Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79
  1. #61
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,374
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I don't like Lance and Knits in the starting lineup...We need more Robinson. What happened to Knox guys?
    Same here, LT is not a starter in any other team. He brings intangibles but we need a starting caliber guy that brings intangibles. I'm not sold on Nits either, he's improved this year but we need a way better shooter at his spot.

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,307
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Same here, LT is not a starter in any other team. He brings intangibles but we need a starting caliber guy that brings intangibles. I'm not sold on Nits either, he's improved this year but we need a way better shooter at his spot.
    I’d like to see Hezonja get Lance Thomas’ minutes. LT only player 17 minutes tonight, despite starting, but Hezonja only got 10 minutes. Fizdale certainly has other options to mix things up too.

  3. #63
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,374
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I’d like to see Hezonja get Lance Thomas’ minutes. LT only player 17 minutes tonight, despite starting, but Hezonja only got 10 minutes. Fizdale certainly has other options to mix things up too.
    I see Knits only played 19mins hardly starters mins. Not sure about Hezonja either, that was his problem with the Magic, he was inconsistent, today 1-5 for 2pts. The season opener, disappeared the 1st half but a great 2nd half. Too inconsistent to be a 30 min starter imo.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,267
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I see Knits only played 19mins hardly starters mins. Not sure about Hezonja either, that was his problem with the Magic, he was inconsistent, today 1-5 for 2pts. The season opener, disappeared the 1st half but a great 2nd half. Too inconsistent to be a 30 min starter imo.

    Fair assessment but a guy like Hezonja needs to get consistent minutes when Orlando finally committed to doing so he produced extremely well. He's better than a 10-15min role and we're supposed to be "developing" our youth. The only young player I see who's fully allowed to "do you"(pause) is Trier
    Last edited by Broadway; Oct 20, 2018 at 23:59.

  5. #65
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,400
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Tonight a perfect example of why it’s almost impossible to watch an NBA game... the officiating is so awful it truly mars the entire experience.

    It’s like there were 2 entirely different crews working tonight. They called nothing in the first half... everything was a play-on... then, in the second half, the refs must’ve blew the whistle 60 times. It was excruciating... unwatchable.

    How is something a foul in the third quarter but not the second.

    Then that sixth foul on Kanter was tough to swallow. A clean strip (but, like I said earlier when BOS swung arm down on a Knick... ref always calls it, even with no contact... just unfortunately didn’t call it for us in the first half).... There should be able to review these things... like how they overturn bad calls in MLB.

    And, a shame, bc Knits had an awful game. I’m not even talking about his missed shots... Too passive early, then when he gets aggressive his decision-making was pathetic.

    Still... the team fought and fought and fought and battled... I give them credit. It was a sluggish affair. Third game in 4th night. Tough for these players, especially when they have no idea how they game will be called quarter to quarter.

  6. #66
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,400
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Bottom Line: Knicks lost this game bc they shot 17/27 from the FT line. Well, that and also b/c BOS appeared to be just going thru the motions. It’s almost like they knew they would win, or if forced to make the play to win when necessary... they obviously have little respect for us... It didn’t even look like they were trying.

    Knicks on pace for 27-55.

    Let’s go L-O-T-T-E-R-Y. We need 1 more lottery stud, to go with a max free agent. Then, with KP, next year we should finally be able to compete for a playoff spot.

  7. #67
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,400
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Trey takes the 3 gets fouled and misses 2 of 3 fts.
    I was excited for a split-second about the Tatum boner, but then I remembered we are the Knicks. No way Burke was sinking all 3 FTs. Especially since we had already missed 8 of 24 attempts.

    Of course, TB left little room for suspense (choking on the first shot). But, we fans should’ve seen that coming a mile away.

    Anyway, this season isn’t about wins and losses. We showed up and competed... the future looks bright.

  8. #68
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,400
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    After last night, Fizdale said:

    “He and that kid [LeVert] went to college together and they were going at it,” Fizdale told reporters on Saturday. “So he was really trying to win that battle. I commend him for that. That’s why there was no way I was taking him off that kid on the last possession. I’m trying to make Timmy into a complete basketball player. He needed to go through that and take that challenge.

    “Hey the kid scored, but he learned from it and he knows I believe in him as a defender now.’’

    “I want you guys to look at it like this,” he said. “There was a day I played. If I was in a game playing against a college teammate, and we’ve been going tit for tat — 28, 29 (points), back and forth, back and forth. And the last play of the game, coach goes ahead and says, ‘I’m gonna put him [somebody else] on LeVert], I might lose Timmy. That could crush him.”

