NBA Summer League 2018

mafra

Legend
Knits and Robinson locking down the defense... KP and Knox working he offrnse. Come on Kyrie, Lillard, Kemba, Kawhi, and Butler. 2 of you and we?re contenders!

The battle for SG minutes between Dotson and Trier is gonna be intense. Hopefully, we have a front office capable of trading Timmy and Lee... get these kids experience!

mafra

Legend
Young was great today and is clearly going to make players better around him. Not a given he'll be better than Knox but he showed today why he was picked 5th.

Robinson and Trier will only be steals based on a couple conditions...

1 ~ They have to outplay their contemporaries from this summer's draft

2 ~ More importantly replace the vets on this team sooner than later as in get a lions share minutes in the rotation or make us feel we can trade them this yr without feeling necessary to get veteran presence in return

I?m not sure how much playing time they?ll see with the other kids and vets we have. I think Fizdale is smart enough to use this season to invest in our talent and build assets. Lakers at this point last year didn?t know what they had in Ball-Kuzma-Hart. Let?s hope we get the same from our 3 kids.

I?m just saying... all 3 of these kids were stars in AAU and HS... top of class talent. We know it?s there.

Anyway, If think Fiz will ignore their deficiencies bc he?ll harp on them to simply focus on their strengths. Go out and do what you can do now... do that well... then work on branching out and improving.

When KP returns... we should have an elite defense.

mafra

Legend
Hype is starting to build around New York Knicks rookie small forward Kevin Knox after he scored 22 points in 30 minutes against the Atlanta Hawks in his NBA Summer League debut Saturday.

Knox, the ninth overall pick in the 2018 draft, added eight rebounds, two assists, a steal and a block to lead the Knicks to a 91-89 victory.

"He's f--king really good," an NBA executive told Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic before the game. "A real stud."

Maybe people already suspected this, but sounds like there is already talk that Michael Porter Jr might not play at all this coming season. I did not realize that was the situation coming out of the draft.

Hype is starting to build around New York Knicks rookie small forward Kevin Knox after he scored 22 points in 30 minutes against the Atlanta Hawks in his NBA Summer League debut Saturday.

Knox, the ninth overall pick in the 2018 draft, added eight rebounds, two assists, a steal and a block to lead the Knicks to a 91-89 victory.

"He's f--king really good," an NBA executive told Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic before the game. "A real stud."

I?m ready to get on the Knox hype train, but I do think people are going a little overboard after one Summer League game.

We play Utah at 9PM EST tonight (Sunday). Would love to see an even more explosive performance from Knox, not to mention a better showing from Ntilikina.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great first game debut by our 19 yr old (above the rim) draft pick Keven Knox, you have to luv his speed n quickness to get to the rim. Knox will become our fast-break special A train.
The only weakness showed by Knox were taking those STUPID 3-ball shots 1-7 (Knox has enough tools in his performance where he dont need to add a 3 ball shot in rookie or 2nd season performance) other than that Knox all-around performance in his first summer league game has surpass the so-call Knicks future star Mr. injury-prone "TIRED-KP" hyped-up one game summer league performance (I really hope KP stay injured throughout the 2018-19 season).
Robinson and Triers all-around team performance in the Knicks first summer-league game showed great 2-Way promise on the court, plus both players has home-made moves to get to the foul line.
Frank Knits pass-first performance in the summer league games were great to show all his teammates offensive talent .. Dotson and Troy Williams added a well 2-Way performance hustle to pickup on any slack we had on the court.
The Knicks 9 Man rotation performance played very well together for their first game of the summer league ..
The Knicks has some decent young KEEPERS above coach Fiz need to give consistent playing-time to in the regular season.
I will be looking for improve-chemistry each game from the Knicks top-KEEPERS in the summer-league tournament !!!

