Game thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:00 10/22/2018 [Game #4]

mafra

Legend
Yeah, I?m tiring of watching THjr take 25 shots a night to score 26 points. LaVine poured in 35 last night on 15 shots.

I only hope we are showcasing Timmy in the hopes we strum up trade interest.

How about the rookie from Villanova just stealing the rebound from Knits. This kid is just super meh. I?m trying to be patient... but in 3 years I think we are getting more of the same. A role player is not what you want with a lottery pick. It?s betyer than a bust unless the role he plays doesn?t really help you win games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nits has no feel for the game. Why is Fiz starting a 2nd banana type? One play last night, Trey and him were on the left side of the floor about 4 ft apart and Trey passes him the ball, presumably to make a play because there was no defensive pressure for Nits to be the outlet. So what does Nits do, hands it back to Trey for him to make a play. Getting tired of seeing him pass the ball off at the top then running into the corner to take a 3 pt shot. He's been doing that his whole Knicks career.

And his rep or being a defensive stud is overrated, when have you ever seen him steal a pass and then take it all the way to slam it home on the other end? I guess he's a smart defender, not biting on pump fakes and he's diligent about his defensive assignment but he lacks the raw athletic ability to be a great defender imo.

Last night, Timmy shot 1-4 in the last 5 minute of the game, i also believe Timmy shot the same 1-4 in the 2 previous games in the last 5 minute of the game .. Crunch Time.
Coach Fizdale has been running a 3 guard lineup the majority of the rotation in all 4 regular season games .. the Knicks guards dont have two bigmen in their lineup they could rely on to do the many things they see their opponents two bigmen do for their guards .. like protect the paint from slashers that beat our guards off the dribble, or box-out so our guards could slash to the basket or grab a rebound, or screen and pick for our guards to get a open shot or clear passing lane, coach Fizdale plan system in the last 4 games has been getting the majoriy of their points n scoring from broken plays .. just like the final play in the Boston game involving Burke's creation play to get 3 points, after the throw in play went bad !!!

Last edited:
Ntilikina?s offense is non-existent, but I do think his defense is legit. Here?s the problem though. Ntilikina?s best advanced metric last season was that he was the number one pick and roll defender in the NBA. Now he is playing small forward, so that doesn?t seem all that relevant any more.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fizdale has been encouraging Kanter to shoot more 3's, he's drifted out near the arc .. thats where he's getting the ball now, which sidelines Kanter's post game.
One of the benefits of getting Kanter last season were getting the ball into the paint with Kanter's back to the basket, it help get defenders into foul trouble. In preseason Fizdale pointed out himself, Kanter's post game skills are rare, best to make use of it now.
Thomas has proven he can knock down the open 3. But we're dead last as a team on assists. Our ball movement has been mediocre.
Lance wouldn't be starting on a good team .. But we're not a good team!
Hezonja's defense is a major liability at the 4, especially against starters.

I hope the next three practices are bout having a certain lineup setting up last minute plays on offense and one on defense.

pat

Starter
Fizdale has been encouraging Kanter to shoot more 3's, he's drifted out near the arc .. thats where he's getting the ball now, which sidelines Kanter's post game.
One of the benefits of getting Kanter last season were getting the ball into the paint with Kanter's back to the basket, it help get defenders into foul trouble. In preseason Fizdale pointed out himself, Kanter's post game skills are rare, best to make use of it now.
Thomas has proven he can knock down the open 3. But we're dead last as a team on assists. Our ball movement has been mediocre.
Lance wouldn't be starting on a good team .. But we're not a good team!
Hezonja's defense is a major liability at the 4, especially against starters.

I hope the next three practices are bout having a certain lineup setting up last minute plays on offense and one on defense.

I guess that is not gonna happen. Focus is probably on defending the 3 ball (and hopefully ball movement). I don't think we're losing on purpose but closing out games might not be a priority.