Noah Noah Noah .. what to do with Joakim Noah?

Kiyaman

Legend
What should the Knicks do with Joakim Noah two year contract?
33 yr old Noah, has two years and $37.8 million left on his contract.

My observation of the (Dolan/Mills/Perry) Knicks .. For the Knicks to finally have a decent winning season the new head coach and the young Knicks team will desperately need the services of Joakim Noah eleven year Vet leadership in the Knicks locker-room, practice, and in the game rotation to have a .500 season.

The Knicks has two future star rookies in Knox and Robinson that Noah could put under his wing to teach the next two season for the $37M.

tiger0330

Legend
According to[FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] t[/FONT]his the Knicks still intend to trade or stretch him before camp. Forget trading him, no one wants him, even that TWolves story that they wanted to sign him when he got waived was shot down. If Noah can't play for the Timberbulls who can he play for?

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I think someone said by waiting past a September cutoff, the cap hit would be less by waiving/stretching Noah. I?m guessing the team has realized Noah is untradeable without including a 1st round pick and that Noah doesn?t have a place getting minutes on this young lottery team.

tiger0330

Legend
I think someone said by waiting past a September cutoff, the cap hit would be less by waiving/stretching Noah. I’m guessing the team has realized Noah is untradeable without including a 1st round pick and that Noah doesn’t have a place getting minutes on this young lottery team.
By waiting until Sept 1, the Knicks are on the hook for this season's salary and can only stretch next year's salary for 3 years. Why stretch him now when the cap impact would be the same if we waited until next July to waive him? I said he hasn't been a great role model for our young players and he's a potential distraction to the team if he bitches about his role on the team, he's not in the Knicks future and the Knicks would be doing him a favor by releasing him and giving him the chance to catch on with another team.

mafra

Legend
I agree... no need to rush this now. Only disadvantage is that we play with 1 less roster spot, which Noah will fill. Other than that, we need to do everything possible to rid ourselves of this salary for next year. Might as well wait until last minute (next July).

tiger0330

Legend
I'm thinking the brass is negotiating a buyout with him that might reduce the amount of salary that we owe him. If he signs with another team, we will also get a set off in the amount that gets stretched. It's possible that we can shave off a million or so from the cap hit when we stretch him. It's up to Noah, sit on the bench for a year or be flexible on terms of his buyout so he can play somewhere else this year.

Deng was in Noahs shoes. He gave up 7.5M in his Lakers buyout so he could play for the TWolves maybe Noah does the same.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
What should the Knicks do with Joakim Noah two year contract?
33 yr old Noah, has two years and $37.8 million left on his contract.

My observation of the (Dolan/Mills/Perry) Knicks .. For the Knicks to finally have a decent winning season the new head coach and the young Knicks team will desperately need the services of Joakim Noah eleven year Vet leadership in the Knicks locker-room, practice, and in the game rotation to have a .500 season.

The Knicks has two future star rookies in Knox and Robinson that Noah could put under his wing to teach the next two season for the $37M.

Nobody is planning to have a winning season. The opposite seems to be the case. This is going to be the mother of all tank jobs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nobody is planning to have a winning season. The opposite seems to be the case. This is going to be the mother of all tank jobs.

I believe if the Knicks consistently TANK another season in a row on purpose the value of the Knicks players will hit rock bottom and their confidence in the new head coach Fizdale will become 50% effort laying out a 2019 offseason where the average role-player free-agents will be looking for Max bucks to sign with a consistent Tanking Knicks team.

The Knicks mismanagement has been doing things backwards for way to long .. having a 11 year experience veteran center Joakim Noah skills and know how in the locker room and on the court should be the Knicks new head coach right hand-man to be the player/coach/captain/and Finisher to put teammates in a winning mode.
The 2018-19 Knicks having a decent season of .450 to .500 from players Noah, THJ, and Courtney Lee in the upcoming season their trade value will rise in the 2019 offseason.
I have not forgotten the Knicks 2012 winning roster of "Old-Timers" Kurt Thomas/Rasheed/KMartin/and Jason Kidd who showed us Knicks fans how old-time experience could win 54 games in the regular season plus make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm thinking the brass is negotiating a buyout with him that might reduce the amount of salary that we owe him. If he signs with another team, we will also get a set off in the amount that gets stretched. It's possible that we can shave off a million or so from the cap hit when we stretch him. It's up to Noah, sit on the bench for a year or be flexible on terms of his buyout so he can play somewhere else this year.

Deng was in Noahs shoes. He gave up 7.5M in his Lakers buyout so he could play for the TWolves maybe Noah does the same.

