Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Road to Zion

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I’m pretty confident we finish bottom
    3, and procur best odds possible. I just worry we finish third and watch 4 teams jump us and we fall to 7.
    I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately. I’m wondering where the cutoff is going to be where you’re no longer in the conversation for the “elite” prospects. To me, it almost seems like this draft will only have 2 “elite” guys (Zion and Ja). Picks 3 though 7 or 8 could be a blur of several possible guys. Wondering if a top euro prospect like Doncic or KP is going to become known.

RJ is a pretty solid prospect... kid from IU is hit or miss, same with UNC prospect (Little). Bol Bol is interesting...

“International prospects Adam Mokoka (France) and Yovel Zoosman (Israel) are starting to create some buzz. Luka Samanic (Croatia) is inching closer to the first round as well.”

“2019 NBA Draft: Meet Sekou Doumbouya, the possible lottery pick expected to be the first international player drafted.

"The kid is growing, probably going to stand at 6-9, 6-10 in a few months, and he's the perfect NBA player who can play the 2, the 3, the 4," said his agent Bouna Ndiaye, who has been involved with the drafting of a bevvy of talented prospects ranging from Nicolas Batum to Rudy Gobert, Evan Fournier to Clint Capela -- the list goes on.
    "This is probably the most exciting player I have ever gotten into my hands," Ndiaye said.
    Doumbouya is no ordinary teenager. His schedule is as grueling as that of a CEO, his work ethic unmatched, and his raw potential and talent to boot makes him one of the most unique players to come out of France in years.“

Veteran

RJ is a pretty solid prospect... kid from IU is hit or miss, same with UNC prospect (Little). Bol Bol is interesting...

“International prospects Adam Mokoka (France) and Yovel Zoosman (Israel) are starting to create some buzz. Luka Samanic (Croatia) is inching closer to the first round as well.”

“2019 NBA Draft: Meet Sekou Doumbouya, the possible lottery pick expected to be the first international player drafted.

"The kid is growing, probably going to stand at 6-9, 6-10 in a few months, and he's the perfect NBA player who can play the 2, the 3, the 4," said his agent Bouna Ndiaye, who has been involved with the drafting of a bevvy of talented prospects ranging from Nicolas Batum to Rudy Gobert, Evan Fournier to Clint Capela -- the list goes on.
    "This is probably the most exciting player I have ever gotten into my hands," Ndiaye said.
    Doumbouya is no ordinary teenager. His schedule is as grueling as that of a CEO, his work ethic unmatched, and his raw potential and talent to boot makes him one of the most unique players to come out of France in years.“
    No more Frenchies please

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    No more Frenchies please
    Thank you for the info, mafra. I'm not necessarily wondering about the emerging euro players for us to draft them, but more interested in them as players who could potentially expand the "elite" player pool in the draft as targets for other teams. Doncic being in last year's draft gave tremendous value to the 3rd pick. If teams had been more aware of him, KP being in the 2015 draft should have given high value to the 4th pick.

If we get screwed with the ping pong balls, which we will because we always do, I'm trying to see what value there is going to be for the picks outside of the top 2 (Zion and Ja).

Veteran

Yeah, this guy Sekou Doumbouya looks like the wildcard foreign prospect in this year's draft. There are a couple sites I read where people think he could climb to a top 3 pick. He doesn't turn 19 until December. 6'9" 220 pounds with a 6'11" wingspan. Despite his size, he looks like he moves and plays like a guard. From the highlights I saw on YouTube, he looks explosive in transition and looks like he can be a playmaker. At the same time, he has a post-up game, rebounds well, and can play defense, including protect the rim.

You nailed it, mafra, This is the guy to watch in the 2019 NBA draft. I don't want him for us, but I hope he creates high level buzz as a high upside prospect and maybe helps stretch the value of the top picks in the draft.

Cam is a pretty good prospect, too. Some
    Question is personality, as in he’s never been “the man.” But he could be a lethal sniper SG third option.

Zion with a quiet 32 and 6 w/ 3 steals.

RJ with a triple double.

Freshman from Kentucky making it rain right now vs TENN.

Ja with 23/7/13/3 line so far... look forward to seeing what he does in the tourney.
    Last edited by mafra; Feb 16, 2019 at 20:45.

Veteran

Zion had a shoe blowout early and left the court and hasn’t returned. He needs to shut it down until he’s drafted and signed his deal.

RJ the real deal too... fear may be Zion blew out his knee.

Veteran

Just watched the replay on ESPN.com. Wow, Zion’s shoe just kind of tore apart there. Might not be that bad a knee injury. He limped off the court pretty quickly on his own immediately after it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Just watched the replay on ESPN.com. Wow, Zion’s shoe just kind of tore apart there. Might not be that bad a knee injury. He limped off the court pretty quickly on his own immediately after it happened.
    Looked to me like the right knee buckled and that caused his weight to shift to his left side... ripping his shoe...

If the shoe caused the fall he probably just tweaked the knee. If his fall was caused by the knee... then gulp!

Hope this is like the eye issue, where he is removed as a precautionary measure... he did walk off on his own.

Veteran

Looked to me like the right knee buckled and that caused his weight to shift to his left side... ripping his shoe...

If the shoe caused the fall he probably just tweaked the knee. If his fall was caused by the knee... then gulp!

Hope this is like the eye issue, where he is removed as a precautionary measure... he did walk off on his own.

Mild knee sprain are the early reports. He'll be out indefinitely until further diagnosis and going through process of recovery. Sounds like he'll be okay and will play again before the season ends if not, by Tournament time.

Kid is just freakishly brolic and ruptured the shoe(PG13 model at that). Bad press for Nike that's for sure.

“We’re very concerned about Zion,” he said. “It’s a mild knee sprain. We will know about length of time tomorrow. It’s stable. Obviously it has an impact. You lose the NPOY on the 1st play.”

According to the ESPN after the game, Williamson was jogging in the locker room after the injury, but couldn’t return. He wound up watching the rest of the game with his family.

Another 30-point game for Barrett. This guy might be better than Zion. Top 3 or bust for Knicks.

RJ better than Tatum. He rebounds and can score any way you need to. He can dribble too.

Potential lottery SG, Culver, and Texas Tech put a hurting inn kansas today.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/06/knicks...ft-gets-risky/

Scouts say this is a 2-3 player draft then a STEEP drop-off after that. Not a particularly good draft.

Zion, RJ, Ja... they have Culver 4th and kid from Gonzaga 5th.

Figures, this will all be for naught. Harken back to 2015... think of what NYK would’ve got from KAT (who hasn’t missed a game yet, I think) vs what they got from KP. That draft, NY slid out of first last week... then fell from 2 to 4.

Stinks this is the draft top 2 losers see their lottery odds decrease significantly.

Oh well. At least we have hope until May... then reality strikes. I just know I’ll see the NYK logo when they flip the 4th pick... camera spans to PHO and CHI and some teams at back end of lottery... they win top 3!