Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran

Being reminded of Noah and his NYC roots and his love of this city kills me inside how his Knicks stint turned out this terrible.

Originally Posted by htr10
    Being reminded of Noah and his NYC roots and his love of this city kills me inside how his Knicks stint turned out this terrible.
    Yeah. It wouldn't be shocking if he has a comeback season. This man plays his heart out on both ends of the floor. His favorite team growing up was the Knicks. Not often you get a player who gives 100%, is from New York, and their favorite team is the one they're on. Would have loved to see him lead this young team with the new staff.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

12th man

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Yeah. It wouldn't be shocking if he has a comeback season. This man plays his heart out on both ends of the floor. His favorite team growing up was the Knicks. Not often you get a player who gives 100%, is from New York, and their favorite team is the one they're on. Would have loved to see him lead this young team with the new staff.
    If Noah really cared he could come into camp with Fiz saying every starting position is open and compete for a job. Guy is a phony that just wants to get paid for doing nothing, horrible signing by the Knicks buying that sales job that growing up in Hells Kitchen made him a perfect fit for the Knicks. Dude's skills were on the decline when he got here and he was never going to be our modern day stretch 4/5 , the guy had bust written all over him from day 1.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Sep 26, 2018 at 17:53.

12th man

Not sure why this is taking so long because I thought they needed Noah's spot to sign a player for training camp. Maybe the Knicks are trying to screw with him by making him miss all of camp so another team doesn't sign him after releasing him. He clearly wants out posting this.

Last edited by tiger0330; Sep 28, 2018 at 17:08.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Not sure why this is taking so long because I thought they needed Noah's spot to sign a player for training camp. Maybe the Knicks are trying to screw with him by making him miss all of camp so another team doesn't sign him after releasing him. He clearly wants out posting this.

Hmm. Weird. I thought we benefit from another team signing him as far as cap hit going forward.

12th man

Hmm. Weird. I thought we benefit from another team signing him as far as cap hit going forward.
    The bulk of any cap savings is going to come from his buyout, the set off will depend on how much he signs for with another team and is a formula that is I think half the difference between the salary he signs for and the minimum. I would think that he is not willing to give up anything and that's the snag with Perry wanting him to give up perhaps $4.8M or 2 years of a minimum contract he might sign elsewhere. The Knicks can wait him out because we're on the hook for his entire salary this season whether we waive him today or 3 months from now. Only problem is he's eating up a roster spot but I do think it gets done before Oct. 17.

12th man

Reading that set off rule, that's definitely the snag. If we just straight waive Noah at his full contract and he signs elsewhere for the 10 yr vet min, the Knicks would get about $500K in cap space back or half the difference between the 10yr vet min of 2.4M and the 1yr vet min of 1.4M, big difference than if the Knicks buy him out with him giving back 2-5M.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Reading that set off rule, that's definitely the snag. If we just straight waive Noah at his full contract and he signs elsewhere for the 10 yr vet min, the Knicks would get about $500K in cap space back or half the difference between the 10yr vet min of 2.4M and the 1yr vet min of 1.4M, big difference than if the Knicks buy him out with him giving back 2-5M.
    At the end of last season .. It would have been best for Mills to sit down and talk an experience Noah into playing one full season with the Knicks new coach .. especially if Mills had his mind on signing coach Fizdale, plus drafting two Big-men out of the 2018 draft.

Noah's twitters has become very interesting to the majority of 2019 and 2020 NBA FA !!!
    Recall Knick mismanagement signed head coach Derek Fisher to a 4 yr contract, then Fired him after a yr and half.
    Plus sign Rubin Lopez to a 4 yr contract, then traded him after one season .. that's the reason Noah's agent asked for a four-year, $72 million contract.

After the Firing of Phil Jackson .. It was Mills #1 job to sign a GM that were capable of putting together an experience coaching-staff that could get certain players meshing on the same-page on the court. Certain players like Melo, Noah, Timmy, Lee, Lance, O'Quinn, and KP !!!
    Didn't Happen!
    O'Quinn has left the Knick to play for a winning team .. A healthy Noah's waiting for a buy-out that agrees with him to leave NY to go play for a winning team.

12th man

Knicks want him to give back more money and Noah is not having it.
    The issue though is the players' union is probably not going to let the Knicks just keep him away from the team .. especially If he's not hurt and has done nothing wrong .. then the players' union is going to make an issue of it. Dont worry the player union should get this issue resolved soon.

Veteran

Knicks to stretch/waive Noah and are left on the hook for the full 19 million left in the final year of Noahís contract. Noah didnít negotiate for a buyout because he knows no other team is ready to sign his broken down body. Knicks will take a cap hit of 6.4 million per season for the next 3 seasons.

One of the worst contracts of all-time. Noah was 31 when PJ signed him.
    Last edited by htr10; Oct 13, 2018 at 15:36.

Veteran

Noah finished out having only played 53 games across 2 seasons for the Knicks due to injuries and suspensions. Knicks end up paying him 1.35 million per game played for us.

Veteran

Noahís cap hit of 6.4 million per season is the biggest ever from a stretched player. Knicks always setting records.

Awful move... but typical Knicks. Perry had 9 months to try and find somebody to take an expiring contract next year.... this was a move most GMs pull off in their sleep in July.

Every July we see expiring deals dumped for a pick or something.

So, now Knicks will be on the hook for 6.5 mil in 2019, 2020, 2021. Absolutely ridiculous.

We stink this year anyway... so what we play with one less roster spot!

What if nobody wants to come here next summer anyway? Then you eat it for 1 year and be done with him.

Now, itís that much harder to get under cap enough for 2 max deals... 6.4 mil is a lot.

Again, why not wait and try to trade him in July? That might be worth our 2020 1st.... why did we rush this? Makes no sense.

Screw Noah. Maybe he begs for a buy out and lowers price to leave...

There was zero reasons to do this now.

I repeat, every July we see expiring bums dealt to bad teams, who absorb the contract for a future pick.

Now we eat up 6.5 mil of precious cap space for the next 3 seasons (after this year).

Awful!!!!

I get the feeling Perry wonít be able to trade Lee or Timmy either. Just terrible.

I just donít get how a player can be under contract.... never show up... all of training camp... and still get his money. If he was told to stay away, shame on us.

This is a business and when you suck you donít squander cap space unless somebody gives you draft picks to absorb a bad deal.

12th man

I would think with this move the Knicks try to make an attempt at signing FAs next off season. If it gets the Knicks enough cap space to sign KD maybe it will be worth it but it's looking like an ill timed roster move with the probability that the Knicks stink and will be an unpopular destination again for FAs next year. Still I'm glad he's gone, Knicks fans won't have to look at the ugly jump shot and FT shooting of his anymore.