    Instead of switching defenders, Fizdale said he let Hardaway learn the hard way. It’s trial by fire for a player he wants to turn into a capable defender.

    “This is a development year. That’s part of Timmy’s development. He’s gotta take that challenge,” he said. “I can’t hide him. He’s gotta dig in and get that stop. And he didn’t get it last night, but he knows I believe he can. And we’re gonna keep working at it. It was just a personnel breakdown. He knew that kid wanted to go right. He let him get right. We’ll fix that issue. Next time, we’ll get the stop.”

    “So that’s what it’s about. It’s not about me trying to manipulate a situation to hopefully win a game. The areas that I’m trying to get these to be better at when it comes up in a game, I gotta let them go through that. I can’t hide em from it.”

    Fizdale is walking on a tight rope. On one end, he wants this basketball team to compete for as many wins as it can string together. On the other end, he wants to develop his guys into complete players, even if it means giving up a game-winning basket.


    ——//

    Tonight, same situation and same result. Not THjr’s fault tonight, for Tatum sunk a tough fade-away... but, coach, how about sending a double and forcing JT to give up the rock and let somebody else beat you!

  9. #69
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,400
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    “It’s very difficult,” Burke said. “My teammates did a great job of keeping my head up. As a point guard, I know I can knock those down in my sleep. Tonight I missed the first one. I have to live with that. I felt I let my teammates down. I know I can be better on that end of the court and will be.”


    Burke, who finished with 11 points and nine assists, is a career 79 percent free-throw shooter.

    Perhaps to take the heat off Burke’s botched free throw, Fizdale said he ruined the situation by calling “a stink play.” Burke said it was for Tim Hardaway Jr.

    “Oh, I stunk that play up,” Fizdale said. “I drew up a crap play for them. Somehow we got three free throws, but I drew a crap play. It was terrible. That’s the first thing I said to the team. I own that. That was a bad play and I had two really good plays I could’ve looked at. It was the stink play.”

    Tatum wasn’t upset at the call.

    “I didn’t give him a chance to land,” Tatum said.

    (NY Post)

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,307
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Just read online that Clarence Gaines has apparently gone on the attack on Twitter, heavily criticizing Mario Hezonja. Is there anything about the PJ era that was conducted professionally? What a bunch of trolls.

  11. #71
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,374
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Gaines was explaining why you didn't see more if Mario when Knox went down, questioning his toughness and D compared to Brown and Tatum. I had a similar question about his guy Ntilikina, why he wasn't there in crunch time at the end, Fiz didn't trust the guy Gaines and PJ selected at 8. He's not a 3, never will be, he's there because THJ and Trey are better at the positions he should be playing.

  12. #72
    Member KNICKS MOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Gaines was explaining why you didn't see more if Mario when Knox went down, questioning his toughness and D compared to Brown and Tatum. I had a similar question about his guy Ntilikina, why he wasn't there in crunch time at the end, Fiz didn't trust the guy Gaines and PJ selected at 8. He's not a 3, never will be, he's there because THJ and Trey are better at the positions he should be playing.
    I don't like Mario. I hope he stays warming the bench all season.

  13. #73
    Member KNICKS MOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Bottom Line: Knicks lost this game bc they shot 17/27 from the FT line. Well, that and also b/c BOS appeared to be just going thru the motions. It’s almost like they knew they would win, or if forced to make the play to win when necessary... they obviously have little respect for us... It didn’t even look like they were trying.

    Knicks on pace for 27-55.

    Let’s go L-O-T-T-E-R-Y. We need 1 more lottery stud, to go with a max free agent. Then, with KP, next year we should finally be able to compete for a playoff spot.
    Barrett or Williamson?

  14. #74
    Member KNICKS MOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Fair assessment but a guy like Hezonja needs to get consistent minutes when Orlando finally committed to doing so he produced extremely well. He's better than a 10-15min role and we're supposed to be "developing" our youth. The only young player I see who's fully allowed to "do you"(pause) is Trier
    I think Mario is getting outplayed by the other guys in practice, thats why Fiz ain't giving him minutes. You also can't give minutes to someone who barely plays defense.

  15. #75
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,400
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNICKS MOB View Post
    Barrett or Williamson?
    I’m leaning towards baby LeBron right now. Williamson... but will watch and see whom I think is best prospect... what about you?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2018, 13:30
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2017, 09:08
  3. Replies: 102
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2017, 14:20
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2017, 19:21
  5. Replies: 61
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2016, 15:54

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •