Road to Zion

mafra

Legend
Cam is a pretty good prospect, too. Some
Question is personality, as in he?s never been ?the man.? But he could be a lethal sniper SG third option.

Zion with a quiet 32 and 6 w/ 3 steals.

RJ with a triple double.

Freshman from Kentucky making it rain right now vs TENN.

Ja with 23/7/13/3 line so far... look forward to seeing what he does in the tourney.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Zion had a shoe blowout early and left the court and hasn?t returned. He needs to shut it down until he?s drafted and signed his deal.

Just watched the replay on ESPN.com. Wow, Zion?s shoe just kind of tore apart there. Might not be that bad a knee injury. He limped off the court pretty quickly on his own immediately after it happened.

mafra

Legend
Just watched the replay on ESPN.com. Wow, Zion?s shoe just kind of tore apart there. Might not be that bad a knee injury. He limped off the court pretty quickly on his own immediately after it happened.

Looked to me like the right knee buckled and that caused his weight to shift to his left side... ripping his shoe...

If the shoe caused the fall he probably just tweaked the knee. If his fall was caused by the knee... then gulp!

Hope this is like the eye issue, where he is removed as a precautionary measure... he did walk off on his own.

Broadway

All Star
Looked to me like the right knee buckled and that caused his weight to shift to his left side... ripping his shoe...

If the shoe caused the fall he probably just tweaked the knee. If his fall was caused by the knee... then gulp!

Hope this is like the eye issue, where he is removed as a precautionary measure... he did walk off on his own.

Mild knee sprain are the early reports. He'll be out indefinitely until further diagnosis and going through process of recovery. Sounds like he'll be okay and will play again before the season ends if not, by Tournament time.

Kid is just freakishly brolic and ruptured the shoe(PG13 model at that). Bad press for Nike that's for sure.

mafra

Legend
?We?re very concerned about Zion,? he said. ?It?s a mild knee sprain. We will know about length of time tomorrow. It?s stable. Obviously it has an impact. You lose the NPOY on the 1st play.?

According to the ESPN after the game, Williamson was jogging in the locker room after the injury, but couldn?t return. He wound up watching the rest of the game with his family.

mafra

Legend
Another 30-point game for Barrett. This guy might be better than Zion. Top 3 or bust for Knicks.

RJ better than Tatum. He rebounds and can score any way you need to. He can dribble too.

mafra

Legend
https://nypost.com/2019/03/06/knicks-fans-after-williamson-and-barrett-nba-draft-gets-risky/

Scouts say this is a 2-3 player draft then a STEEP drop-off after that. Not a particularly good draft.

Zion, RJ, Ja... they have Culver 4th and kid from Gonzaga 5th.

Figures, this will all be for naught. Harken back to 2015... think of what NYK would?ve got from KAT (who hasn?t missed a game yet, I think) vs what they got from KP. That draft, NY slid out of first last week... then fell from 2 to 4.

Stinks this is the draft top 2 losers see their lottery odds decrease significantly.

Oh well. At least we have hope until May... then reality strikes. I just know I?ll see the NYK logo when they flip the 4th pick... camera spans to PHO and CHI and some teams at back end of lottery... they win top 3!

https://nypost.com/2019/03/06/knicks-fans-after-williamson-and-barrett-nba-draft-gets-risky/

Scouts say this is a 2-3 player draft then a STEEP drop-off after that. Not a particularly good draft.

Zion, RJ, Ja... they have Culver 4th and kid from Gonzaga 5th.

Figures, this will all be for naught. Harken back to 2015... think of what NYK would?ve got from KAT (who hasn?t missed a game yet, I think) vs what they got from KP. That draft, NY slid out of first last week... then fell from 2 to 4.

Stinks this is the draft top 2 losers see their lottery odds decrease significantly.

Oh well. At least we have hope until May... then reality strikes. I just know I?ll see the NYK logo when they flip the 4th pick... camera spans to PHO and CHI and some teams at back end of lottery... they win top 3!

I think a lot of us are expecting the 4th pick. Phoenix, Cleveland, and Chicago get 1, 2, and 3 with their better lottery luck and we get 4th. It almost seems inevitable. That said, we need to have 4 prospects in mind. Under better circumstances, getting KP at 4th was brilliant. We need that sleeper guy to emerge for us if we end up 4th again.

mafra

Legend
I think a lot of us are expecting the 4th pick. Phoenix, Cleveland, and Chicago get 1, 2, and 3 with their better lottery luck and we get 4th. It almost seems inevitable. That said, we need to have 4 prospects in mind. Under better circumstances, getting KP at 4th was brilliant. We need that sleeper guy to emerge for us if we end up 4th again.

