Broadway

All Star
Knox looks great...

Knits not so much, he?a an off ball guard not a point

Dotson don?t look half bad in that he?s locked in to what we?re running

Knox looks great...

Knits not so much, he?a an off ball guard not a point

Dotson don?t look half bad in that he?s locked in to what we?re running

I only caught some of the 1st half, but yeah, I am disappointed to see that Ntilikina looks just as bad running the point as he did during his rookie season.

Knox and Robinson look crazy athletic but super raw. Dotson looks like he is ready to fight for a bigger role this season. Ntilikina needs to stop telegraphing his passes.

Broadway

All Star
Trae looks better than Knits just off point guard play alone and nothing else...although Knits just dropped a nice dime to Robsinson(NICE!)

tiger0330

Legend
Nice win against a team that has already played 3 games, all losses in the Utah Summer League. Knox said what I said that the boys had a lot of run already with Fiz wanting to get a jump on the season so they had a lot of time together to be ready for this game.

Liked all our picks this year, Knox with a 20pt 8RB game, Robinson 4 blocks looking like an elite rim protector, with the mobility to defend the perimeter, Trier with 15 pts. Nits some nice dimes at the end and a bucket but overall a meh game for me esp for a 2nd year player that got 20mpg last season, he doesn't look like he made much improvement in his offensive game since last season.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 28

Broadway

All Star
Nice win against a team that has already played 3 games, all losses in the Utah Summer League. Knox said what I said that the boys had a lot of run already with Fiz wanting to get a jump on the season so they had a lot of time together to be ready for this game.

Liked all our picks this year, Knox with a 20pt 8RB game, Robinson 4 blocks looking like an elite rim protector, with the mobility to defend the perimeter, Trier with 15 pts. Nits some nice dimes at the end and a bucket but overall a meh game for me esp for a 2nd year player that got 20mpg last season, he doesn't look like he made much improvement in his offensive game since last season.

Disappointed in Knits tremendously because Fizdale said every position is up for grabs and I didn't see any determination out of him today.

He needs to make up for loss development something major because as we saw in today's game I saw leaps from Collins and Dorsey's personal games. We got more youth in our program this yr but once again we are behind the 8-ball here with the rest of the league. I see leaps thus far in Isaac, Giles, Furkan, Monk's, Thornwell's game too

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I think Knicks got 2 steals in Trier and Robinson. Again, both of these players were lottery type prospects their senior years in HS.

Man, if we had Mitchell to boast with Knox and KP.... to go with Trier, Burke, MH, and Robinson... I would be so happy.

Knox is legit folks. Robinson and Knox need time.... but they are gonna make us a smile a lot this season anyway.

Knits disappointing.... He?s never gonna be a star. We just hope he?s a dependable rotation player. But if we get a star in knox and 2 rotation pieces in Robinson and Trier, then I?ll be cool with it.

tiger0330

Legend
I think Knicks got 2 steals in Trier and Robinson. Again, both of these players were lottery type prospects their senior years in HS.

Man, if we had Mitchell to boast with Knox and KP.... to go with Trier, Burke, MH, and Robinson... I would be so happy.

Knox is legit folks. Robinson and Knox need time.... but they are gonna make us a smile a lot this season anyway.

Knits disappointing.... He’s never gonna be a star. We just hope he’s a dependable rotation player. But if we get a star in knox and 2 rotation pieces in Robinson and Trier, then I’ll be cool with it.
Lot of guys still hold out hope Nits is going to be a star, one meh game in summer league is not changing their minds. I'm giving him until the ASG and if he hasn't improved under the tutelage of Fiz I think you can throw in the towel that he'll be a starting PG in the league. He's PJ's guy, and looking like another mistake.

There are aspects of Ntilikina?s game on offense that can be fixed. Clearly working out didn?t accomplish that. Announcers talked up our player development coach. He has to make some significant changes to both Ntilikina and Mudiay to make either of them a starting PG. If that doesn?t happen, it should be Trey Burke as our starting PG.

mafra

Legend
Some series dunks!!! Check out these highlights:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1015742390479581185/video/1

?Incredibly impressive debut for Kevin Knox.

Jumped off the screen. Confident offensively. Scored on all three levels. Got to the FT line 8 times. Better than advertised on the defensive end.

22 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a block?

Some more highlights.... Knits and Robinson with monster blocks.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/7/7/17544842/knicks-91-hawks-89-scenes-from-the-2018-summer-league-debut

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
How did Knox fall to 9?

ATL really took Young ahead of him?
I wouldn't throw in the towel on Trae just yet, the kid has outstanding court vision and passing ability and he's got that ability to hit 30 ft 3s. Legit ability to get to the basket as well.

I was listening to this guy David Locke who was doing the Utah Summer League color, a smart analyst said it's proven that if a guy can dominate at 18-20 years old you probably have a star in the making, the corollary is if a guy is 22-24 before he becomes an impact player it's a warning sign that you probably have a good role player and nothing more. If true Knox may be a stud a few years down the road and Dotson won't be here. I guess Perry knows the odds as well picking Knox over Bridges.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
How did Knox fall to 9?

ATL really took Young ahead of him?

Young was great today and is clearly going to make players better around him. Not a given he'll be better than Knox but he showed today why he was picked 5th.

Robinson and Trier will only be steals based on a couple conditions...

1 ~ They have to outplay their contemporaries from this summer's draft

2 ~ More importantly replace the vets on this team sooner than later as in get a lions share minutes in the rotation or make us feel we can trade them this yr without feeling necessary to get veteran presence in return

Broadway

All Star
I wouldn't throw in the towel on Trae just yet, the kid has outstanding court vision and passing ability and he's got that ability to hit 30 ft 3s. Legit ability to get to the basket as well.

I was listening to this guy David Lloyd who was doing the Utah Summer League color, a smart analyst said it's proven that if a guy can dominate at 18-20 years old you probably have a star in the making, the corollary is if a guy is 22-24 before he becomes an impact player it's a warning sign that you probably have a good role player and nothing more. If true Knox may be a stud a few years down the road and Dotson won't be here. I guess Perry knows the odds as well picking Knox over Bridges.

Remember also Knicks were one of the teams trying to trade up to 5 in the 23rd hour, we know it wasn't for Porter or Bridges and I highly doubt it was for Knox. So who were we looking to pass on Knox for?