Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Road to Zion

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Scouts say this is a 2-3 player draft then a STEEP drop-off after that. Not a particularly good draft.

Zion, RJ, Ja... they have Culver 4th and kid from Gonzaga 5th.

Figures, this will all be for naught. Harken back to 2015... think of what NYK would’ve got from KAT (who hasn’t missed a game yet, I think) vs what they got from KP. That draft, NY slid out of first last week... then fell from 2 to 4.

Stinks this is the draft top 2 losers see their lottery odds decrease significantly.

Oh well. At least we have hope until May... then reality strikes. I just know I’ll see the NYK logo when they flip the 4th pick... camera spans to PHO and CHI and some teams at back end of lottery... they win top 3!
    I think a lot of us are expecting the 4th pick. Phoenix, Cleveland, and Chicago get 1, 2, and 3 with their better lottery luck and we get 4th. It almost seems inevitable. That said, we need to have 4 prospects in mind. Under better circumstances, getting KP at 4th was brilliant. We need that sleeper guy to emerge for us if we end up 4th again.

Originally Posted by htr10
    I think a lot of us are expecting the 4th pick. Phoenix, Cleveland, and Chicago get 1, 2, and 3 with their better lottery luck and we get 4th. It almost seems inevitable. That said, we need to have 4 prospects in mind. Under better circumstances, getting KP at 4th was brilliant. We need that sleeper guy to emerge for us if we end up 4th again.
    Did Perry draft Herzonjia? If so, then i would suspect that French wing would be his cup of tea, more so than the kid from Zaga.

Culver, from Texas Tech, is the next option.

12th man

The past decade of Knicks scouting/selection report in the NBA draft hasn't been looking to good for the team sake of making the playoffs.
    If the Knicks don't receive the first or 2nd pick in the 2019 NBA draft .. then the best thing for the Knicks are to trade the pick for a veteran needed 2-Way performance player.
    For the past two decades I been mentioning consistently on draft night bout the Knicks poor coaching-staff and it's inability to help the growth of college players into NBA players .. And this poor 2018-19 Knicks development season proves me right again !!!

Zion has 29 points (13-13), 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists, and 1 the “rim scrapped his face” filthy, mean , and nasty block, along with 1 completed 75 foot hockey assist pass. Only 2 fouls.

“Zion Williamson can do anything he wants... what an extraordinary performer... magic in that left hand,” says the announcer.

“The young man, he loves to play, has fun playing, shows good positive energy, smiles all the time, what’s so bad about that. It’s fun watching him playing basketball.”

Ties for most consecutive shots made in an ACC game ever... College record is 15-15.

He played 36/40 minutes, I believe.

Take that Boozer and Christian Laettner.

Not bad for his first collegiate post season tournament experience.

12th man

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mafra
    Zion has 29 points (13-13), 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists, and 1 the “rim scrapped his face” filthy, mean , and nasty block, along with 1 completed 75 foot hockey assist pass. Only 2 fouls.

“Zion Williamson can do anything he wants... what an extraordinary performer... magic in that left hand,” says the announcer.

“The young man, he loves to play, has fun playing, shows good positive energy, smiles all the time, what’s so bad about that. It’s fun watching him playing basketball.”

Ties for most consecutive shots made in an ACC game ever... College record is 15-15.

He played 36/40 minutes, I believe.

Take that Boozer and Christian Laettner.

Not bad for his first collegiate post season tournament experience.
    WOW! The chant "Sell The Team!" ....
    Mafra .. you wrote above all the reason why president Silver and a private NBA committee are not going to let Dolan's foolish organization get its mits on a Franchise player ZION/Barrett in the draft !!!

I always like seeing Duke in the tournament since the 70's .. ZION n Barrett look to be one of Duke's best NBA-Ready tandem candidates for the NBA draft.

30 and 11 for Zion... leads the charge, mounting a comeback victory. Blocks and steals and dunks and dribbling and everything. Wow!

Zion hit the game a winner, an off rebound put back, cleaning up his own miss.

He started 2-6 then went 9-9, finishing 13-19... only 2 fouls, again.

This kid is so much better than anybody in this draft. Man...

Zion now shooting 26-32 in his ACC tournament career.

Oh, BTW, he leads ACC in steals per game...

