teams -- including Portland, Sacramento and Memphis -- competed for a fifth overall pick from the 2015 NBA Draft. Hezonja was drawn to coach David Fizdale, after going thru several coaching changes in Orlando.

Broadway

All Star
Wow. That was an exciting 90 seconds... I was gonna say... if Perry couldn’t seal that deal...

It was a bad mistweet by Woj and he deleted and as we can see corrected.

Hell Yeah man I wanted this kid in 2015. Our team is about to be litty I wanted Hezonja and Mudiay in trade down scenarios in the 2015 draft....Lo and Behold they're both Knicks I can't believe this

That?s hilarious. Glad we got Hezonja. I still think our front office is bad, but they got the job done here.

mafra

Legend
Just shows that Fizdale/Perry are most competent duo we had in 20 years. And we are basically 12-months away from being relevant again.

mafra

Legend
It was a bad mistweet by Woj and he deleted and as we can see corrected.

Hell Yeah man I wanted this kid in 2015. Our team is about to be litty I wanted Hezonja and Mudiay in trade down scenarios in the 2015 draft....Lo and Behold they're both Knicks I can't believe this

Yes! With Mudiay and MH, and even Burke and Kanter... it?s like we actually had first round draft picks all those years we gave them away.

Up to coaching now. No reason not to think that our foundation is already in place: MH, KP, Kanter, Mudiay, Burke, Knits, Dotson, Robinson, Knox, Trier, Robinson, Kornet.

Sprinkle in a lottery pick next year with a max free agent. From there, MLEs and other exemption types come crawling to jump
On ship a winner.

We finally have hope!

5 of the top 7 picks in the 2015 draft now play in NYC. Weird.

As an aside, if you believe reports, Fizdale has turned into a huge weapon for this franchise even without ever actually having coached a game for us. Man, I sure hope the man lives up to the hype for us.

Broadway

All Star
5 of the top 7 picks in the 2015 draft now play in NYC. Weird.

As an aside, if you believe reports, Fizdale has turned into a huge weapon for this franchise even without ever actually having coached a game for us. Man, I sure hope the man lives up to the hype for us.

Yeah as both of you said, this is real hope. Guys who are all close to each other in age and need to make something of themselves, something to prove how can we not be excited

mafra

Legend
Best part of this deal is it means we definitely just give Lee away and he?s off our 2019 books.

Plus, we can go over cap to re-sign MH and Kanter.

I really hope Fiz can develop these kids. There?s some series talent...

Mudiay
Knits
Knox
MH
Kanter

Burke is 6th man.

All young and no alpha dog. Fizdale can mold this group and get them ready for when we insert KP.

Let them learn how to play with one another. Chemistry and team defense. I?m so psyched to have a team... not vets playing for their next gig.

No tanking. Just developing. We?re in the incubation stage. Losing means nothing if we see a team that competes and learns.

Then.. KP returns... lottery stud selected... max guy signs... vets flock to get on the train. 2019-2022 is our time!!!