Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

“When you play with energy, things go well,’’ the 20-year-old Robinson said afterward. “When you work hard, it’s not that hard to do. You got to focus and play hard. That’s it.”

“He’s got elite quickness off his feet, but the question is: Does it get negated when he’s going against 260-pound guys?” one NBA scout said.

If Irving is mulling the Knicks as a 2019 free agent, which sources say he is, then he had to like what he saw in the super athletic Robinson, as he sat next to Jaylen Brown.

On social media, the intrigue grew with free agent Jimmy Butler “liking” a message about pairing up with Irving to join the Knicks. Butler and Irving reportedly want to join forces, but the Knicks don’t have the cap space for two max players.

A man of few words, Mitchell, who is averaging 4.1 blocks per game, likes to keep it simple. Asked what makes him a good shot-blocker, Mitchell said, “You know the player either has to shoot it or pass it.’’

After dropping out of Western Kentucky, as the story goes, he spent every day training for the NBA, even having a session with Pelicans center Anthony Davis.

“Was an everyday thing,’’ Mitchell said. “No days off. Only days off was Sunday. That’s church day, but we just grinded every day. I picked [Davis’] brain. He’s been in the league for a while now, showed me a lot of things, ins and outs.”

Robinson leads NYK to a victory over NO. 14/12 w/ 5 blocks.

Ochefu looked good again.

Look at Robinsons numbers compared to Ayton. Granted Ayton didn't look like a world beater in summer league but he was the number 1 pick. Robinson very similar production to Ayton with what I thought was better perimeter defense where he got some of his blocks. What separates some of the best teams is picking up that gem in the later rounds ala Manu, Draymon and Robinson might be our guy.

GP MP PTS FGM ATT % RB APG St Blocks
    Ayton, Deandre PHX 4 26.8 14.5 22 37 60% 10.5 0.0 1.0 1.00
    Robinson, Mitchel NYK 4 26.0 12.8 23 32 72% 9.8 0.0 1.0 3.80
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jul 13, 2018 at 19:32.

Veteran

I think Kupchak is gonna regret trading Diallo to OKC, I understand they have some depth on their roster the position he plays but Geeez it looks like it may turn out to be a very bad deal.

The way to build a contender in this age, if you don’t have a top 5 player... is to hit on 3 lottery picks and find a gem in the second round. This is a must and takes 3 drafts to accomplish.

We can only hope KP, Knits, Knox, and Robinson are the answer for us.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Look at Robinsons numbers compared to Ayton. Granted Ayton didn't look like a world beater in summer league but he was the number 1 pick. Robinson very similar production to Ayton with what I thought was better perimeter defense where he got some of his blocks. What separates some of the best teams is picking up that gem in the later rounds ala Manu, Draymon and Robinson might be our guy.

GP MP PTS FGM ATT % RB APG St Blocks
    Ayton, Deandre PHX 4 26.8 14.5 22 37 60% 10.5 0.0 1.0 1.00
    Robinson, Mitchel NYK 4 26.0 12.8 23 32 72% 9.8 0.0 1.0 3.80

Robinson's consistent performance in summer league games has rated Robinson to be (or should a been) a top 20 pick in 2018 draft-class ..
    Its like the Knicks got lucky by selecting two first round picks in Knox/Robinson .. Yeah! I must admit I liked Robinson 2-Way performance in the summer league games much more than Knox 1-Way performance.
    It will be interested to see how well a front-court big lineup Kanter/Robinson/Knox gell throughout the 2 rookies season.

What I like most about Robinson, is the for with KP, Knits, and Knox.

I like the fit of the roster there... defense at the point and in the paint... 2 naturally gifted offensive players at the F positions...

It goes well and MR plays exactly what I want in a modern C.

Originally Posted by Broadway
    This is why it won't be a cakewalk for Lebron and the Lakers...you also have Phx with a nice young core group of talent

Booker/Jackson/Ayton/Bridges/Chris/Len/Bender/Warren all under 25
    Bagley with the play of the game a posterizing dunk over Mo Wagner. I liked the squad the Kings put out there, Fox, Bagley, Mason, JJ, Giles, maybe this is the year they turn it around.
    Chicago young core [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Wendell Carter, Zach Lavine and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Dunn, Jabari.

Broadway what do you think? Suns unproven but more upside? Bulls can make some noise if Parker and Lavine can play some defense.

Veteran

Chicago young core [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Wendell Carter, Zach Lavine and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Dunn, Jabari.

Broadway what do you think? Suns unproven but more upside? Bulls can make some noise if Parker and Lavine can play some defense.
    I just commented in the Free Agency thread Bulls should make the playoffs...I really like their mix of young talent. I'll say Heat and Cavs will surrender playoff spots to Bulls and Pistons this yr