Plays defense. Is a leader. Handles media. Unstoppable in the pain. Plays above the rim. Avoids foul. Can dribble. Knock down a 3.

Please... if ever 14% odds meant anything... please.
    Last edited by mafra; Mar 15, 2019 at 23:36.

12th man

The kid is amazing, both sides of the ball. Here's one thing you don't hear is his impact on a game despite him not being a high use player. He's got a 28% usage rate good for 130 or so among NCAA players. Think about that Duke doesn't even feature him and he's their best player by a long shot.

It wasn't hard for Roy Williams to recap what changed between his team's first two matchups with Duke, which ended in dominant North Carolina victories, and what transpired Friday night, with the Blue Devils edging out a 74-73 win that might well have shifted the pecking order for a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

"The guy that's been hurt came back," Williams said, "put on his Superman jersey and was incredible."

Veteran

Huge game from Booker and Suns win tonight in OT. Suns and Cavs can now both “only” reach a maximum of 65 losses with Cavs on their way to loss 53 tonight and Suns with 54 losses. Bulls can get to 63 losses, so if they lose out and Suns keep winning, Bulls may get into the bottom 3.

The Knicks, on the other hand, are still steadily on the road to a possible 69 losses. With 13 games to play, if we go 3 and 10 or worse from here on out we are guaranteed the NBA’s worst record, even if the Suns or Cavs lose all of their remaining games.

We all dread lottery night and our eternal terrible ping pong ball luck, but the good news is that we are at the very least almost there to guaranteeing a top 5 pick. Even if we end up with the 4th or 5th pick, that should still mean adding a near elite talent, if our front office at all knows what it is doing.

Zion
    RJ
    Ja
    Coby White
    Hachimura
    Bol Bol
    Hunter
    Culver

Knicks are gonna get a good player.
    I think top 4 all have chance to be special... Hachimura could be a Milsap, West, Horford, Green type player too.

Zion is LJ (Larry Johnson Or LeBron?)

Ja with 15-15-9 (on 4-8 shooting) with 6 to go, leading 12th seed Murray St upset over Marquette.

Top 3 pick and Knicks are golden!

Ja with tournament’s first triple dub since 2012 (Draymond Green). I believe he ended with 17-16-11 line. This kid probably the second pick...

The only other players with triple-doubles in the Big Dance? It’s a select list of Oscar Robertson (four), Magic Johnson (two), Green (two), Shaquille O’Neal, Dwyane Wade, Andre Miller, Cole Aldrich, David Cain and Gary Grant.

“Ja Morant makes a lot of plans look bad,” Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski said. “I mean, I’ve been in this for a while. He’s as good as any guard that I’ve coached against, or played against, and I’ve coached against and played against some outstanding ones.”
    Last edited by mafra; Mar 21, 2019 at 20:32.

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Coach Leonard Hamilton knows his Florida State squad will have its hands full when it faces star Ja Morant and Murray State on Saturday in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Hamilton said Morant -- who recorded the eighth triple-double in NCAA tournament history in a win over Marquette in the opening round on Thursday -- reminds him of NBA legend Magic Johnson and other "throwback" players.

"What I notice is he's one of the most exceptional players that I've had a chance to watch play," Hamilton said Friday after watching Morant on film. "He's kind of a throwback to guys who have the ability to score points. But [he] also has the passion and the excitement about creating opportunities for his teammates, guys like a Nate Archibald who can lead the NBA in scoring and lead in assists at the same time. A guy like Magic Johnson, who got so much joy making the game easy for his teammates. Even a player like Muggsy Bogues, who has an uncanny way of making things easy for his [teammates]."

Hamilton said, however, Morant is not a one-man show. Murray State's other starters connected on 23 of their 42 attempts from the field. Murray State made 50 percent of its shots from beyond the arc.

"You have to be careful because he's not winning the games by himself," Hamilton said. "He's surrounding himself with good players who feed off of who he is and what he is about as a player. And I'm excited for him and for their team, because I enjoy watching guys play with such an unselfish spirit, that they actually get excited about it. You can just see the gleam and the joy in his eye. It motivates him."

Morant also credited his teammates for the success he has experienced. An NBA executive told ESPN.com on Thursday that Morant had risen to No. 2 on his board.

"I'll say we just have a very talented group," Morant said Friday. "We have a lot of people who can score the basketball, and we are very unselfish."