NBA Rookie Survey after the 2018 Summer League Games

Kiyaman

Legend
NBA Rookie Survey ....

http://www.nba.com/2018-19-nba-rookie-survey

My great steal player in the 2018 Draft class Mr. Mitchell Robinson got no love from the survey, but i believe Robinson will make an outstanding name for himself in the NBA throughout his rookie season .. the Man has super Potential !!!

It would become great if Knox becomes a serious candidate for ROY. With KP out of the picture for a while, Knox will have more opportunities to be the man on offense, yes, Knox is 19 yr old, raw, young to the NBA, but he looks physically fit with all types of athletic performance to show off in his rookie season.
Its an 82 game season though, not counting preaseaon, camp. I only Hope Fix (Fizdale) brings him off the bench at first. Understandable that fans want to see a potential ROY candidate start, right off the bat. At his age, and present level of conditioning, I feel it would be better not to rush things. It will be more important this season that Kevin gets experience in finishing games. Not starting Knox will give him more energy for the final push.

As for my steal of the draft Mr. Robinson, as soon as he starts sending bballs into orbit, and scoring above the rim, fans n players will get a crash course on who was the Steal of the 2018 draft class !!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks fans are (justifiably) excited about rookies Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson after the pair?s strong showing in this year?s Vegas Summer League, but now we have the extremely important and scientifically accurate 2018 rookie survey by NBA.com?s John Schuhmann to back up our grandiose expectations for the rooks.

The survey, conducted yearly by Schuhmann at the rookie photo shoot, asks the few dozen rookies in attendance to pick their favorites for some superlatives. Lo and behold, the Knicks were very well-represented this year, proving that Knox and Robinson?s Summer League performances made an impression on their peers.

Knox came in tied for third with Luka Doncic as the favorite for Rookie of the Year with nine percent of the vote, behind first pick Deandre Ayton and Collin Sexton, who each took home 18 percent of the vote. Fret not, though ? last year?s Rookie of the Year Ben Simmons and runner-up Donovan Mitchell each only got 5.7 percent of the vote a year ago (Dennis Smith Jr. got a whopping 25.7 percent of the vote in first place).

Knox came in tied for second place in the ?Which rookie will have the best career?? category with 10 percent of the vote, trailing only the Bulls? Wendell Carter Jr. and tied with the Clippers? Jerome Robinson.

Knox and Robinson got some honorable mentions as well, with Knox popping up in the ?best shooter? category, and Robinson in the ?biggest steal? and ?best defender? spots. (How did Mitch not at least finish in the money for ?biggest steal?? I mean, c?mon!)

What?s all of this ultimately good for? Nothing, probably! But it?s a nice change of pace to have a groundswell of support and admiration for some young Knicks. The fact that New York has not one, but two rookies in the national conversation is something I could get used to.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...inson-got-some-love-in-the-2018-rookie-survey

tiger0330

Legend
Nice post mafra. I said I was more excited about Knox than I was for Porzingis. 4th picks you expect to become solid players. 9th picks are a little more iffy, Knox comparison to Tatum are not entirely all hype so that's why I'm excited about him. Robinson had a terrific SL equaling Ayton, 36th pick playing as well as the number one pick, have to be excited about that also. Very exciting off-season, can't wait until these new revamped Knicks play this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
I see Mitchell Robinson being the biggest steal in the draft .. plus a huge future building block for the Knicks organization .. this guy has 2-Way star written all over him, elite athlete with range and incredible defensive instincts, elite offensive rebounding ability.
I see rookie Mitchell Robinson starting for the Knicks around the all star break if coach Fix has Robinson performing at the PF spot throughout his rookie season, by being in lineups along side of Noah then Kanter. I would like for our future center Robinson to get seasoned by being in lineups alongside veteran centers Noah then Kanter throughout his rookie season.

The Knicks has 5 young raw star players that has great potential to provide us with a .500 season in the weak East in PF-KP .. C/F-Mitchell .. SF-Knox .. Combo-Guard Frank Knits .. and PG-Trey Burke. Plus hopefully one or both of the new young FA we signed in the offseason .. Mario Hezonja or Noah Vonleh step-up their performance to become keeper role-players in the upcoming season.