203501.png
203114.png

202498.png
203507.png

202683.png
201572.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksMilwaukee Bucks
Kevin Knox - Sprained left ankle (Day 2 Day)No injuries to report for tonght's game
Courtney Lee - Extended neck pain (Day 2 Day)-
Isaiah Hicks - Sprained left ankle (OUT)-
Emmanuel Mudiay - Sprained right ankle (OUT)-
Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)-

Game Preview

MILWAUKEE -- It's only been two games, too small a sample size to observe wholesale changes in the Milwaukee Bucks under new head coach Mike Budenholzer's system.

But one tenet of Budenholzer's philosophy has been easily identifiable through Milwaukee's first two outings this season: the Bucks are shooting 3-pointers like crazy.

Budenholzer made it clear early in training camp that the long ball was an important part of his offensive scheme and to emphasize the point, many of Milwaukee's preseason practice sessions were spent by players -- all of them -- putting up shot after shot after shot.

"There's just a lot of threes that you see going up from the start of practice to the end of practice," Budenholzer told reporters during one such session. "I think it just kind of becomes a little bit contagious. Everybody realizes that's what we want. We want, obviously, open, good threes. It's important to us."

That's certainly been the case so far this season. The Bucks (2-0) were 25th last season with 24.7 attempts from distance per game, 27th with 8.8 successful attempts for a 35.5 percent shooting percentage, good for 21st in the league.

As they worked out Sunday afternoon in preparation to host the New York Knicks Monday night, the Bucks are third in attempts (40), fourth in makes (15.5) and 10th with a 38.8 shooting percentage -- numbers inflated by a record-setting performance Friday night, in which the Bucks went 17-for-46 from distance in a 118-101 victory over Indiana.

Even forward John Henson, who'd made just one 3-pointer in 13 career attempts, has gotten into the act, sinking a pair Friday night.

"That's kind of the way the offense is, man," Henson said. "Our motto is 'Let it fly.' We work on it every day -- a lot. Shoot a lot of 3s. It's part of what we need to do to be successful."

Making the Bucks work for their shots will be a primary focus for the Knicks (1-2), who look to snap a two-game losing streak Monday night. They've allowed at least 100 points in each of their three games so far. New York's opponents have shot 45 percent from the floor in those contests, but just 34 percent from distance.

Second-year point guard Frank Ntilikina has been a big part of the Knicks' defensive scheme so far. He recorded three steals in each of New York's first two games and added one Saturday against Boston.

"Frank keeps giving me multiple things," Fizdale said. "We needed some scoring, we needed a spark. He gave it to us there. Frank is our guy that does a lot of different stuff for us."

New York could be playing short-handed after Kevin Knox fell to the ground late in the opening quarter Saturday night against the Celtics. The team later announced that Knox suffered a sprained ankle and that X-rays revealed no fracture.

"I had a real bad feeling in my gut when he went down," coach David Fizdale said. "Where my angle was at I could see the thing basically hit the floor, roll to the floor. I knew right away when he stayed down that it was a good one. I feel for the kid."

The ninth overall pick in this summer's draft, Knox has had a tough go of things so far. He lost his starting role after struggling through the preseason but showed improvement Friday night, scoring 17 points in a loss to the Nets.

"That was what I joked with him about," Fizdale said. "I said, 'Welcome to the NBA.' You play like crap, you play great and then you get hurt. That's the roller coaster of our league. And so this is good for him. He's going to learn from this. He's going to grow from this and come back stronger and better."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Freak looks like he was in the weight room all summer. Knicks have no one capable of stopping him one on one, going to take a team effort to stop him or at least hold him under 20ppg. Fiz wants to challenge Nits, put him on Ante. He's not the only threat on the team, they're avging 116ppg and 53RBG in 2 games for Coach Bud.

Thanks for the great game thread, Rady.

Dolan and MSG went berserk on WFAN. Wow.

Going to miss almost all of the game because of work. Hopefully we get another good effort tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
Baker got caught with an elbow by Vonlegh coming around a screen and it opened a big gash on his forehead. Bleeding pretty good, went back to the locker room for stitches but he should be back.

mafra

Legend
Super Mario with a quick 7 off the bench. 27-17 lead cut to 33-29... 25 seconds left in the 1st Q.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup !!! Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .. I cut on the game and the score was 35 - 36 Buck .. the Bucks Middleton started hitting 3 ball after 3 ball, the Bucks dont seem to be missing many shots, but we were missing practically every shot in the 2nd quarter.
Halftime score Knicks 52 - Bucks 71

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks behind 71-52 at the half. Bucks hit 10-20 3s, Middleton has 19pts 4-4 from behind the arc. Looks like the boys will be 1-3 after tonight, not surprised with LT as your PF and a patchwork group of guys playing the 3-4.

mafra

Legend
Mil had a stretch where they went 1-8 from downtown, but they started off hot (hitting 5) then finished strong. In other words, they shot 9-12, bookending that 1-8 stretch.

I?m finding it hard to get back into this season after the dichotomous way that BOS game was officiated.... the officials allowed everything in the first half then called everything in the second. Just reminding me that it?s hard to stomach these refs... and when your team is heading towards the lottery, why subject yourself to this anguish.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope coach Fiz experiment work .. having Timmy defend all our opponents top scorer the majority of every game.

Dotson for 3 !!!
Timmy for 2 !!!
Burke for 2 + 1 !!!
80 -76 Bucks

mafra

Legend
Another strong third quarter... the kids are competing and battling... like to see it.
Setting the foundation!!!

4th game in 6 days too.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kanter hit for 2 to make score 80 - 82 .. then Middleton hit a 3 + 1 making score 80 - 86
The Knicks were down by 19 pts to start the 2nd half of the game .. 2 minute left in 3rd qtr. score reads Knicks 84 - Bucks 86
GO KNICKS !!!