Should we keep and play Noah for the upcoming 2018-19 season ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Should we keep and play Noah for the upcoming 2018-19 season?
A) Yes
B) No .. wave or trade?

I say YES! For so many reason .. there are so many roles Noah could play for us in the upcoming season .. we have a young roster of Keepers in need of as much veteran ship help our management can provide for the upcoming season in the locker room/practice/and on the court .. the more playing time we give to a paint protecting Noah could only improve the outcome of our younger players skills and teamanship.
This is definitely the season we want to keep Noah's team-leadership and salary on the books. Our Mills/Perry management has the media printing the Knicks organization are looking into waiving Noah before the upcoming season. To waive Noah now to stretch 2 years of his salary looks like the worst possible outcome for the upcoming season, especially when we are gonna need both veteran big-men (Kanter's offense/Noah defense) to guide all our young inexperience players throughout the season.
Hopefully management will come up with a better solution.

paris401

Starter
Should we keep and play Noah for the upcoming 2018-19 season?
A) Yes
B) No .. wave or trade?

[we have a young roster of Keepers

WOW.. hope does spring eternal... we all start the season 0-0 - lets talk in feb and see how many 'keepers' we have...

mafra

Legend
No sense making this move now... we have from now until next July to stretch Noah. The numbers and all will be the same then, as it is now. Might as well give yourself 12 months to try to work out a deal.

Now, carrying a dead roster spot isn?t optimal... but, if he can groom Robinson and give us 8 minutes a night... cool.

Bottom line: Knicks need to shed 2 of the following 3, Lee/Noah/THjr, if they want to sign 2 max level free agents.

So, 1 needs to be stretch (if necessary) and the other traded (if not both).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd like to keep him. Defense, energy, hustle, passing, veteran leadership. He isn't taking shots from anybody, isn't gonna get big minutes most likely, and he could make others better. Considering how much rest he's been getting he might have a bounce back season.

tiger0330

Legend
I'd waive him after making the best effort to trade him. Skill wise he's done and he's been a lousy role model for our young players, best I think the Knicks can do is maybe get a discount on his buyout, unlikely and the salary offset if he manages to sign with another team after stretching him.

If they wait until Sept 1 to stretch him the Knicks would owe him this year's salary and stretch the remaining year of his contract over 3 seasons taking a cap hit of 6M over the 3 years but gaining 12M in cap space for next summer when the Knicks plan on going after a major player.

Tired of seeing that ugly perimeter shot and FT shooting of his, he's been a bust, arguably one of the top 5 busts in Knicks history.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I'd like to keep him. Defense, energy, hustle, passing, veteran leadership. He isn't taking shots from anybody, isn't gonna get big minutes most likely, and he could make others better. Considering how much rest he's been getting he might have a bounce back season.

I also see the better use of having a rested Noah in the upcoming season rotation as our lockerroom leader receiving 18 to 24 minute of playing-time a night off the bench in a frontcourt lineup of Noah/Robinson/Knox/plus having 6th man THJ n Frank at the guard spots coming off the bench to start the beginning of the season.
The thought of Noah becoming one of the top 5 improve players next season, will only boost teams interest in a off-season trade for Noah's 1 yr contract. Or keeping Noah final contract if the young-players had an improving season.

Phil Jax idea of Noah becoming a Knick to put KP under his wing to guide in the frontcourt did not work!
Noah having a new coach Fix (Fizdale) plus two hungry rookies (Knox/Robinson) that need plenty playing-time along side Frank at the point, and THJ as the first option on offense will definitely need Noah's veteran tactics on offensive ball-movement, and defensive switching for stops.
Coach Fix, having a 2nd unit lineup of Noah/Robinson/Knox/THJ/and Frank would only improve the lineup performance as the season goes on. That's only hoping if coach Fix .. starter lineup are Kanter/Vonleh/Hezonja/Lee/Burke or Mudiay ...