Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    12th man

Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nice win against a team that has already played 3 games, all losses in the Utah Summer League. Knox said what I said that the boys had a lot of run already with Fiz wanting to get a jump on the season so they had a lot of time together to be ready for this game.

Liked all our picks this year, Knox with a 20pt 8RB game, Robinson 4 blocks looking like an elite rim protector, with the mobility to defend the perimeter, Trier with 15 pts. Nits some nice dimes at the end and a bucket but overall a meh game for me esp for a 2nd year player that got 20mpg last season, he doesn't look like he made much improvement in his offensive game since last season.
    Disappointed in Knits tremendously because Fizdale said every position is up for grabs and I didn't see any determination out of him today.

He needs to make up for loss development something major because as we saw in today's game I saw leaps from Collins and Dorsey's personal games. We got more youth in our program this yr but once again we are behind the 8-ball here with the rest of the league. I see leaps thus far in Isaac, Giles, Furkan, Monk's, Thornwell's game too
    Last edited by Broadway; Jul 07, 2018 at 20:57.

I think Knicks got 2 steals in Trier and Robinson. Again, both of these players were lottery type prospects their senior years in HS.

Man, if we had Mitchell to boast with Knox and KP.... to go with Trier, Burke, MH, and Robinson... I would be so happy.

Knox is legit folks. Robinson and Knox need time.... but they are gonna make us a smile a lot this season anyway.

Knits disappointing.... Heís never gonna be a star. We just hope heís a dependable rotation player. But if we get a star in knox and 2 rotation pieces in Robinson and Trier, then Iíll be cool with it.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I think Knicks got 2 steals in Trier and Robinson. Again, both of these players were lottery type prospects their senior years in HS.

Man, if we had Mitchell to boast with Knox and KP.... to go with Trier, Burke, MH, and Robinson... I would be so happy.

Knox is legit folks. Robinson and Knox need time.... but they are gonna make us a smile a lot this season anyway.

Knits disappointing.... He’s never gonna be a star. We just hope he’s a dependable rotation player. But if we get a star in knox and 2 rotation pieces in Robinson and Trier, then I’ll be cool with it.
    Lot of guys still hold out hope Nits is going to be a star, one meh game in summer league is not changing their minds. I'm giving him until the ASG and if he hasn't improved under the tutelage of Fiz I think you can throw in the towel that he'll be a starting PG in the league. He's PJ's guy, and looking like another mistake.

Veteran

There are aspects of Ntilikinaís game on offense that can be fixed. Clearly working out didnít accomplish that. Announcers talked up our player development coach. He has to make some significant changes to both Ntilikina and Mudiay to make either of them a starting PG. If that doesnít happen, it should be Trey Burke as our starting PG.

Some series dunks!!! Check out these highlights:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TommyBeer...581185/video/1

ďIncredibly impressive debut for Kevin Knox.

Jumped off the screen. Confident offensively. Scored on all three levels. Got to the FT line 8 times. Better than advertised on the defensive end.

22 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a blockĒ

Some more highlights.... Knits and Robinson with monster blocks.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/7/7/17544842/knicks-91-hawks-89-scenes-from-the-2018-summer-league-debut
    Last edited by mafra; Jul 07, 2018 at 23:26.

How did Knox fall to 9?

ATL really took Young ahead of him?

12th man

How did Knox fall to 9?

I wouldn't throw in the towel on Trae just yet, the kid has outstanding court vision and passing ability and he's got that ability to hit 30 ft 3s. Legit ability to get to the basket as well.

I was listening to this guy David Locke who was doing the Utah Summer League color, a smart analyst said it's proven that if a guy can dominate at 18-20 years old you probably have a star in the making, the corollary is if a guy is 22-24 before he becomes an impact player it's a warning sign that you probably have a good role player and nothing more. If true Knox may be a stud a few years down the road and Dotson won't be here. I guess Perry knows the odds as well picking Knox over Bridges.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jul 08, 2018 at 00:07.

Veteran

How did Knox fall to 9?

Young was great today and is clearly going to make players better around him. Not a given he'll be better than Knox but he showed today why he was picked 5th.

Robinson and Trier will only be steals based on a couple conditions...

1 ~ They have to outplay their contemporaries from this summer's draft

2 ~ More importantly replace the vets on this team sooner than later as in get a lions share minutes in the rotation or make us feel we can trade them this yr without feeling necessary to get veteran presence in return

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I wouldn't throw in the towel on Trae just yet, the kid has outstanding court vision and passing ability and he's got that ability to hit 30 ft 3s. Legit ability to get to the basket as well.

I was listening to this guy David Lloyd who was doing the Utah Summer League color, a smart analyst said it's proven that if a guy can dominate at 18-20 years old you probably have a star in the making, the corollary is if a guy is 22-24 before he becomes an impact player it's a warning sign that you probably have a good role player and nothing more. If true Knox may be a stud a few years down the road and Dotson won't be here. I guess Perry knows the odds as well picking Knox over Bridges.
    Remember also Knicks were one of the teams trying to trade up to 5 in the 23rd hour, we know it wasn't for Porter or Bridges and I highly doubt it was for Knox. So who were we looking to pass on Knox for?

Knits and Robinson locking down the defense... KP and Knox working he offrnse. Come on Kyrie, Lillard, Kemba, Kawhi, and Butler. 2 of you and weíre contenders!

The battle for SG minutes between Dotson and Trier is gonna be intense. Hopefully, we have a front office capable of trading Timmy and Lee... get these kids experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Young was great today and is clearly going to make players better around him. Not a given he'll be better than Knox but he showed today why he was picked 5th.

Robinson and Trier will only be steals based on a couple conditions...

1 ~ They have to outplay their contemporaries from this summer's draft

2 ~ More importantly replace the vets on this team sooner than later as in get a lions share minutes in the rotation or make us feel we can trade them this yr without feeling necessary to get veteran presence in return
    Iím not sure how much playing time theyíll see with the other kids and vets we have. I think Fizdale is smart enough to use this season to invest in our talent and build assets. Lakers at this point last year didnít know what they had in Ball-Kuzma-Hart. Letís hope we get the same from our 3 kids.

Iím just saying... all 3 of these kids were stars in AAU and HS... top of class talent. We know itís there.

Anyway, If think Fiz will ignore their deficiencies bc heíll harp on them to simply focus on their strengths. Go out and do what you can do now... do that well... then work on branching out and improving.

When KP returns... we should have an elite defense.

John Collins looked pretty good. 30 points.

Hype is starting to build around New York Knicks rookie small forward Kevin Knox after he scored 22 points in 30 minutes against the Atlanta Hawks in his NBA Summer League debut Saturday.

Knox, the ninth overall pick in the 2018 draft, added eight rebounds, two assists, a steal and a block to lead the Knicks to a 91-89 victory.

"He's f--king really good," an NBA executive told Mike Vorkunov of The Athletic before the game. "A real stud."

Veteran

Maybe people already suspected this, but sounds like there is already talk that Michael Porter Jr might not play at all this coming season. I did not realize that was the situation coming out of the draft.