Did Perry draft Herzonjia? If so, then i would suspect that French wing would be his cup of tea, more so than the kid from Zaga.

Culver, from Texas Tech, is the next option.

Kiyaman

Legend
The past decade of Knicks scouting/selection report in the NBA draft hasn't been looking to good for the team sake of making the playoffs.
If the Knicks don't receive the first or 2nd pick in the 2019 NBA draft .. then the best thing for the Knicks are to trade the pick for a veteran needed 2-Way performance player.
For the past two decades I been mentioning consistently on draft night bout the Knicks poor coaching-staff and it's inability to help the growth of college players into NBA players .. And this poor 2018-19 Knicks development season proves me right again !!!

mafra

Legend
Zion has 29 points (13-13), 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists, and 1 the ?rim scrapped his face? filthy, mean , and nasty block, along with 1 completed 75 foot hockey assist pass. Only 2 fouls.

?Zion Williamson can do anything he wants... what an extraordinary performer... magic in that left hand,? says the announcer.

?The young man, he loves to play, has fun playing, shows good positive energy, smiles all the time, what?s so bad about that. It?s fun watching him playing basketball.?

Ties for most consecutive shots made in an ACC game ever... College record is 15-15.

He played 36/40 minutes, I believe.

Take that Boozer and Christian Laettner.

Not bad for his first collegiate post season tournament experience.

Kiyaman

Legend
Zion has 29 points (13-13), 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists, and 1 the ?rim scrapped his face? filthy, mean , and nasty block, along with 1 completed 75 foot hockey assist pass. Only 2 fouls.

?Zion Williamson can do anything he wants... what an extraordinary performer... magic in that left hand,? says the announcer.

?The young man, he loves to play, has fun playing, shows good positive energy, smiles all the time, what?s so bad about that. It?s fun watching him playing basketball.?

Ties for most consecutive shots made in an ACC game ever... College record is 15-15.

He played 36/40 minutes, I believe.

Take that Boozer and Christian Laettner.

Not bad for his first collegiate post season tournament experience.

WOW! The chant "Sell The Team!" ....
Mafra .. you wrote above all the reason why president Silver and a private NBA committee are not going to let Dolan's foolish organization get its mits on a Franchise player ZION/Barrett in the draft !!!

I always like seeing Duke in the tournament since the 70's .. ZION n Barrett look to be one of Duke's best NBA-Ready tandem candidates for the NBA draft.

mafra

Legend
30 and 11 for Zion... leads the charge, mounting a comeback victory. Blocks and steals and dunks and dribbling and everything. Wow!

Zion hit the game a winner, an off rebound put back, cleaning up his own miss.

He started 2-6 then went 9-9, finishing 13-19... only 2 fouls, again.

This kid is so much better than anybody in this draft. Man...

Zion now shooting 26-32 in his ACC tournament career.

Oh, BTW, he leads ACC in steals per game...

Plays defense. Is a leader. Handles media. Unstoppable in the pain. Plays above the rim. Avoids foul. Can dribble. Knock down a 3.

Please... if ever 14% odds meant anything... please.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
The kid is amazing, both sides of the ball. Here's one thing you don't hear is his impact on a game despite him not being a high use player. He's got a 28% usage rate good for 130 or so among NCAA players. Think about that Duke doesn't even feature him and he's their best player by a long shot.

mafra

Legend
It wasn't hard for Roy Williams to recap what changed between his team's first two matchups with Duke, which ended in dominant North Carolina victories, and what transpired Friday night, with the Blue Devils edging out a 74-73 win that might well have shifted the pecking order for a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

"The guy that's been hurt came back," Williams said, "put on his Superman jersey and was incredible."

Huge game from Booker and Suns win tonight in OT. Suns and Cavs can now both ?only? reach a maximum of 65 losses with Cavs on their way to loss 53 tonight and Suns with 54 losses. Bulls can get to 63 losses, so if they lose out and Suns keep winning, Bulls may get into the bottom 3.

The Knicks, on the other hand, are still steadily on the road to a possible 69 losses. With 13 games to play, if we go 3 and 10 or worse from here on out we are guaranteed the NBA?s worst record, even if the Suns or Cavs lose all of their remaining games.

We all dread lottery night and our eternal terrible ping pong ball luck, but the good news is that we are at the very least almost there to guaranteeing a top 5 pick. Even if we end up with the 4th or 5th pick, that should still mean adding a near elite talent, if our front office at all knows what it is doing.

mafra

Legend
Zion
RJ
Ja
Coby White
Hachimura
Bol Bol
Hunter
Culver

Knicks are gonna get a good player.
I think top 4 all have chance to be special... Hachimura could be a Milsap, West, Horford, Green type player too.