I am thinking bout all the many concepts of NBA B.ball our young future star players Frank/Burke/Knox/Robinson could learn from being in a rotation with Joakim Noah for one season.

mafra

Legend
Amen. Lance Thomas and Noah should be glued to Knox and Robinson. Showing them the ropes. Then we look to deal Noah?s expiring contract after season if need be. No sense rushing to keep Noah on books for 3 more seasons (until we exhaust every option, turn over every stone).

Remember how valuable Wallace, Kidd and Kurt Thomas were to our 50-win club?

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Noah can be beneficial to the young team, and can influence them a lot in a good way, but i don't think he will accept staying with the team without playing, and if he plays then his playing time will offset the benefit of his good influence because A) he can't play B) we should concentrate on developing our new players.

Shams Charania reporting that Knicks and Noah are near deal for stretch and waive. Trying to get it done as Noah is staying away from training camp.

tiger0330

Legend
Shams Charania reporting that Knicks and Noah are near deal for stretch and waive. Trying to get it done as Noah is staying away from training camp.
Supposedly going to happen before media day which is tomorrow. I'd expect him to give up 2.4M in his buyout equivalent to a 1 yr vet min deal he could sign with a team after he clears waivers. What a bust he was.

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont care what any one say, but this is called a Knicks organization Cop-Out from the upstairs office to Tank Tank Tank the 2018-19 season, by giving that long tenor BUM Lance Thomas (LOSER!) plenty of playing time to have another .350 season.

This is Knicks BULLSHUT !!!
According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, Joakim Noah and the Knicks are nearing an agreement on his waive and stretch.
Noah will not report to camp while the two sides finalize the details. Charania adds that Noah "has worked diligently this offseason" and that "several teams are monitoring his upcoming entrance in free agency." With Noah on the way out, Mitchell Robinson is the early favorite to back up Enes Kanter at center.
Source: Shams Charania on Twitter
Sep 23 - 9:11 AM

Joakim Noah has to be the best front-court coach on the Knicks team!
Noah happen to be the best qualified player/coach on the Knicks roster to teach teammates Kanter, Noah Vonleh, Mario Hezonja, KP, Mitchell Robinson, and Kevin Knox the roles of a winning/meshing front-court Big.
Joakim Noah has a long career of always being a high IQ winning 4th quarter player in the NCAA, and the NBA.
A 16 minute playing-time Joakim Noah in the Knicks 2018-19 rotation could show all the Knicks young-core players whats needed from them on the court.
Noah's injury was bad .. but expecting Noah to go a long with purposely TANKING two seasons in a row because thats what the Knicks upstair office demand .. has been one of the top reason the NBA top FA dont want to have anything to do with signing on to the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Excuse my above Post .. What frightens me bout the buyout .. How many days will it take the next team to sign Noah after the buyout ???

For decades I have been getting upset a lot from Dolan's upper office management decision's at the start of training camp, especially when it comes to vet players that did not agree with the previous coaching-staff, Knicks management never give these Vets a 2nd chance to play for the new head coach. Noah's expensive contract could have been used for several other things then playing, Noah could have been best used for coaching defensive strategies that creates fast-breaks to our young-core forward/center players the past two seasons.

Being reminded of Noah and his NYC roots and his love of this city kills me inside how his Knicks stint turned out this terrible.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Being reminded of Noah and his NYC roots and his love of this city kills me inside how his Knicks stint turned out this terrible.
Yeah. It wouldn't be shocking if he has a comeback season. This man plays his heart out on both ends of the floor. His favorite team growing up was the Knicks. Not often you get a player who gives 100%, is from New York, and their favorite team is the one they're on. Would have loved to see him lead this young team with the new staff.

tiger0330

Legend

Yeah. It wouldn't be shocking if he has a comeback season. This man plays his heart out on both ends of the floor. His favorite team growing up was the Knicks. Not often you get a player who gives 100%, is from New York, and their favorite team is the one they're on. Would have loved to see him lead this young team with the new staff.
If Noah really cared he could come into camp with Fiz saying every starting position is open and compete for a job. Guy is a phony that just wants to get paid for doing nothing, horrible signing by the Knicks buying that sales job that growing up in Hells Kitchen made him a perfect fit for the Knicks. Dude's skills were on the decline when he got here and he was never going to be our modern day stretch 4/5 , the guy had bust written all over him from day 1.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure why this is taking so long because I thought they needed Noah's spot to sign a player for training camp. Maybe the Knicks are trying to screw with him by making him miss all of camp so another team doesn't sign him after releasing him. He clearly wants out posting this.

Last edited:
Not sure why this is taking so long because I thought they needed Noah's spot to sign a player for training camp. Maybe the Knicks are trying to screw with him by making him miss all of camp so another team doesn't sign him after releasing him. He clearly wants out posting this.

Hmm. Weird. I thought we benefit from another team signing him as far as cap hit going forward.