Suns fire GM Ryan McDonough 8 days before the NBA season open ...

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24931806

This is a Dolan move SMH !!!
The Suns GM did well in the offseason .. when he selected Center Ayton with the first pick in the draft (ROY), then signing a 14 yr experience SF Ariza to mentor their 2nd season SF Jackson, then signing a young strong-forward Holmes to build next to Ayton.

Now the trade for SF Mikal Bridges i didnt understand because the Suns roster need a prime PG to fit well in the backcourt with Booker.
I didnt understand the Ryan trade when the Suns are in desperate need for a future PG for the growth of Ayton/Jackson/Booker.

tiger0330

Legend
What goes around comes around after McDonough dumps Earl after 3 games last year. Another recently retired ex-player like Brand, James Jones looks to be the next GM for the Suns.

Wargames

Starter
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24931806

This is a Dolan move SMH !!!
The Suns GM did well in the offseason .. when he selected Center Ayton with the first pick in the draft (ROY), then signing a 14 yr experience SF Ariza to mentor their 2nd season SF Jackson, then signing a young strong-forward Holmes to build next to Ayton.

Now the trade for SF Mikal Bridges i didnt understand because the Suns roster need a prime PG to fit well in the backcourt with Booker.
I didnt understand the Ryan trade when the Suns are in desperate need for a future PG for the growth of Ayton/Jackson/Booker.

Yeah I think that trade got him fired, if he had taken SGA (who was drafted right after) or kept that pick to trade for say Teague or Rozier I think he would still have his job.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah I think that trade got him fired, if he had taken SGA (who was drafted right after) or kept that pick to trade for say Teague or Rozier I think he would still have his job.

I agree .. in the offseason the Suns organization had the means and several opportunities to get a starter PG that has the veteran experience to lead a rebuilding team to a .500 + season in the hard-core western conference.
However, the Suns GM Ryan McDonough did a great job in putting together a rebuilding team for the Suns organization in the 2018 offseason.
All I know is .. McDonough did a outstanding-better job than any Phil Jackson offseason moves, and Mills/Perry offseason moves.
We all know the missing piece for the Suns rotation in the 2018-19 season lies in their PG depth .. The SG depth is a grade B, the SF depth is a grade B+, the PF depth is a grade B, the Center depth is a B+, the head coach Igor Kokoskov and coaching staff are a question mark right now .... Will the Suns have a better successful season than the Knicks in the 2018-19 season? Yes! Yes! Yes! and the following season too.

Whomever watch the Suns preseason games had to notice the Suns 2nd season player Josh Jackson were being mentored by veteran Trevor Ariza to perform as a Point-Forward in the rotation .. Jackson showed some great distribution moves throughout the preseason games.
I guess the multi-position rookie Mikal Bridges raw performance and mistakes this season will be a reminder to Josh Jackson to not repeat his previous NBA season.

Wargames

Starter
I agree .. in the offseason the Suns organization had the means and several opportunities to get a starter PG that has the veteran experience to lead a rebuilding team to a .500 + season in the hard-core western conference.
However, the Suns GM Ryan McDonough did a great job in putting together a rebuilding team for the Suns organization in the 2018 offseason.
All I know is .. McDonough did a outstanding-better job than any Phil Jackson offseason moves, and Mills/Perry offseason moves.
We all know the missing piece for the Suns rotation in the 2018-19 season lies in their PG depth .. The SG depth is a grade B, the SF depth is a grade B+, the PF depth is a grade B, the Center depth is a B+, the head coach Igor Kokoskov and coaching staff are a question mark right now .... Will the Suns have a better successful season than the Knicks in the 2018-19 season? Yes! Yes! Yes! and the following season too.

Whomever watch the Suns preseason games had to notice the Suns 2nd season player Josh Jackson were being mentored by veteran Trevor Ariza to perform as a Point-Forward in the rotation .. Jackson showed some great distribution moves throughout the preseason games.
I guess the multi-position rookie Mikal Bridges raw performance and mistakes this season will be a reminder to Josh Jackson to not repeat his previous NBA season.

I really don't understand why they took Mikal and then signed Ariza.

Booker, Jackson, Ayton, is a young core they will have for a decade, if they brought in SGA they would have been set. Moving up to not get him is just one of those moves that are inexplicable in hindsight

Knicks biggest issue is we jump around from strategy to strategy because leadership is as short-lived here as the players on the roster.

Right now we have KP, Frank, Knox, Mitch and I'll even include Hardaway. There is talent there, but it jumps around besides KP. Frank was taken to be a Triangle PG, Knox to be a Pace and Space forward, Mitch to be a Pace and Space Center, Hardaway was drafted to be a sixth man in the mold of JR, KP talent makes him invaluable but originally they wanted to have another player to put around Melo. Now the Knicks need to bring in another Scorer, PG and rebounder.

There are a lot more holes on the Knicks roster than the Suns Roster because the plan keeps changing. I like Perry/Mills and think they know that its going to take time to rebuild a roster that was gutted over and over again.