Knicks Pre-season

mafra

Legend
Knits got no coaching from Hornacek. The team didn?t even know how to properly get ready for third quarter bc Horn was terrible.

This is basically a repeat for Knits... his rookie season all over again.

I think Fiz will get Knits to excel defensively... he?ll improve on offense too.
He?s not a ball-dominant PG. He?s a tall guard, who can defend 1-3 well,
And should be able to become a reliable shooter who can penetrate when necessary.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wassup fellas!!! Another Knicks season at hand it?s already a broken record. The stench Fail-Jackson still lingers with his bust pick Knits and the Noah situation. SMH. I am joining team tank this year because what the hell, this franchise is much better at losing than winning. My Chiefs are doing well and I?ve got my fantasy team to deal with so it thankfully it will crowd out the Knicks. God bless you posters who have the intestinal fortitude too watch this team. I am interested to see how Knox looks so I will tune in for that. Kyrie staying in Bumston so that short lived pipe dream is over. I guess we have next summers free agent class to look forward to, but who?s coming??? KD??? Lol. Nope. We might get the likes of another Timjr who will show up and steal $$$ but who else??? I can?t see NBA stars lining up to ?play? with oft injured KP. We have nobody else to speak so I would go hard after Jimmy Butler right now. Give Minnie whatever besides Knox and next years 1st round pick(protect your picks Isiah).🤣

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knits got no coaching from Hornacek. The team didn?t even know how to properly get ready for third quarter bc Horn was terrible.

This is basically a repeat for Knits... his rookie season all over again.

I think Fiz will get Knits to excel defensively... he?ll improve on offense too.
He?s not a ball-dominant PG. He?s a tall guard, who can defend 1-3 well,
And should be able to become a reliable shooter who can penetrate when necessary.

Here?s the thing: this is professional ball, the Association, NBA. The coaches are there to draw up plays and manage the game, not to teach you how to shoot, dribble, pass, or be a scorer. You are supposed to have those skill sets already. Sexton looks great not only because he?s a phenom, but he chose to college and get coached up by Avery Johnson, a HOF player and coach. Knits hid over there in the croissant league playing with inferior talent, so now he?s an inferior player. You get better at basketball playing with better talent. Guys bigger, stronger, faster, more skills than you so you have to raise your level. Not vice versa. Knits is learning this lesson now. He would have been better off coming here and playing college ball for 1-2 years instead of playing ?professionally? in France. Oxymoron if you ask me and a laugher to boot🤣. That American soccer phenom is he playing for ?professionally? for an MLS team like LA Galaxy? Nope he?s in Europe playing in Germany. It?s the same thing. You play in Europe/China at the end of your basketball career, not the beginning. If you have to begin your career in Europe, then you sure as hell ain?t an NBA lottery pick On Chief.

tiger0330

Legend
Wassup fellas!!! Another Knicks season at hand it’s already a broken record. The stench Fail-Jackson still lingers with his bust pick Knits and the Noah situation. SMH. I am joining team tank this year because what the hell, this franchise is much better at losing than winning. My Chiefs are doing well and I’ve got my fantasy team to deal with so it thankfully it will crowd out the Knicks. God bless you posters who have the intestinal fortitude too watch this team. I am interested to see how Knox looks so I will tune in for that. Kyrie staying in Bumston so that short lived pipe dream is over. I guess we have next summers free agent class to look forward to, but who’s coming??? KD??? Lol. Nope. We might get the likes of another Timjr who will show up and steal $$$ but who else??? I can’t see NBA stars lining up to “play” with oft injured KP. We have nobody else to speak so I would go hard after Jimmy Butler right now. Give Minnie whatever besides Knox and next years 1st round pick(protect your picks Isiah).��

Wassup Chief, I've got two words for you Patrick Mahomes. Him and that kid from the Rams Jared Goff throw darts and could probably drop a football into a hoop 60 yards away. Not really a football fan but those 2 caught my eye.

Jimmy Butler has been a topic of conversation around here and the consensus I think is he's a win now guy better for a playoff team and not a young rebuilding team like us, that said, if we could deal THJ, Mudiay and a 1st that would be a steal and Perry would have to think hard about doing it.

