Road to Zion

We have a few chances once more to walk away with a stud this summer. How will we handle this gift?

We?ll win 4 of our last 5, have our usual no luck in the lottery, and wind up with whichever top 10 prospect you guys hate the most.

tiger0330

Legend
The Giants could use this kid not sure about the Knicks. You guys really like him?
I remember Bagley had some great early season games last year and I was all over him as the number 1. This kid is 6'7", I agree with this guy before we go overboard and say this kid is the next Lebron.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Kid isn?t just dunker. He has excellent court vision and good feet. He can shoot it too. He may be a tad raw but he?ll inprove. He may not be LeBron level great... but he won?t be a bust.

Does this guy offer anything valid, as to why he thinks that? Or is he just throwing around an opinion based on nothing?

Kentucky didn?t have people his height?

BTW... only 1 current NBA player weighs more than Zion...

Kiyaman

Legend
The Cavs record are 1-10
And the Suns & Wizards record are 2-8
That's 3 teams in front of the Hawks, Bulls, and Mavs TANKING season !!!

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
The Cavs record are 1-10
And the Suns & Wizards record are 2-8
That's 3 teams in front of the Hawks, Bulls, and Mavs TANKING season !!!

Yea I think the cavs are a lock for that first pick, they're not winning more than 10 games this year.

Every other team you mentioned is gonna be close to the 30 win plateau (unless they trade their veteran/star players)

I feel like our Knicks will be in the 25 - 30 win range. We'll have the 6th overall pick.

mafra

Legend
Yea I think the cavs are a lock for that first pick, they're not winning more than 10 games this year.

Every other team you mentioned is gonna be close to the 30 win plateau (unless they trade their veteran/star players)

I feel like our Knicks will be in the 25 - 30 win range. We'll have the 6th overall pick.

I agree. I think 25 wins is the benchmark... win more than that and org failed in their tank mission. Of course, if this occurs bc the kids play well... then so be it.

However, we?ll continue to see Fiz tinker with roster down stretch of games to encourage the loss.

We would have a backcourt if Curry and Westbrook if we would?ve won 23 games (instead of 27) those seasons a decade ago.

Anyway, the key is to finish in the 20-25 realm... after that, it?s all up to the ping pongs. Knicks have never jumped forward in the lottery since the Ewing... after 30 + years we are due.

Remember when we got KP, we fell from 1 to 4 (bc we won last game then fell 2 slots in the lottery i think). We lost KAT but were saved from Okafir or Russell.

Yes, CLE, ATL and others will be bad... but if we finish in the top 5 then we have a great shot to leap up to 1.... and, if not, a solid prospect will be there at 5-6.

tiger0330

Legend
[h=2]ESPN mock has Zion going 3rd and us picking keldon Johnson. I'd like to see a few more games from Zion before saying he's another lebron.

2019 NBA Mock Draft[/h]
PICKPLAYERTEAMPOSHTWTAGE
1. ATLR.J. BarrettDukeSF6-720818.3
2. CLENassir LittleNorth CarolinaSF6-621518.7
3. PHXZion WilliamsonDukePF6-627218.3
4. ORLCam ReddishDukeSF6-920519.1
5. CHIRomeo LangfordIndianaSF6-620219.0
6. ATL (via DAL)Quentin GrimesKansasSF6-620718.4
7. NYKKeldon JohnsonKentuckySF6-621019.0
8. BKNSekou DoumbouyaLimogesPF6-921017.8
9. WASDarius GarlandVanderbiltPG6-317318.7
10. BOS (via SAC)Bol BolOregonC7-222218.9

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
I agree. I think 25 wins is the benchmark... win more than that and org failed in their tank mission. Of course, if this occurs bc the kids play well... then so be it.

However, we?ll continue to see Fiz tinker with roster down stretch of games to encourage the loss.

We would have a backcourt if Curry and Westbrook if we would?ve won 23 games (instead of 27) those seasons a decade ago.

Anyway, the key is to finish in the 20-25 realm... after that, it?s all up to the ping pongs. Knicks have never jumped forward in the lottery since the Ewing... after 30 + years we are due.

Remember when we got KP, we fell from 1 to 4 (bc we won last game then fell 2 slots in the lottery i think). We lost KAT but were saved from Okafir or Russell.

Yes, CLE, ATL and others will be bad... but if we finish in the top 5 then we have a great shot to leap up to 1.... and, if not, a solid prospect will be there at 5-6.

That's why I don't get too upset when we win at the end of a losing season. I believe that everything happens for a reason. So whatever is meant to be will be :gony:

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
ESPN mock has Zion going 3rd and us picking keldon Johnson. I'd like to see a few more games from Zion before saying he's another lebron.

2019 NBA Mock Draft

PICKPLAYERTEAMPOSHTWTAGE

Interesting. Haven't seen him play tbh.

I have heard Bol Bol going top 5. He's an intriguing prospect in my eyes.

Broadway

All Star
ESPN mock has Zion going 3rd and us picking keldon Johnson. I'd like to see a few more games from Zion before saying he's another lebron.

2019 NBA Mock Draft

PICKPLAYERTEAMPOSHTWTAGE

Barrett is probably the better prospect between the two. Zion won't be able to physically do some things defensively at the NBA level because of the advanced skill level at the next level but we probably need Zion more. Barrett is almost offensively flawless/polished

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Interesting. Haven't seen him play tbh.

I have heard Bol Bol going top 5. He's an intriguing prospect in my eyes.
KJ played in that Duke/KEN game. He ain't no Zion that's for sure. Lot of NBA players describing the kid as a once in a lifetime type player with Marbury saying about the kid that he'll destroy the league he's that good. Going to have to buy a ticket to get on the kids bandwagon.

mafra

Legend
Zion?s second college game:

27 points
16 boards
6 blocks
4 assists
11-14 from the field

His game isn?t based just on his size/athleticism.... he can shoot, has vision, can pass... he can do it all.