Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Road to Zion

ESPN mock has Zion going 3rd and us picking keldon Johnson. I'd like to see a few more games from Zion before saying he's another lebron.

2019 NBA Mock Draft

PICK PLAYER TEAM POS HT WT AGE
    1. ATL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duke SF 6-7 208 18.3
    2. CLE [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] North Carolina SF 6-6 215 18.7
    3. PHX [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duke PF 6-6 272 18.3
    4. ORL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duke SF 6-9 205 19.1
    5. CHI [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Indiana SF 6-6 202 19.0
    6. ATL (via DAL) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Kansas SF 6-6 207 18.4
    7. NYK [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Kentucky SF 6-6 210 19.0
    8. BKN Sekou Doumbouya Limoges PF 6-9 210 17.8
    9. WAS [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Vanderbilt PG 6-3 173 18.7
    10. BOS (via SAC) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Oregon C 7-2 222 18.9

Even the US Army couldn’t contain Zion... 27-16-4 line, not too shabby.

Originally Posted by mafra
    I agree. I think 25 wins is the benchmark... win more than that and org failed in their tank mission. Of course, if this occurs bc the kids play well... then so be it.

However, we’ll continue to see Fiz tinker with roster down stretch of games to encourage the loss.

We would have a backcourt if Curry and Westbrook if we would’ve won 23 games (instead of 27) those seasons a decade ago.

Anyway, the key is to finish in the 20-25 realm... after that, it’s all up to the ping pongs. Knicks have never jumped forward in the lottery since the Ewing... after 30 + years we are due.

Remember when we got KP, we fell from 1 to 4 (bc we won last game then fell 2 slots in the lottery i think). We lost KAT but were saved from Okafir or Russell.

Yes, CLE, ATL and others will be bad... but if we finish in the top 5 then we have a great shot to leap up to 1.... and, if not, a solid prospect will be there at 5-6.
    That's why I don't get too upset when we win at the end of a losing season. I believe that everything happens for a reason. So whatever is meant to be will be

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    ESPN mock has Zion going 3rd and us picking keldon Johnson. I'd like to see a few more games from Zion before saying he's another lebron.

2019 NBA Mock Draft

1. ATL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duke SF 6-7 208 18.3
    2. CLE [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] North Carolina SF 6-6 215 18.7
    3. PHX [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duke PF 6-6 272 18.3
    4. ORL [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Duke SF 6-9 205 19.1
    5. CHI [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Indiana SF 6-6 202 19.0
    6. ATL (via DAL) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Kansas SF 6-6 207 18.4
    7. NYK [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Kentucky SF 6-6 210 19.0
    9. WAS [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Vanderbilt PG 6-3 173 18.7
    10. BOS (via SAC) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Oregon C 7-2 222 18.9
    Interesting. Haven't seen him play tbh.

I have heard Bol Bol going top 5. He's an intriguing prospect in my eyes.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330

2019 NBA Mock Draft

Barrett is probably the better prospect between the two. Zion won't be able to physically do some things defensively at the NBA level because of the advanced skill level at the next level but we probably need Zion more. Barrett is almost offensively flawless/polished
    Last edited by Broadway; Nov 12, 2018 at 00:04.

Cam hit 7 threes today. He’s even better than any G we have.

Cam hit 7 threes today. He’s even better than any G we have.
    Yea he is lol
    If were at the 4th or 5th spot we should draft this kid.

Zion's highlights from the Army game:

Originally Posted by KNICKS MOB
    Interesting. Haven't seen him play tbh.

I have heard Bol Bol going top 5. He's an intriguing prospect in my eyes.
    KJ played in that Duke/KEN game. He ain't no Zion that's for sure. Lot of NBA players describing the kid as a once in a lifetime type player with Marbury saying about the kid that he'll destroy the league he's that good. Going to have to buy a ticket to get on the kids bandwagon.

Zion’s second college game:

27 points
    16 boards
    6 blocks
    4 assists
    11-14 from the field

His game isn’t based just on his size/athleticism.... he can shoot, has vision, can pass... he can do it all.

Zion’s second college game:

27 points
    16 boards
    6 blocks
    4 assists
    11-14 from the field

His game isn’t based just on his size/athleticism.... he can shoot, has vision, can pass... he can do it all.
    You forgot about his ball handling. The kid was a PG in HS, saw him take a rebound on one end and take it coast to coast for a layup at the other end in the Army game. I think Giannis has the perfect bball physique and he hasn't been in the MVP conversation yet so Zion has a way to go to convince me he's as good as all the hype he gets.

He has a loooooong way to go before we start comparing him to LeBron or Greek Freek or before we talk about MVP.

But, like most scouts who cover HS recruiting say, there’s almost no precedent bc nobody is this big.

I remember when Judge was coming up and they said Stanton was his ceiling. Mainly bc of body type. And boy did he deliver.

What made LeBron, and AD, KD, GA KP, so attractive is they are guards stuck in a big body. The fact that Zion is more PG than PF is just mind blowing bc he is so big. Nobody wanted to step in front of LeBron bc he was big and fast... John Wall type speed. Well, that’s Zion. And he’s like 40 pounds heavier than LeBron.

I would love to take my chances on Zion. If he turns out to be a bust... oh well... we’ve seen with KP, Knox, Knits... there are many different lottery types.

Only once every few drafts does a true game-changing prospect emerge... I think this draft has a few, and Zion is right up there.

Every time I watch his duke highlights there's one major thing that sticks out.

He loves contact.

He embraces it and dominates like one legend I use to watch, and thats Shaq.

His quick bursts and hustle are just insane.

At this point I feel like he's going number 1. Talent-wise Barrett is close, but Zion has so much hype that he'll be the clear favorite come draft day.

I just couldn’t imagine a more dominant front court for this new modern age of b-ball, then to have Zion-KP-KD as your SF-PF-C trio.

Of course, KD won’t sign with us, Zion will get drafted right before our pick and KP will never play 65 games in a season for us... Still, I can dream during the upcoming frigid winter months.

Something has to give eventually? 33 years post ‘85 Ewing sweepstakes has to mean something, no?

Remember this is the first year of a lottery reformed draft. Maybe it'll change our luck so fans don't have to whine about not tanking the last game of the season to move up a spot in the draft.