Knox looked special in Summer League but George Karl called it saying way to early to get hyped up over him, how many guys have been stars in SL and came back to earth? More than a few that's for sure.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wassup Chief, I've got two words for you Patrick Mahomes. Him and that kid from the Rams Jared Goff throw darts and could probably drop a football into a hoop 60 yards away. Not really a football fan but those 2 caught my eye.

Jimmy Butler has been a topic of conversation around here and the consensus I think is he's a win now guy better for a playoff team and not a young rebuilding team like us, that said, if we could deal THJ, Mudiay and a 1st that would be a steal and Perry would have to think hard about doing it.

Knox looked special in Summer League but George Karl called it saying way to early to get hyped up over him, how many guys have been stars in SL and came back to earth? More than a few that's for sure.

Yup Mahomes is an exciting player and Chiefs fans have been literally waiting a lifetime to watch the franchise draft and develop a young QB. Literally since before even my time. Len Dawson in 60?s is the last time it?s happened . Gives me hope our Knicks will get it together as well.

As far as Jimmy goes I would still try and make a play for him as he is still on of the best two way players in the game. I don?t think he has to be in a win now situation, I just think he wants to be the Alpha dog. Jimmy never was the Alpha here in Chicago while D-Rose was here. Fast forward to Minnie now KAT is the Alpha. I think Jimmy wants his own team and NYC would be perfect for that. I would even consider dealing our pick next year if Jimmy signed a long term contract. We suck at high draft picks anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend
The kid still has never scored 20 points in a game Stop babying him, maybe he breaks through offensively if he has a breakout 20ppg.

Last night i watch the Wizards 6 yr starting backcourt of Wall & Beal smiling laughing n joking minute before tip off .. both the Wizards starter guards knew they were going to score at will all game over Timmy Hardaway Jr. !!!
The Wizards 4 yr starter SF Otto Porter Jr. also got into the laughing n joking before the game with Beal & Wall .. he knew he was not going to have any problems out-performing Mario & rookie Knox before the game.
Lucky for us Wizards 3 yr starting PF Markieff Morris rested to have DNP last night .. because the Wizards 31 yr old back-up center Ian Mahinmi control the paint area on both sides of the court last night.
The Wizards veteran-system rotation took the lead over the Knicks at tip-off and held the lead to the end of the game for a Wizards win.

When i look at Frank's performance i have to be open minded .. i look at what Frank does not have in his performance, and I look at what Frank do have in his performance.
What Frank do have in his performance as a 20 yr old player are worth more than what he does not have in his performance after one season in the NBA. Last night when Frank caught his 5th foul and sat on the bench for the rest of the game the Wizards had a 6 point lead over the Knicks .. without Frank in the lineup the Wizards built a 23 pt lead over the Knicks!

Frank does make me upset at times because Frank was taught to be a system player PG during the age 17 and 18.
And every system PG the Knicks had/have on the team does the same thing .. as soon as Frank bring the ball pass the half court line he look to pass the ball before he dribble to the top of the foul line .. Yes! that do make me upset when Frank consistently pass ball 1 or 2 seconds after dribbling pass the halfcourt line throughout the game .. Why is that? Is it because Frank still doesn't call any plays for the coach? Or is it because the coach plays depends mostly on ISO-players on offense (which turned the Grizz players against Fiz early last season)? Or maybe its because each of the Knick lineup on the court does not move without the ball?
How many set plays have we seen the Knicks perform involving screens/picks and ball-movement to 3 or 4 players before the shot?
Did we watch the veteran Wizards team run a few set plays twice that worked well for their club throughout last night game? Yes!
How well did coach Fizdale system look last night, on offense compared to defense?
How well did the Knicks ball-movement look last night vs a veteran Wizards team?
Did Lance Thomas movements on offense look like he was lost each time trying to play a PF?
Last night, did Knox look lost every time he was on the offensive-end for 30 minute?
During the summer Knox look like he could make things happen on offense in each of his Summer League games.
In the 4 preseason games Knox has played it look like every 2018 drafted rookie performance in preseason look 10 times better than Knox preseason performance, even our undraft Trier's performance each preseason game has topped Knox.

tiger0330

Legend
This is not a trade rumor but if the Knicks do a trade you would have to think the name that comes up most often in trade talks is the guy they trade #FrenchPrince.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think the wizards game showed the value of Kanter...