Trae Young and Collins and Dorsey played a dynamic game for the Hawks vs Knicks in the summer league games ..
the Hawks has a nice young-core group to develop the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Knicks are sold on Mitchell Robinson. Just read online they are trying to sign him to at least a 3-year deal with team options. He will be a bargain if he pans out and they lock him up now.

Broadway

All Star
Maybe people already suspected this, but sounds like there is already talk that Michael Porter Jr might not play at all this coming season. I did not realize that was the situation coming out of the draft.

I posted in the draft thread GM(s) recommended he might take the whole yr off before he was selected and if the Bulls didn't save him he'd fall.

Broadway

All Star
I’m ready to get on the Knox hype train, but I do think people are going a little overboard after one Summer League game.

Yeah especially when other players are playing well or have produced in their first couple games. He looked good while at the same time his jumper is type suspect and he will have to Knox down shots playing on the perimeter

mafra

Legend
Marc Berman
@NYPost_Berman
Source says Mitchell Robinson deal is three years plus a fourth-year team option. Averages roughly 1.6M per.

The Knicks announced they reached a multi-year deal with second-round center Mitchell Robinson.

Though terms of the deal were undisclosed, the New York Post's Marc Berman reports it will include two guaranteed years with options for Years Nos. 3 and 4, and could be worth as much as $1.6 million.

Robinson, the No. 36 pick, got his first game action in over a year on Saturday in the Knicks' first Summer League contest against the Hawks. He decided to train for the NBA Draft instead of enrolling at Western Kentucky. Robinson posted nine points, eight rebounds, and four blocks in the team's win.

The 7-foot-1 Robinson was known to be a very athletic player, but his skills were raw and he was considered a project at the NBA level. However, Begley notes the Knicks have been impressed with his "comfort level and aggressive nature" during his workouts in Las Vegas.

"Man, is he athletic," Fizdale said via Marc Berman of the New York Post. "You would've thought he was playing the whole time. That's how solid he's been."

Mitchell Robinson signs with Knicks for 4 years at average of 1.6 million per year. 4th year is team option. Not all of the 4.8 million in the 1st 3 years is guaranteed. This contract could look brilliant if Robinson becomes a regular rotation player for us (let alone a future starter). Biggest takeaway for me is that Robinson must be impressing at workouts, too.

Marc Berman
@NYPost_Berman
Source says Mitchell Robinson deal is three years plus a fourth-year team option. Averages roughly 1.6M per.

The Knicks announced they reached a multi-year deal with second-round center Mitchell Robinson.

Though terms of the deal were undisclosed, the New York Post's Marc Berman reports it will include two guaranteed years with options for Years Nos. 3 and 4, and could be worth as much as $1.6 million.

Robinson, the No. 36 pick, got his first game action in over a year on Saturday in the Knicks' first Summer League contest against the Hawks. He decided to train for the NBA Draft instead of enrolling at Western Kentucky. Robinson posted nine points, eight rebounds, and four blocks in the team's win.

The 7-foot-1 Robinson was known to be a very athletic player, but his skills were raw and he was considered a project at the NBA level. However, Begley notes the Knicks have been impressed with his "comfort level and aggressive nature" during his workouts in Las Vegas.

"Man, is he athletic," Fizdale said via Marc Berman of the New York Post. "You would've thought he was playing the whole time. That's how solid he's been."

I wonder if the NCAA is getting at least a little nervous that Robinson could be a trend setter for future top high school players.

mafra

Legend
Knits looking good early... hard to watch with split screen on sportsmix... but better than nothing.

Robinson with a dunk and a sweet move in the paint. He has 6 points already.

Broadway

All Star
Knits more aggressive to start and Robsinson knows his way in the paint around the rim. Knox pretty good off dribble and creating contact for fouls but he doesn't have a jumper

Anyone know how to watch the game?

I?m getting it on my phone with the ESPN app which is linked to my Spectrum account, so not great.

Ntilikina with 4 points and 3 assists in 6 minutes and no ugly turnovers. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

Knox and Robinson look like the 2 best athletes on the floor by far.