No! Not really the Wizards did not play their 2 strong rebounders .. PF-Morris and their new double-double center Dwight Howard.
The Knicks lineups has always been Big-Man weak since the day they traded Patrick Ewing. Every good PF the Knicks had on the roster all the Knick PUPPET head coaches played our best PF at the center position only.
For example .. O'Quinn should have played the majority of his Knicks playing time minute at the PF position. Our new rookie Mitchell Robinson should have been playing PF in lineup alongside center Kanter or center Kornet.

In the Atlantic division alone our front court players Lance Thomas, Vonleh, Hezonja, and Knox skills inside the paint are considered light SF when they are match-up against the Atlantic Division teams front-line big men ..
Take a look at the front-line big men competition the Knicks has to go against in their Division ....
Boston has Baynes, Horford, Hayward/Tatum ..
Philly has Embiid, Saric, Covington/Chandler ..
Raptors has Valanciunas, Ibaka/Siakam, Kawhi ..

After watching 4 Knicks preseason games .. the best starters and rotation i could come up for the Knicks are ....
Starter & Finisher: Burke - Frank - Mario - MitchRob - Kanter
2nd unit: Mudiay - Timmy - Knox - Lance - Kornet
3rd unit: Trier - Baker - Lee - Vonleh - Hicks -
And still we are in the 25 to 30 win season realm .. It could have been in the 35 to 40 win season realm if Joakim Noah were in training-camp this season. For those who believe the NO-double-double 7.3 Tired-KP would add a win or two if he were in the rotation you are kidding yourself, KP has never showed to be a winning-player in the 4th quarter of any game he played the past 3 years.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is not a trade rumor but if the Knicks do a trade you would have to think the name that comes up most often in trade talks is the guy they trade #FrenchPrince.

Yes .. I would have to agree .. Frank Ntilikina worth and value are the highest on the Knick roster (including Tired-KP).
Im sure if it was up to Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle, he would trade us Dennis Smith Jr. in a heart beat for Frank to go alongside of Doncic in their rebuilding. Rick Carlisle luvs a system PG to follow his coaching lead for 48 minute.

Teams inquire about young players still under their rookie deals all the time I?m sure. No one is going to give us a 1st round pick or a better young prospect for him, so I don?t see the point in dealing him when he is likely the best defensive player on the team.

tiger0330

Legend
Butler blew a gasket in a team practice, no doubt a ploy to force that trade. Perry should offer Noah or Lee and Ntilikina or Mudiay for him and see if Thibs bites.

tiger0330

Legend
Trey hasn't proved a thing and despite his limited physical stature I would be surprised if the Hawks don't start him despite having a vet like Lin. The reason, the Hawks see his raw talent and are going to fast track him and let him learn in the school of hard knocks. I wonder what Fiz and the brass really think of Nits in not giving him more minutes on a young rebuilding team going nowhere.
Trey hit the game winner against the Spurs, a 3 from about 35 ft. Kid has unlimited range taking the shot with about 6 secs left in the game. Most guys are taking a shot that long as a desperation heave because the clock is running down but he had time to get closer. Pretty impressive game by him, his shooting, passing, command of the floor, no question he will start for the Hawks opening day against us. I said I would pay to see Trey play because he would be an exciting player to watch, he proved it this game.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Butler blew a gasket in a team practice, no doubt a ploy to force that trade. Perry should offer Noah or Lee and Ntilikina or Mudiay for him and see if Thibs bites.

You know me .. I would give Minny our Tired-KP and Timmy for Butler and a 2nd round pick.
We dont need Mills dum decision contract to Timmy .. We have a much better performer in Trier.
We dont need a 7.3 NO double-double 38% shooting Tired-KP on the court for 32+ minute night ..
We have a 2-Way double-double Mitchell Robinson to replace him.

tiger0330

Legend
BR Knicks trade for Butler.

1. Timberwolves Receive: G Frank Ntilikina, SG Courtney Lee, C Joakim Noah, 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected)
  2. Knicks Receive:: SG Jimmy Butler, C Gorgui Dieng

Last edited: